Toss your chicken wings in Chili’s honey chipotle sauce for a twist of sweet and spicy flavors. Chili’s honey chipotle sauce is famous for its intense flavors and combination of spices used. Not just chicken, but you can try this sauce with any meat or any other side dish. Why waste time in trying hefty recipes to have tastier chicken when you can step it up by just adding Chili’s honey chipotle sauce!
Chili’s honey chipotle sauce is sweet yet spicy with BBQ flavors in it. The thing is, it tastes better than any other chipotle sauce and is comparatively simple. All you need is to put all the ingredients, one after the other, and microwave the mixture (like it magically turns into a hot spicy yet sweet BBQ sauce). It reminds me of those cartoon witches stirring hot bubbling cauldrons to make magic potions. (Here, we use a microwave instead of fire.)
Now, let’s move on to the recipe procedure for Chili’s honey chipotle sauce. You need a couple of ingredients and equipment, as you know. For that, you’ll find the lists below. Follow the instructions and enjoy your treat. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other recipes from the Chilli’s menu.
1. Chili’s Ranch Dressing– Chili ranch dressing has mayonnaise and sour cream mixed with buttermilk and pickle juice. This ranch dressing is spiced up by adding garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and salt. Dried parsley adds a fresh aroma and herbal flavor to it.
2. Chili’s Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas– Chili’s chicken bacon ranch quesadillas has a delicious mixture of chopped chicken and bacon sandwiched between tortillas. These quesadillas have bacon and chicken mixture mixed with ranch and Cheddar cheese.
3. Chili’s Black Beans– Chili’s black beans are loaded with the flavors of spices added. This dish has soft black beans cooked and mixed with spices like garlic powder, cumin powder, pepper, and salt. It can be enjoyed with any main course dish.
4. Chili’s Spicy Garlic And Lime Shrimp– Chili’s spicy garlic and lime shrimp are crispy delicious and are cooked in garlic-flavored butter. These shrimp are tossed with the spice blend. The spice blend has garlic powder, onion powder, dry parsley flakes, thyme, cayenne pepper, and many more. It can be enjoyed with any spicy condiment or a side dish.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Chili’s Honey Chipotle Sauce?
- Bowl- Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a large bowl. You also need an oven-proof bowl to microwave the sauce.
- Spatula- Use a spatula or a whisk or a spoon to combine the ingredients for the sauce.
- Microwave- You need to microwave the mixture for the sauce to let all the flavors meld in it.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Chili’s Honey Chipotle Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||1 Minute||6 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chili’s Honey Chipotle Sauce?
- Corn syrup- Use a cup of light corn syrup for this recipe. Corn syrup is used as a sweetener and it gives body and shine to the sauce.
- Barbecue sauce- Barbecue sauce will add more flavors and spiciness to this sauce. Use a one-fourth cup of barbecue sauce for this recipe.
- Orange juice- Orange juice gives mild sweetness to the sauce. Use three tablespoons of orange juice for this recipe.
- Salt- Add salt to enhance the taste of the sauce.
- Honey- Honey is a natural sweetener and adds to the thick creamy texture of the sauce. I’ve used a one-fourth cup of honey for this sauce.
- Red pepper- To have more heat and spiciness in the sauce, add a half-teaspoon of ground red pepper or cayenne.
- Chipotle powder- To add chipotle flavor to the sauce, use a pinch of dried chipotle powder.
- Lemon juice- Just two drops of lemon juice is enough to give a citrusy lift to the sauce.
Steps To Make Chili’s Honey Chipotle Sauce
1. Combine All Ingredients
Take a large bowl and add corn syrup, barbecue sauce, orange juice, honey, and lemon juice to it. Whisk them together to combine. Now, add spices like chipotle powder, salt, ground red pepper (or cayenne) to the mixture. Mix them to combine the sauce mixture with the spices.
2. Microwave And Serve
Transfer the sauce to an oven-proof bowl and microwave the sauce for about 1 to 1.5 minutes. Remove the sauce from the microwave and keep it aside to cool.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||177 IU|
|Vitamin C||7 mg|
How Will Chili’s Honey Chipotle Sauce Look and Taste?
Chili’s honey chipotle sauce is sweet and red hot. It bursts with the flavors of barbecue sauce, orange juice, lemon juice, and chipotle powder. It’s seasoned with salt, pepper, and cayenne. This sauce can be used with chicken or any other meat. You can even marinate the meat with this sauce.
Chili’s Honey Chipotle Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Red Pepper (like cayenne)
- 1 pinch Dried Chipotle Powder
- 2 drops Lemon Juice
- Add corn syrup, barbecue sauce, orange juice, honey, and lemon juice to a large bowl. Whisk them together to combine. Add spices like chipotle powder, salt, ground red pepper (or cayenne) to the mixture. Mix them to combine.
- Pour the sauce into an oven-proof bowl and microwave it for about 1 to 1.5 minutes. Remove this sauce from the microwave and keep it aside to cool.
Share your experience with this recipe in the comments below. Try out our other amazing recipes too.