Do you like to recreate your restaurant favorites at home? If yes, then I have a famous Chili’s recipe for you. This time, I am bringing you Chili’s margarita grilled chicken recipe. It’s all about chicken grilled with spicy margarita flavors and paired with Mexican sides. This dish is an interesting chorus of Mexican sides and grilled chicken.
Chili’s margarita grilled chicken has smoky charred chicken marinated with margarita mix and spices like garlic, onion powder, pepper, and salt. Tequila and orange make it juicy and soft while adding more flavors to the chicken. It goes well with any side dish like black beans, Mexican rice, salads, or pico de gallo. Feel free to have more than one choice for sides while serving Chili’s margarita grilled chicken.
Now, let me walk you through the recipe procedure for Chili’s margarita grilled chicken. First, check out the lists below to have an insight on what ingredients and equipment are needed for this recipe. Then follow the instructions carefully. I’m sure you’ll enjoy this recipe. Before you read out the entire recipe, check out other recipes from the Chilli’s menu.
1. Chili’s Cajun Chicken Pasta– Chili’s Cajun chicken pasta has chicken spiced up with Cajun seasoning and is served with penne pasta and diced tomatoes. The pasta is infused with the flavors of garlic, pepper, cheese, and parsley. The shredded cheese and chopped parsley on top add more flavors to it.
2. Chili’s Enchilada Soup– Chili’s enchilada soup is loaded with cheese, chicken, and flavors from herbs and spices. It’s filled with the taste of enchilada sauce, Velveeta cheese, Masa Harina, and spices like chili, garlic powder, pepper. It’s served shredded cheese and chopped chives on top.
3. Chili’s Queso– Chili’s queso is a mouth-watering combination of cheese, milk, and spices. It has the taste of Velveeta cheese and Hormel chili mixed together with spices like pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, and many more. This delicious dip can be enjoyed with any Mexican side dish.
4. Chili’s Margarita Presidente– If you a high quality cocktail with your amazing food, try chili’s margarita presidente. It is a smooth blend of margarita drinks and Presidente brandy. There is orange liqueur that adds a citrusy tang and the salty rim adds a welcome salinity to it.
What Equipment Will You Need For Chili’s Margarita Grilled Chicken?
- Bowl- You need a large bowl to make the marinade and for black beans or Mexican rice. Use a bowl to keep freshly prepared pico de gallo before using it in the recipe. You can also marinate the chicken in a large bowl with a lid.
- Grill- Grill is the key equipment in the recipe. You need a grill for the chicken.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to mix the ingredients for the marinade and for pico de gallo or black beans.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to add the pico de gallo, Mexican rice, or black beans to the platter before serving.
- Plastic bag- You can marinate the chicken in an air-tight plastic bag with a marinade in it.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Chili’s Margarita Grilled Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Marinating Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||6 Minutes||4 Hours||4 Hours 11 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Chili’s Margarita Grilled Chicken?
- Chicken breasts- Chicken is the main ingredient in this recipe. Use four large boneless and skinless chicken breasts. Make sure the chicken breasts are pounded thin and even.
- Margarita Mix- Use a half cup of margarita mix for Chili’s margarita grilled chicken.
- Tequila- Tequila helps to marinate the meat faster. It also helps to infuse all the seasoning flavors into the chicken. Add two tablespoons of tequila to the marinade mixture for this recipe.
- Orange Juice- Orange juice gives a sweet fruity taste and contains natural acids that marinate the meat faster. Use two tablespoons of orange juice for this recipe.
- Honey- Honey adds sweetness to the chicken and balances the flavors of tequila and other spices present in the marinade.
- Garlic Powder- Add a teaspoon of garlic powder to add a basic seasoning flavor to the chicken.
- Onion Powder- Onion powder adds mildly sweet and onion-like flavor to the chicken. I’ve used a teaspoon of onion powder for this recipe.
- Kosher Salt- Add kosher salt to the marinade to season the chicken and enhance the taste.
- Black Pepper- To add more heat and seasoning flavor, add a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper to the marinade. You can also season the black beans (served with grilled chicken) with salt and pepper.
- Pico De Gallo- Add freshly prepared pico de gallo with Chili’s margarita grilled chicken.
- Tortilla Strips- You can add tortilla strips on sides with chicken if you want.
- Mexican Rice- If you wanna pair your grilled chicken with rice, then use a batch of Mexican rice for this recipe.
- Black Beans- Serve the Chili’s margarita grilled chicken with a batch of freshly seasoned black beans.
Steps To Make Chili’s Margarita Grilled Chicken
1. Whisk Together The Spices For Marinade
Take a large bowl and add orange juice, tequila, margarita mix, honey, onion powder, kosher salt, and black pepper. Mix them to form the marinade for the chicken. Dip the chicken in the marinade or pour the marinade in a plastic bag containing chicken. Marinate the chicken overnight or for at least 4 hours.
2. Marinate The Chicken And Grill
Remove the chicken from the marinade and place this chicken on the preheated grill (400 F). Grill this chicken for about 6 minutes, turning it halfway, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 F.
Now, remove the chicken from the grill and place it on the platter. Add seasoned beans, pico de gallo, and Mexican rice on the sides. Add tortilla strips or salsa to the platter and serve.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||88 IU|
|Vitamin C||7 mg|
How Will Chili’s Margarita Grilled Chicken Look and Taste?
It’s good to go! Every bit of Chili’s margarita grilled chicken is loaded with the flavors of spices and margarita mix. It has crispy char on the crust with tender, juicy meat inside. It’s so tender that it easily falls apart the moment you take a bite. It’s served with pico de gallo, Mexican rice, and black beans (or salsa). It’s a healthy and incredibly delicious main course dish.
Chili’s Margarita Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Plastic Bag
- 4 Chicken Breasts (large boneless skinless, pounded thin and even)
- 1/2 cup Margarita Mix
- 2 Tablespoon Tequila
- 2 Tablespoon Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Pico De Gallo (optional)
- Tortilla Strips (optional)
- 1 batch Mexican Rice (optional)
- 1 batch Seasoned Black Beans (optional)
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients for marinade like orange juice, tequila, margarita mix, honey, onion powder, kosher salt, and black pepper. Mix them to form the marinade for the chicken. The marinade in a plastic bag containing chicken. Make sure the chicken is coated with the marinade mixture. Marinate it overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- After removing the chicken from the marinade, place this chicken on the preheated grill (400 F). Grill this chicken for about 6 minutes, turning it halfway, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and place it on a serving platter. Add seasoned beans, pico de gallo, and Mexican rice on the sides with the chicken. You can also add tortilla strips or salsa to this platter and serve.
Tell me in the comments if you like this recipe. You must try our other recipes too.