Taco Bell tostada is a golden tortilla of crispy consistency and rough mixture in Mexican cuisine. It has flat surface to hold all of the toppings. Being one of the tastiest and very popular Mexican foods, Taco Bell Tostada is quite famous among a huge section of people.
Founded by Glen Bell in 1962, Taco Bell is one of the famous fast-food chains of America. You would find a wide variety of Mexican and Tex-Mex foods, including tacos, burritos, quesadillas and nachos in their restaurants. Notably, it is the subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc.
To make Taco Bell tostada, bake the tortilla for about 10 minutes. Cook the meat and add the Taco Bell seasoning to it. Spread the nacho cheese sauce on the tortilla, put the meat over it and top with shredded lettuce. Crush 1 taco shell over this and top with salsa, tomato and cheese. Your Taco Bell tostada is ready!
So, we shall be learning how to make the best ever Taco Bell tostada at home quickly. Having said that, let’s dig into the ultimate Taco Bell tostada recipe. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. McDonald’s McRib Sandwich – McDonald’s McRibs are quite famous, but they usually drop it from their menu regularly. So I decided to share this McRibs recipe with you all.
2. Taco Bell’s Chicken Chalupas – Chicken Chalupas in Taco Bell is a flatbread shell. It is served with a filling of beef, lettuce, tomatoes, three cheese and avocado ranch sauce. Otherwise, Chalupa is a dish that comes from Mexican cuisine.
3. Taco Bell Baja Sauce – This sauce is a traditional dish of Mexico. It is served with corn or wheat tortilla in the famous Mexican fast-food chain Taco Bell.
4. Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Sauce – Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Sauce is a very famous dip that Taco Bell serves with their Nachos. This recipe is also labeled jalapeno cheese sauce.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Taco Bell Tostada?
- Pan – Cook the refried beans in a pan.
- Oven – Place the tostada in the oven to bake for 2 minutes.
- Ladle – Stir in the spices with the refried beans mixture.
- Grater – Grate the cheddar cheese using a grater.
- Knife – Chop the tomatoes with a knife.
- Baking Sheet – Place the tostada on the baking sheet to bake the tostada for 2-3 minutes.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Taco Bell Tostada?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Taco Bell Tostada?
- Refried Beans – Take a tablespoon of refried beans to add to the tostada.
- Shredded Lettuce – Tear fresh iceberg lettuce to add on top of tostada.
- Olive Oil – Sautee the refried beans in a small pan using olive oil.
- Tomatoes – Add some chopped tomatoes to the toppings of the tostada.
- Cheddar Cheese – Shred some cheddar cheese on top of Taco Bell tostada.
- Salsa – A dollop of salsa on the top of well paired with Taco Bell tostada.
- Taco Seasoning – Season the tostada with a teaspoon of taco seasoning.
- Creamy Chipotle Taco Bell Sauce – Slather a tablespoon all over the tostada.
- Crunchy Tostada – Take two layers of tostada for the base.
- Garlic Powder – Season the refried beans with a pinch of garlic powder.
- Red Chili Powder – Spice up the refried beans with a a pinch of red chili powder.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
Steps To Make Taco Bell Tostada
1. Prep Step
Gather all the pantry items on the table to prepare the tostada right in your kitchen. Chop tomatoes and lettuce for the toppings. Shred some Mexican cheddar cheese in a small bowl.
2. Heat’s Turn
Take a pan greased with olive oil. Add refried beans to the pan. Then, season it with a pinch of garlic powder, salt, red chili powder, and taco seasoning. Mix everything and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the pan when the spices are merged with the refried beans.
Now it’s the time to assemble the tostada. Take the crunchy tostada, add refried beans all over, and top it with tomatoes, lettuce, and cheddar cheese. Smother a teaspoon of spicy chipotle sauce and sprinkle a pinch of taco seasoning on the top. Place the tostada in the oven to bake for 2-3 minutes. It will help to melt the cheese and bake the tostada a little. Serve this delicious Taco Bell tostada with a dollop of salsa and enjoy.
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
How Will Taco Bell Tostada Look And Taste Like?
Taco Bell tostada is a crispy fried tortilla, topped with refried beans, tomatoes, lettuce or some other veggies. You can also top the tostada with some ground beef. Homemade tostada is enriched with chipotle sauces, fresh veggies, and cheddar cheese. With a crunchy base and rich toppings the tostada will bring out the refreshing flavors.
Taco Bell Tostada Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- ½ cup Refried Beans
- 2 sprigs Shredded Lettuce
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ cup Tomatoes (Diced)
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Salsa
- 1 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Creamy Chipotle Taco Bell Sauce
- 2 Crunchy Tostada
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Gather all the pantry items on the table to prepare the tostada right in your kitchen.
- Chop tomatoes and lettuce for the toppings. Shred some Mexican cheddar cheese in a small bowl.
- Take a pan greased with olive oil. Add refried beans to the pan.
- Then, season it with a pinch of garlic powder, salt, red chili powder, and taco seasoning.
- Mix everything and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the pan when the spices are merged with the refried beans.
- Now it’s time to assemble the tostada.
- Take the crunchy tostada, add refried beans all over, and top it with tomatoes, lettuce, and cheddar cheese.
- Smother a teaspoon of spicy chipotle sauce and sprinkle a pinch of taco seasoning on the top.
- Bake the tostada for 3-4 minutes in the oven.
- Serve this delicious Taco Bell tostada with a dollop of salsa and enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What’s on a Taco Bell tostada?
Taco Bell’s crunchy tostada is topped with refried beans, lettuce, Taco Bell sauce, cheese, tomatoes, and chipotle sauce. The chipotle sauce is what makes this Spicy Tostada so damn delicious.
Does Taco Bell still make tostadas?
The Spicy Tostada has also been removed from the Taco Bell menu. However, make your tostadas at home with the above recipe article.
What is the difference between a tostada and a taco shell?
The main difference is that a tostada is flat and made on a crispy tortilla shell, usually corn. Tacos, while they can be made in crispy corn shells, are most commonly seen soft, folded, with either corn or flour tortillas.
How much are tostadas at Taco Bell?
Tostadas at Taco Bell costs you $1.59.
This was all about this recipe. Tell me how well you liked it in the comments below. You can also leave your suggestions and queries in the comments. I’ll be happy to hear from you and be of help. Till then, happy eating!