It is scientifically proved that kids are more innovative than adults and to back this statement, I have a story which says- There was the birthday of my son and he came to me and showed me his painting.
In the painting, he made a panda face. I said what is it? He replied I want you to make my birthday cake as same as the painting. By watching his innocent face, I said yes to him but I wasn’t familiar with the Panda Cake Recipe.
Just to keep my promise to my son, I called all my friends just to know how to make panda cake? There is a friend of mine who gave me the number of cake artists. I called her and I asked her about the Panda Cake Recipe.
She agreed to teach me the recipe of Panda Cake just as my son made in his painting. It took me some time to understand the recipe but I made it for my son and he loved it. I know there are many mothers like me whose kids demand such things and for those mothers, I will share Panda Cake Recipe.
If you love cakes, then you should definitely check out the other cake recipes that I’ve handpicked just for you.
1. Eggless Vanilla Cake– A slice of soft and moist cake with coffee sounds like the perfect recipe for a relaxing evening. All you need to do is bake this delicious eggless vanilla cake. If you are vegan or not, this cake is perfect for you.
2. Almond Cake– Almond cake is soft, fluffy with finely grounded almonds and a dash of lemon flavor in it. This recipe is easy to make. It will be a great help in a situation when you get an unexpected visit from guests.
3. Angel Food Cake– This cake is good for your kids and those who are not a big fan of desserts. Angel food cake is different because this cake uses only healthy and common edible items that are usually present in our home.
4. Monster Cake– This monster cake is very popular in the game- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. This monster cake would restore the health of the character and I was really fascinated with it.
Ingredients For Panda Cake
For White Cream
|Box Of White Cake Mix||1|
|Vegetable Oil||1/3 Cup|
|Sour Cream||1/4 Cup|
|Vanilla Pudding Mix||1/4 Cup|
|Vegetable Shortening||1 Cup|
|Granulated Sugar||6 Cups|
|Vanilla Extract||1 1/2 tsp|
|Cocoa Powder||3 tbsp|
|Black Food Coloring||1 Cup|
|Black Modelling Chocolate||2 ounce|
|White Modelling Chocolate||1 ounce|
|Pink Modelling Chocolate||1 ounce|
While learning the recipe, I was curious to know the exact timing required to make this Panda Cake at home. I know that you also want to how much time it will take me to make Panda Cake at home. So let’s check it out.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|45 Mins||25 Mins||70 Mins|
I did a lot efforts to know the recipe but you don’t have to because we have reached the final stage where I will tell the proper recipe step by step.
Panda Cake Recipe
For White Cakes
- At 350 degrees F, preheat the oven.
- With butter, brush the pan and spread flour accordingly with round parchment paper.
- With Cupcakes cavities brush the muffins. With butter and flour dust brush cupcakes cavities in a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, add cake mix, water, pudding, sour cream, egg whites, and oil. Mix it properly.
- In the mixer, beat the mixture for half minutes, until it will become smooth.
- With the batter, fill the cupcake cavities.
- In the cake pans, divide the batter accordingly.
- For 30 minutes, bake the cakes and cupcakes, check by pricking the fork, if the fork comes out with moist crumbs it is ready then.
- For 10 minutes, cool them.
- To form the cakes in the bear shape, place the cupcakes upside of the cake, so it will look like Panda’s ear.
- In the mixer, add shortening, sugar, and butter, beat until it will turn smooth or fluffy.
- In the mixer, add vanilla, milk to smooth the frosting. You can add more milk if required.
- Add more milk as needed to make the frosting soft enough to pipe through a star tip yet hold its shape.
- In a bowl, transfer 2 cups of frosting.
- Add cocoa powder, black food coloring, and milk in the small bowl of frosting.
- Roll out the black, white, and pink modeling chocolate with a pin.
- Cut black modeling chocolate into an oval shape.
- In four circles, cut the white modeling chocolate, cut white modeling chocolate in heart shapes, and four circles fro black modeling chocolate.
- With a piping gel, attach a white circle with a black one.
- On the top of the white circle, attach a black circle and with the edges of a small white heart attach them. Create 4b more eyes in the same process.
- Cut heart-shaped nose from black modeling chocolate.
- From Pink modeling, cut one heart and one circle.
- By using piping gel, attach points of heart with a circle over the top.
Decorate The Panda Bear Cakes
- By using frosting, attach eyes and nose in the cake.
- By using star tips, pipe white frosting on the cakes around eyes and nose. With black frosting pipe the stars over the ears.
- Place it in the refrigerator until it will come in use.
Finally, Panda Cake is ready. Make it at your kid’s birthday party, just like I did. I bet that it will surely be liked by your kid and his friends
Nutritional Facts Of Panda Cake
As a mother, I was very conscious of the fact that too much sweet is bad for kids. So, I have mentioned the nutritional breakdown of Panda Cake, from where you will come to know how many slices you need to give to your children.
How To Make Panda Cake at Home | Video
If you want to see how much can make Panda Cake in different shapes or sizes. I have added a video for you, so it’ll be easier for you.
I hope you’ve liked the recipe of Panda Cake. Whenever you’ll try this at home, share your kid’s valuable reviews with us in the comment section. And for more cake recipes, stay tuned.