You might have encountered amazing recipes on the Outback Steakhouse menu with prices. If you have ever tried the Outback Steakhouse mac and cheese, you’d know that it is not just for kids. Even as an adult, I really enjoy it. They call it the Mac A Roo and Cheese at the restaurant and it is absolutely amazing.
It’s the right amount of cream and cheese. Also, they don’t limit their Mac A Roo and Cheese to just macaroni. Nope! You can experiment with penne and even cellentani pasta. The corkscrew pasta is just the elongated version of the macaroni. This is of course a personal opinion (don’t come at me with Italian anger).
This simple recipe is also just half an hour’s labor. Yup, just 30 minutes to make this delicious copycat version of the Outback Steakhouse mac and cheese. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other recipes from the Outback Steakhouse menu.
1. Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Onion– The Outback steakhouse bloomin onion is one of the most popular side dishes of the restaurant. It is the fancy version of the onion rings and is made by covering a ‘bloomed’ onion in a spicy breading. It is then fried to a golden perfection to give you this amazing side.
2. Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Onion Sauce– The Outback Steakhouse bloomin onion sauce is the perfect sauce for your bloomin onion and also for other snacks as well. The ingredient that sets this sauce apart is horseradish. It makes the sauce the perfect amount of peppery. The creaminess comes from mayonnaise and ketchup. The rest of the flavor comes from spices and seasoning.
3. Outback Steakhouse Bread– Make the soft and sweet bread just like Outback Steakhouse in your home. The bread is sweetened with honey, molasses, and brown sugar and also give the bread its distinct color. Talking about color, cocoa powder gives the bread color too. Bake this bread and serve with your favorite steaks and soups.
4. Outback Steakhouse Potato Soup– The Outback Steakhouse potato soup is a delicious and creamy one made with roasted and diced potatoes. The soup is made with cream, broth, and a cheese blend. This appetizer is so creamy and smooth, you might decide to make it your main course.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Outback Steakhouse Mac And Cheese?
- Medium-Sized Pots- You’ll be needing 2 pots. One to cook the pasta and the other one to make the cheese sauce.
- Colander- Drain the pasta using a colander.
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray- Grease your cooking pot with cooking spray so that nothing sticks to the pan.
- Wooden Spoon- Wooden spoon so you can stir the mixture. Spare your hands.
- Knife- Cut the cheese with this sharp knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Outback Steakhouse Mac And Cheese?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||15 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Outback Steakhouse Mac And Cheese?
- Macaroni- What’s mac and cheese without the mac? Still delicious. I mean you can substitute macaroni with cellentani or penne. They do that at the restaurant all the time.
- Cheddar and Velveeta Cheese- These are the two kinds of cheese that go into the pasta. This adds the perfect amount of tang, nuttiness, and creaminess to the pasta.
- Half and Half- Add half and half to the cheese mixture to smoothen it out. You can also use whole milk if you don’t want to use half and half.
- Paprika- Add some paprika for a little spicy flavor in the mac and cheese.
- Salt and Pepper- Add salt and pepper because no one likes bland pasta.
Steps To Make Outback Steakhouse Mac And Cheese
1. Pasta Al Dente
Take a medium pot and add water and salt to it. Cook the pasta al dente in this water. Drain the pasta using a colander and keep it aside until you need to use it, which will probably be in a few minutes.
2. That’s So Cheesy!
Take another pot and grease with cooking spray. Add the shredded cheddar and Velveeta cheese to the pot. Then, pour the half and half into the pot and stir until the cheese melts and combines with the half and half. Your cheese sauce is almost ready.
3. Mac A Roo And Cheese
Add a little paprika, salt, and pepper to this mixture to make it flavorful. Then, add the cooked pasta to it.
Mix well until the pasta gets coated with the sauce and then serve. Your delicious Mac A Roo and Cheese is ready!
|Saturated Fat||29 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
How Will The Outback Steakhouse Mac And Cheese Look And Taste Like?
The pasta looks like your regular mac and cheese. The slightly pale white sauce and the elbow pasta look the same. It’s the taste where it reigns supreme. The pasta has a smooth texture with chewy pasta. The flavors are simple and that is what makes it loved by adults and kids. The paprika adds a slight spice to the pasta and seasoning saves it from being bland.
Outback Steakhouse Mac And Cheese Recipe
- 2 Medium-Sized Pots
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Wooden Spoon
- 2 cups Macaroni
- ¼ cup Cheddar (shredded)
- 8 ounces Velveeta Cheese
- ½ cup Half and Half
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- In a medium pot, add water and salt and cook the pasta al dente. Drain the pasta using a colander and keep it aside.
- Take another pot and grease with cooking spray. Add the shredded cheddar and Velveeta cheese to the pot. Then, pour the half and half into the pot and stir until the cheese melts and combines with the half and half.
- Add a little paprika, salt, and pepper to this mixture, and then add the cooked pasta.
- Mix well until the pasta gets coated with the sauce and then serve.
So, this is the simple recipe for Outback Steakhouse mac and cheese. Tell me in the comments how well did you like it. Happy cooking!