Bring the best of Thanksgiving flavors and aroma to your oven-roasted turkey! Herb-roasted turkey breast is one of a kind. This turkey recipe is all about tender bites and incredible flavors. It’s seasoned with herbs and spice mixture and roasted in the oven. Now, let’s spice up the Thanksgiving turkey with herbal aromatics and enjoy our holiday feast.
Herb-roasted turkey breast has the flavors of rosemary, sage, and thyme mixed with garlic, pepper, and mustard. These juicy turkey bites are loaded with dry white wine and zesty lemon. You can add more flavors to it if you wish. Try not to break the turkey skin while you loosen it to add the spice mixture. Cover the turkey breast with aluminum foil to make sure the turkey isn’t over-browning. Now, let’s start with the recipe for herb-roasted turkey breast.
I’ve mentioned the lists for the equipment and ingredients needed for the recipe of herb-roasted turkey breast. Read these lists and try the recipe. I’m sure you’ll love this turkey recipe once you take a bite. It’ll look as perfect and delicious as described below.
What Equipment Will You Need For Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast?
- Bowl- Use a small to make the spice mixture for the recipe.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to mix the ingredients of the spice mixture.
- Roasting pan- Place the turkey breast (skin side up) on the roasting pan to roast the turkey.
- Oven- You need to roast the turkey in the oven.
- Aluminum foil- Cover the turkey breast with aluminum foil to keep it moist and prevent it from drying out.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Extra Time||Total Time|
|25 Minutes||2 Hour||15 Minutes||2 Hours 40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast?
- Turkey breast- Use a whole 7-pounds bone-in turkey breast for this recipe.
- Garlic- Mince three cloves of garlic and use a tablespoon of this garlic in the spice mixture to add seasoning flavor to the turkey.
- Mustard- Add two teaspoons of dry mustard to season the turkey with a mild tangy flavor of mustard.
- Rosemary leaves- Chop rosemary leaves and add a tablespoon of chopped rosemary to the spice mixture to add its fresh herbal flavor to the turkey.
- Sage leaves- Add a tablespoon of chopped fresh sage leaves to add fresh earthy flavors to the turkey.
- Thyme leaves- Add a teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme leaves to the spice mix. Thyme adds aromatic herbal flavors to the turkey.
- Kosher salt- Add two teaspoons of kosher salt to the spice mixture to season the turkey.
- Black pepper- Add some heat to the turkey by adding a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper to the spice mixture.
- Olive oil- Olive oil combines all spices to make a smooth paste for this recipe. Use two tablespoons of olive oil for this recipe.
- Lemon juice- Squeeze a lemon and use two tablespoons of this lemon juice to add a citrusy twist to the turkey.
- White wine- Add a cup of dry white wine to the roasting to infuse the turkey roast with the flavors of dry white wine.
Steps To Make Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast
1. Season Turkey With Spices And Herbs
Take a small bowl and add mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, fresh rosemary leaves, sage, thyme, and lemon juice to it. Mix them well to combine and make a smooth paste. Place the turkey breast on the roasting pan. Lightly loosen the skin of the turkey and spread the spice mixture in it. Rub the remaining spice mixture all over the turkey skin.
2. Roast The Turkey
Pour the wine into the roasting pan and roast the turkey in the preheated oven (325 F) for about 2 hours until the internal temperature of the turkey is 165 F and its skin is golden brown. When it’s done, cover it with aluminum foil and let it rest for almost 15 minutes. Slice the turkey, spoon over some of the pan drippings, and serve.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Vitamin A||28 IU|
|Vitamin C||3 mg|
How Will Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast Look and Taste?
The herb-roasted turkey breast is a turkey extravaganza! It’s a perfect turkey recipe to be presented at the Thanksgiving dinner table. This tender turkey is filled with the flavors of herbs and spices along with white wine. The outer skin of the turkey is crispy and brown yet it’s juicy on the inside. So, enjoy this crowd-pleasing turkey dish on your Thanksgiving feast.
Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (3 cloves minced)
- 2 teaspoons Dry Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Sage Leaves (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme Leaves (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- In a small bowl combine mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, fresh rosemary leaves, sage, thyme, and lemon juice to it. Make a smooth paste of this spice mixture. Now, place the turkey breast on the roasting pan with skin side up. Loosen up the turkey skin and spread the spice mixture in it. Rub the remaining spice mixture all over the turkey skin.
- Pour dry white wine into the roasting pan and roast the turkey in the preheated oven (325 F) for about 2 hours until the internal temperature of the turkey is 165 F and its skin is golden brown. When the turkey is done, cover it with aluminum foil and let it rest for almost 15 minutes. Slice the turkey, spoon over some of the pan drippings, and serve.
So! How was your herb-roasted turkey breast recipe? Tell me in the comments below and try other holiday recipes too.