Outback Steakhouse bread is one of the best reasons to visit Outback after the famous Bloomin Onion in their menu.
The bread is a complimentary item that you can get with the food. The best part is that you don’t have to visit Outback anymore to eat their delicious bread because I am going to tell you how anyone can easily make Outback Steakhouse’s official bread at your home.
The Outback Steakhouse bread has not one or two but three sweeteners. It has honey, molasses, and brown sugar for the yummy sweet flavor. Also, there’s an unsweetened cocoa powder (I wouldn’t have guessed). This gives the bread a distinct color and texture, like it’s chocolate bread but not really chocolate bread.
The bread flour is mixed with whole wheat flour and that makes the dough a little sticky yet still elastic.
Don’t believe me? Try making this bread at home. It’s simple to make, cross my heart. I’ll be your guide to making this delicious Outback Steakhouse bread at home.
Follow my lead! But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other recipes from the Outback Steakhouse menu.
1. Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Onion– The Outback steakhouse bloomin onion is one of the most popular side dishes of the restaurant. It is the fancy version of the onion rings and is made by covering a ‘bloomed’ onion in a spicy breading. It is then fried to a golden perfection to give you this amazing side.
2. Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Onion Sauce– The Outback Steakhouse bloomin onion sauce is the perfect sauce for your bloomin onion and also for other snacks as well. The ingredient that sets this sauce apart is horseradish. It makes the sauce the perfect amount of peppery. The creaminess comes from mayonnaise and ketchup. The rest of the flavor comes from spices and seasoning.
3. Outback Steakhouse Mac And Cheese– If you want mac and cheese just like they make at the Outback Steakhouse, try this copycat recipe. This recipe is simple and cheese used are cheddar and Velveeta. Whip the ‘ronies at home with some cheese, cream, and spices and enjoy comfort in a bowl.
4. Outback Steakhouse Potato Soup– The Outback Steakhouse potato soup is a delicious and creamy one made with roasted and diced potatoes. The soup is made with cream, broth, and a cheese blend. This appetizer is so creamy and smooth, you might decide to make it your main course.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Outback Steakhouse Bread?
- Measuring Cup- Add the water, sweeteners, and yeast into the measuring cup to let the yeast soften.
- Stand Mixer- Make your lovely dough in the stand mixer. This dough needs a lot of kneading, so unless you are the Hulk, I say you dust that stand mixer and keep it ready for use.
- Large Bowl- The dough needs to rise and shine. Let it take a nap in a large bowl.
- Baking Sheet lined with Parchment Paper- Place your soft dough on the baking sheet and then…
- Oven-...pop them in the oven to bake them.
- Knife, Spatula, and Rolling Pin- Use the knife to divide the dough and the spatula to scrape the dough from the sides. Use the rolling pin for rolling purposes.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Outback Steakhouse Bread?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Rising Time||Total Time|
|25 Minutes||15 Minutes||1 Hour 20 Minutes||2 Hours|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Outback Steakhouse Bread?
- Whole Wheat Flour and Bread Flour- The mixture of these two flour makes the bread better. The bread is soft, supple, and exactly like the one, you’ll find at the Outback Steakhouse.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder- This gives the rich deep brown color.
- Brown Sugar, Honey, and Molasses- This trio is used to sweeten the bread as well as enhance its taste, color, and texture.
- Active Dry Yeast- This makes the bread fill up with air and rise to make the air pockets that make it fluffy. Here’s your bread science.
- Warm Water- You need a little warm water to get the yeast going.
- Kosher Salt- A pinch of salt for balancing flavors and following traditions.
- Canola Oil- Add some oil to moisten and bind the bread.
- Cornmeal- Sprinkle some cornmeal over the pan so that the dough doesn’t stick.
Steps To Make Outback Steakhouse Bread
1. The Yeast In The Cup
Start by making the yeast mixture. Take a measuring cup and add warm water to it. The temperature of the water should be between 105℉ to 115℉. Then, add brown sugar, molasses, and honey to it to sweeten it. After that, add the active dry yeast to the cup and let it soften for 5 minutes.
2. The Dough Though
Once the yeast has softened, pour the sweet yeast mixture into a stand mixer. Add the whole wheat flour, bread flour, and cocoa powder to it. Also, add canola oil and a pinch of salt to it.
Using the hook attachment of the mixer, mix everything to form a dough for about 5 minutes. The dough should be a little sticky to touch and should feel slightly elastic. Place the dough in a clean large bowl and set it aside to rise for about an hour.
3. Dough Ball To Dough Log
After that, puncture the dough and let all the air out. Divide the dough into 8 balls of equal size.
Now, with a rolling pin, roll the dough balls out to a thickness of ¼ inch thickness.
Now, roll the dough to form a dough log. This log will become your beautiful bread. Sprinkle some cornmeal on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place all the dough logs on it. Then, set them aside for another 20 minutes to rise again.
4. Am I A Baker?
While your dough is rising, preheat the oven to a scorching temperature of 400℉. After the dough has risen, place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the dough for about 15 minutes.
When it is baked, has a deep brown color, and is slightly crusty, take it out. Let it cool and then serve your delicious bread with whipped butter.
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
How Will The Outback Steakhouse Bread Look And Taste Like?
The bread has a deep rich brown color and it is slightly crusty. The bread, when you tear it, is soft from the inside. It has a rich texture and is sweet because of the sweet trio; honey, molasses, and brown sugar. It is the perfect partner for your steak dinner.
Outback Steakhouse Bread
- 1 ½ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 ½ cups Bread Flour
- 3 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
- ¼ cup Honey
- 3 tablespoons Molasses
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 ½ cups Warm Water
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons Cornmeal (for spreading on the baking pan)
- In a measuring cup, add warm water, brown sugar, molasses, and honey. Then, add the dry yeast to the cup and let it soften for 5 minutes.
- Then, pour this mixture into a stand mixer. Add the whole wheat flour, bread flour, and cocoa powder to it. Also, add canola oil and salt to it.
- Mix everything using a hook attachment for about 5 minutes. Then, place the dough in a clean large bowl and set it aside to rise for about an hour.
- After that, puncture the dough and let all the air out. Divide the dough into 8 balls of equal size.
- Use a rolling pin, roll the dough balls out to a thickness of ¼ inch thickness.
- Now, roll the dough to form a dough log. Sprinkle some cornmeal on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place all the dough logs on it. Then, set them aside for another 20 minutes to rise.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to a temperature of 400℉. After the dough has risen, place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the dough for about 15 minutes.
- When it is baked, has a deep brown color, and is slightly crusty, take it out. Let it cool and then serve your delicious bread with whipped butter.
This is all about the Outback Steakhouse mac and cheese. Tell me in the comments how well you liked this recipe. See you next time. Happy eating!