The Outback Steakhouse potato soup recipe is absolutely delicious. But if you can’t find an Outback Steakhouse outlet nearby, you can easily make this delicious recipe at your home.
Yes, you heard it right. You can make the potato soup recipe from the Outback Steakhouse menu in your house using a few easy steps that I’ve mentioned below.
It is made with roasted and diced potatoes immersed in a thick creamy soup. The soup is creamy because of the chicken broth and heavy cream. The soup is served with chopped bacon, a cheese blend of Monetary Jack and Cheddar, and some chives. Just thinking about it is making me crave it.
You can serve this soup before your steak meal but I’d recommend eating small portions of it. The soup is also very healthy that you can have it as your dinner main course with some sweet bread.
Let’s find out the Outback Steakhouse potato soup recipe. It’s all there, just keep scrolling. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other recipes from the Outback Steakhouse menu.
1. Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Onion– The Outback steakhouse bloomin onion is one of the most popular side dishes of the restaurant. It is the fancy version of the onion rings and is made by covering a ‘bloomed’ onion in a spicy breading. It is then fried to a golden perfection to give you this amazing side.
2. Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Onion Sauce– The Outback Steakhouse bloomin onion sauce is the perfect sauce for your bloomin onion and also for other snacks as well. The ingredient that sets this sauce apart is horseradish. It makes the sauce the perfect amount of peppery. The creaminess comes from mayonnaise and ketchup. The rest of the flavor comes from spices and seasoning.
3. Outback Steakhouse Bread– Make the soft and sweet bread just like Outback Steakhouse in your home. The bread is sweetened with honey, molasses, and brown sugar and also give the bread its distinct color. Talking about color, cocoa powder gives the bread color too. Bake this bread and serve with your favorite steaks and soups.
4. Outback Steakhouse Mac And Cheese– If you want mac and cheese just like they make at the Outback Steakhouse, try this copycat recipe. This recipe is simple and cheese used are cheddar and Velveeta. Whip the ‘ronies at home with some cheese, cream, and spices and enjoy comfort in a bowl.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Outback Steakhouse Potato Soup?
- Oven- The oven has little role to play in this recipe but that doesn’t mean it isn’t crucial. You need the oven to bake the potatoes and the potatoes are the whole point of this potato soup.
- Pot- The pot is where all your soup comes together.
- Rubber Spatula and Whisk- The stirring and whisking need a spatula and a whisk.
- Fork and Knife- If you have suppressed rage, use the fork to stab the potato and release some stress. Then, chop it into little pieces with a knife (pardon my psychopathic tendencies).
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Outback Steakhouse Potato Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||2 Hour 15 Minutes||2 Hour 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Outback Steakhouse Potato Soup?
- Potatoes- The potatoes have a lot to bear before they get added into the soup. They have to be rinsed, scrubbed, stabbed, baked, and then diced. Then, they are added to boiling hot soup. Give the poor potato a break.
- Onion- Onions add beautiful sweetness to this rich soup.
- All-Purpose Flour- Flour has no taste purposes in this soup. It is the thickening agent for this soup.
- Butter- Butter adds richness to this soup.
- Heavy Cream- Add the heavy cream to make this soup smoother and heavier.
- Chicken Broth- Chicken broth makes the soup flavorful and gives it the soupiness it needs.
- Vegetable Oil- Just grease the potatoes with some vegetable oil before baking.
- Water- Add some water to the soup to dilute it a bit.
- Kosher Salt- Season the potatoes before baking with some kosher salt.
- Celery Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Dried Basil, Sugar- Add all these seasonings to the soup to make it flavorful.
- For Garnish (Cooked Bacon, Chives, and Monetary Jack Cheese and Cheddar Cheese Blend)- When the soup is all set and done, garnish it with cheese, bacon, and chives)
Steps To Make Outback Steakhouse Potato Soup
1. Roasting Potatoes
No, you don’t have to insult them, you have to bake them in the oven. Start by preheating your oven to 350℉. Take the potatoes and rinse, scrub, and clean them. After that, poke them with a fork so that they get cooked all the way through.
Apply some oil on your hands and coat the potatoes with oil. Then, season them with kosher salt. Place the potatoes directly on the oven rack and bake them for an hour.
2. Creamy Consistency
Then, take a large pot and cook the bacon slices in it. Set them aside and clean the bacon grease. If you want, you can keep the bacon grease as well. It won’t be healthy but it will add a lot of flavor to the soup.
In the same pot, melt the butter and add the onions to it. Cook the onions until they are soft.
Then, add the flour and stir it for about 3-4 minutes while stirring with a rubber spatula. Also, scrape any bacon bits from the bottom of the pan.
After that, add the chicken broth and water to the pot. Replace the spatula with a whisk and stir often. Season with salt, black pepper, dried basil, and sugar, and keep stirring the mixture every now and then.
Gradually, add the cream to the pot as well. Stir and let it cook on low heat until it reaches your desired consistency.
3. Finishing Touch
Then, cut the baked potatoes into cubes and add to the soup. Cook for a minute or two and remove the soup from heat.
After that, pour the soup into bowls. Add the chopped bacon, cheese blend, and chives to garnish it and serve. Your delicious, rich, and creamy Outback Steakhouse potato soup is ready.
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
How Will The Outback Steakhouse Look And Taste Like?
The soup has a pale white color and you can see the potato pieces in it. Top it with the bacon, cheese blend, and chives and it becomes colorful. The soup is absolutely delicious. The chicken broth and cream give the soup a smooth and creamy consistency. The baked potato is soft to bite into. The crunchy bacon bits also make it lovely to sip and eat. The chives add a little bit of freshness and the cheese melts slightly and gets mixed into the soup. The Outback Steakhouse potato soup recipe is most probably the best potato recipe out there.
Outback Steakhouse Potato Soup Recipe
- Rubber Spatula and Whisk
- Fork and Knife
- 4 large Potatoes
- 1 Onion (diced)
- ¾ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1 ½ cups Heavy Cream
- 48 ounces Chicken Broth
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Water
- Kosher Salt
- Celery Salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Basil
- ¼ teaspoon Sugar
- 4 slices Cooked Bacon (chopped)
- Chives (chopped, for garnish)
- 2 cups Monetary Jack Cheese and Cheddar Cheese Blend (shredded)
- Start by preheating your oven to 350℉. Take the potatoes and rinse and clean them. After that, poke them with a fork so that they get cooked all the way through.
- Apply some oil on your hands and coat the potatoes with oil. Then, season them with kosher salt.
- Place the potatoes directly on the oven rack and bake them for an hour.
- Then, take a large pot and cook the bacon slices in it. Set them aside and clean the bacon grease.
- In the same pot, melt the butter and add the onions to it. Cook the onions until they are soft.
- Then, add the flour and stir it for about 3-4 minutes while stirring with a rubber spatula.
- After that, add the chicken broth and water to the pot. Replace the spatula with a whisk and stir often. Season with salt, black pepper, dried basil, and sugar, and keep stirring the mixture every now and then.
- Gradually, add the cream to the pot as well. Stir and let it cook on low heat until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Then, cut the baked potatoes into cubes and add to the soup. Cook for a minute or two and remove the soup from heat.
- After that, pour the soup into bowls. Add the chopped bacon, cheese blend, and chives to garnish it and serve.
This was all about the Outback Steakhouse potato soup recipe. Make this hearty soup and tell me in the comments how well you liked it. See you next time. Happy Cooking!