Ordering fries at KFC is incomplete without adding pepper mayonnaise to your order. Today, I am going to share the secret recipe which KFC uses to make mayonnaise.
I have researched a lot about the recipe and tried many different versions of it. But after weeks of trying, I finally achieved a similar taste to that of KFC. The dip is very easy to make and can be used with any kind of fast food.
KFC makes pepper mayonnaise by separating yolks from pasteurized eggs and processing them with lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and red pepper in a food processor. Then, add salt, oil, and pepper and mix. Transfer it to the airtight container and your KFC pepper mayonnaise is ready.
Now, let’s see the detailed secret recipe that KFC uses to make mayonnaise. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes from KFC down below.
1. KFC Secret Sauce – KFC secret sauce is a perfect dressing for salads. This sauce is also paired with sandwiches, burgers, or KFC chicken. It has ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion juice, garlic, Tabasco sauce, chili sauce, mayonnaise, and seasoning spices. This delicious blend of flavors gives a sweet and tangy taste with a hint of spiciness from mustard and seasoning spices.
2. KFC Chicken Drumsticks – KFC chicken drumsticks has tender chicken seasoned and dredged in seasoned flour and egg mixture. This chicken is deep-fried until it’s crispy and golden brown. These juicy crispy drumsticks are served with sauce or a dip.
3. KFC Coleslaw – KFC coleslaw is a delicious mixture of shredded cabbage, onions, and carrots. This mixture is dressed with the flavors of lemon juice, vinegar, milk, mayonnaise mixture, and buttermilk. It’s a healthy side dish paired with any main course food item.
4. KFC Nashville Hot Chicken – KFC Nashville hot chicken has chicken coated with spicy flavors. This chicken is fried after being dredged into the spicy batter. It’s loaded with the flavors of dry mustard, garlic, cornstarch, chili powder, hot sauce, pickle juice, and egg. This chicken can be enjoyed with bleu cheese or ranch or any other dip of your choice.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make KFC Pepper Mayonnaise?
- Food Processor- The food processor will help you pulse the ingredients and convert everything into a delicious hot pepper mayonnaise.
- Airtight Container– Store the mayonnaise in an airtight container and let it chill.
- spoon– Use the spoon to scoop out every last bit of mayonnaise from the food processor.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make KFC Pepper Mayonnaise?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||_||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make KFC Pepper Mayonnaise?
- Eggs Yolks- Eggs yolks act as a natural emulsifier for the mayonnaise
- Red Pepper- Red pepper because it’s pepper mayonnaise. Duh!
- Garlic– Add some garlic for that earthy aroma and taste.
- Dijon Mustard and Fresh Lime Juice– Add some tang and flavor to the creamy mayonnaise with mustard and lime juice.
- Vegetable Oil– Another emulsifier, it also acts the needed fat for the mayonnaise.
- Seasoning (Coarse Salt and Ground Black Pepper)- A little seasoning so all the flavors come together.
Steps To Make KFC Pepper Mayonnaise
1. Still Processing
First, separate the yolks from eggs and put them in a food processor. The eggs should be pasteurized.
Now, add lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and red pepper to it. Pulse the ingredients together until they are smooth. Then, add the vegetable oil, salt, and pepper to the processor and mix once again.
2. Done With It
Using the spoon, scoop out all the mayonnaise from the food processor and transfer it to an airtight container. Place it in the refrigerator to chill and then serve when you want to.
How Will The KFC Pepper Mayonnaise Look And Taste Like?
The mayonnaise has a tinge of red because of the red pepper in it. It also has a slight tang because of lime juice and mustard. the garlic adds an earthy taste and aroma to it. The mayonnaise is also hot because of the pepper. This makes it the perfect dip for your chicken tenders.
KFC Pepper Mayonnaise Recipe
- Food Processor
- Airtight Container
- 2 Eggs Yolks
- 1 Red Pepper (roasted)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 4 teaspoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- First, separate the yolks from eggs and put them in a food processor.
- Now, add lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and red pepper and pulse the ingredients together until they are smooth.
- Then, add the oil, salt and pepper to the processor and mix once again.
- Transfer the mayonnaise from the food processor to an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator.
I hope you have liked this recipe. Make sure that you will serve KFC pepper mayonnaise with some snacks and do share valuable reviews with us in the comment section below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.