The KFC coleslaw is a great summer side dish for your fried chicken and other dishes. The KFC coleslaw recipe includes making the vegetable mix and the coleslaw dressing. KFC has a lot of sauces that you can have with fried chicken. But there’s something about the KFC coleslaw that makes the chicken so much better. The sweet and tangy coleslaw is fresh and creamy and an absolute hit.
You need to shred the cabbage and carrot and grate the onion. Then, mix it all together. After that, you need to make the creamy dressing. For that, you obviously mayonnaise. Then, you need some milk and buttermilk. For tang, pour in some white vinegar and lemon juice. Also, make it a bit sweet and salty with sugar and salt. Lastly, add a touch of pepper for a little spicy taste.
The KFC coleslaw recipe doesn’t need any cooking. This is another one of the “throw in the bowl and mix”. Technically, this is a “throw in two bowls and mix”. This easy-to-make side salad is great for summers. Here is the KFC coleslaw recipe. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes from KFC down below.
1. KFC Secret Sauce – KFC secret sauce is a perfect dressing for salads. This sauce is also paired with sandwiches, burgers, or KFC chicken. It has ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion juice, garlic, Tabasco sauce, chili sauce, mayonnaise, and seasoning spices. This delicious blend of flavors gives a sweet and tangy taste with a hint of spiciness from mustard and seasoning spices.
2. KFC Chicken Drumsticks – KFC chicken drumsticks has tender chicken seasoned and dredged in seasoned flour and egg mixture. This chicken is deep-fried until it’s crispy and golden brown. These juicy crispy drumsticks are served with sauce or a dip.
3. KFC Pepper Mayonnaise – KFC pepper mayonnaise is a spicy dip. This dip is infused with lemon juice, mustard, red pepper, garlic, oil, and egg. This smooth creamy dip can be enjoyed with snacks, chicken, salads, or any other side dish.
4. KFC Nashville Hot Chicken – KFC Nashville hot chicken has chicken coated with spicy flavors. This chicken is fried after being dredged into the spicy batter. It’s loaded with the flavors of dry mustard, garlic, cornstarch, chili powder, hot sauce, pickle juice, and egg. This chicken can be enjoyed with bleu cheese or ranch or any other dip of your choice.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make KFC Coleslaw?
- Large Bowls – Mix your veggies in one bowl and your spices and condiments for the dressing in another one.
- Whisk – Mix your spices and condiments with the help of a whisk.
- Knife – Use the knife for shredding. You can also use a food processor for the same.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make KFC Coleslaw?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||–||10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make KFC Coleslaw?
- Cabbage, Carrot, and Onions – These are the three vegetables you need to make your coleslaw.
- Sugar and Salt – Add a bit of sugar and salt to the mix to make it a bit sweet and salty.
- White Pepper – Add a little bit of spice with some white pepper.
- Whole Milk, Mayonnaise, and Buttermilk – Cover the vegetables in a creamy dressing made of milk, mayonnaise, and buttermilk.
- White Vinegar and Lemon Juice – Add some tang and acidity to the coleslaw with vinegar and lemon juice.
Steps To Make KFC Coleslaw
1. Mixing and Whisking
You need two separate bowls, one to mix the vegetables and one to make the creamy dressing. In a large bowl, add the shredded cabbage, carrot, and onion. Toss them so that they get mixed.
Take another bowl and add salt, sugar, white pepper, and mayonnaise to it. Then, pour milk, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice into it. Mix them until they are combined well.
2. Toss and Chill
Then, pour this dressing over the vegetables and toss them so that they get coated with it.
Let the coleslaw chill overnight. If you can’t chill it overnight, chill it for 4 hours at least. Then, take it out of the fridge and your KFC coleslaw is ready! Serve it with your favorite KFC chicken.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
What Will The KFC Coleslaw Look And Taste Like?
The KFC coleslaw is sweet, tangy, and creamy. The vegetables are fresh and the dressing adds all the flavor to it. The coleslaw tastes great with the KFC fried chicken.
KFC Coleslaw Recipe
- 8 cups Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 Carrot (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons Onions (grated)
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon White Pepper
- ¼ cup Whole Milk
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- In a large bowl, add the shredded cabbage, carrot, and onion. Toss them so that they get mixed.
- Take another bowl and add salt, sugar, white pepper, and mayonnaise to it. Then, pour milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice into it. Mix them until they are combined well.
- Then, pour this mixture over the vegetables and toss them so that they get coated with the creamy sauce.
- Let the coleslaw chill overnight and then your KFC coleslaw is ready!
This was the complete KFC coleslaw recipe. Make it yourself and tell me in the comments how well you liked it. See you next time with another great recipe. Happy eating!