From tempting cheese-pull to hot chocolate smothered in a fluffy cake, Domino’s menu has the most satisfying and delicious food items. You might know that Domino’s lava cake is the most exotic dessert of the ‘90s. It has liquid chocolate filled in a soft and fluffy cake. It’s loaded with the flavors of dark chocolate, eggs, sugar, and butter. Have you ever thought of making the famous Domino’s lava cake at home?
The secret recipe from Domino’s kitchen is out! You can easily make Domino’s lava cake at home. You can use a cooking spray to grease the baking rings instead of brushing them with butter. Sprinkle some granulated sugar on top before serving. Let the cake rest for at least 5 minutes after pulling it out from the oven. Let’s begin with the recipe for Domino’s lava cake.
You might want to know what equipment and ingredients are needed to make Domino’s lava cake. I have the lists for you below. Check these out to make sure you have everything available at hand once you start with the recipe. Follow the instructions carefully and enjoy this delicious dessert.
What Equipment Will You Need For Domino’s Lava Cake?
- Bowl – Combine all the ingredients for the batter in a large mixing bowl. You can use a small bowl to beat the eggs before whisking them with the flour.
- Spatula – Pour the batter in the baking rings using a spatula. You can use a spatula to stir the butter with the chocolate to make the melted chocolate mixture for the cake.
- Saucepan – Use a large saucepan to make melted chocolate and butter mixture for the cake.
- Baking Rings – Pour the batter into small baking rings and bake them.
- Whisk – You can use a whisk to combine the ingredients for the batter.
- Oven – To bake the cake, you need an oven.
- Parchment Paper – Line the baking rings with parchment paper to make sure the cake doesn’t stick on the edges of the baking rings.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Domino’s Lava Cake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||15 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Domino’s Lava Cake?
- Butter – Butter adds flavor and makes the batter smooth. Butter also keeps the cake moist. Add butter to the batter and brush melted butter on the baking rings before adding batter. You need one and a half stick of unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is the main ingredient for this cake. You can add one cup of chopped dark chocolate to the batter.
- Eggs – Eggs give body to this batter and add more flavors to it. Eggs keep the cake soft and aerated. Whisk three eggs with the flour to make the batter for this cake.
- Sugar – Sugar adds sweetness to this cake. Combine a cup of granulated sugar with the batter to add sweetness to this dessert. You can sprinkle some granulated sugar on top before serving this cake.
- Salt – Balance all the sweet flavors by adding about one-fourth teaspoon of salt to the batter.
- All-purpose Flour – Whisk four tablespoons of all-purpose flour with the eggs to make the batter for the cake.
Steps To Make Domino’s Lava Cake
1. Melt Butter And Chocolate
Add butter to a pan over medium heat. After the butter has melted, add dark chocolate to the pan, stirring continuously. Let the chocolate melt until shiny and then, set it aside.
2. Prep The Batter
To a large bowl, add sugar, eggs, and salt. Whisk them together for about 2 minutes and make a smooth mixture. Add melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk to combine and then gently add flour to this mixture. Keep stirring until a smooth batter is formed. Meanwhile, butter the cake rings and line them with parchment paper.
3. Bake And Serve
Pour the batter into the cake ring. Fill ¾ of the cake ring with the batter. Bake these cakes in the preheated oven (380 F) for about15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||205 IU|
How Will Domino’s Lava Cake Look and Taste?
Domino’s lava cake has a soft tender fall-apart crust. The moment you plunge the spoon in, the liquid chocolate floods out of the crust (makes it even more tempting to the eyes). It’s loaded with the flavors of dark chocolate, eggs, butter, and sugar. Impress your guests and family with this fancy dessert on special occasions.
Domino’s Lava Cake Recipe
- Parchment Paper
- 1.5 stick Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup chopped Dark Chocolate
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons All-purpose Flour
- To a pan over medium heat, add butter. Add dark chocolate to the pan after the butter has melted. Stir continuously and let the chocolate melt until shiny. Set it aside.
- Add sugar, eggs, and salt to a large bowl. Whisk them together for about 2 minutes and make a smooth mixture. Now, add melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk them to combine and then gently add flour to this mixture. Keep stirring until a smooth batter is formed. Meanwhile, butter the cake rings and line them with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the cake ring. Fill ¾ of the cake ring with the batter. Bake these cakes in the preheated oven (380 F) for about15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
That’s all about this sensational dessert! Did you enjoy it? Tell me in the comments below. Check out other incredible recipes here and try them at your home.