Everybody wants to make KFC chicken drumsticks recipe at home, but no one is actually able to find the KFC one. The secret spice recipe of KFC is actually hard to figure. Once you figure the spice blend, the rest of the recipe is actually not hard to make.
I tried to make it at home and it tasted almost like the KFC. For me, it is one of the most loved chicken items on the KFC menu, and thus it makes me want to have it anytime I want. So, this is the homemade version of KFC’s original-style chicken drumsticks with an 11 spice blend.
To make KFC original chicken drumsticks, mix all the spices. Then mix the spice blend with flour, brown sugar and salt. Dip the chicken pieces in egg then, in the flour mix, so all of it gets covered. Then, fry the chicken for about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Popeyes Fried Chicken– Everyone loves Popeyes and their Fried Chicken. What if I tell you that you can make the exact Popeyes fried chicken at your home by following the recipe I mentioned.
2. Burger King Chicken Nuggets– Chicken nuggets are one of my favorite food items served by Burger king. Pertinently, it was introduced in 1985 as a response to the shortage of chicken meat at that time. Now, they are one of the most popular items served by them.
3. Colonel Sanders Secret KFC Sauce– This is an Original and Old Kentucky Fried Chicken KFC homemade Sauce recipe. It’s a perfect Mixed Dressing Sauce and includes most of the KFC dipping sauce flavors.
4. KFC Chicken Thighs Recipe– It is one of the most in-demand recipes as it is most popular among KFC chicken lovers. It is not easy to make, but it’s worth spending 60 minutes in the kitchen for this.
KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
For KFC Spice Blend
- ½ tsp Dried Marjoram
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Ground Allspice
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Dried Sage
- ½ tsp Celery Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
For Chicken Wings
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 quarts Neutral Oil
- 1 Egg White
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- Preheat fryer to 350°F. Thoroughly join together all the spice blend ingredients.
- Add the spice mix with flour, brown sugar, and salt.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them, then put them in the flour mixture.
- See to it that the flour mixture covers the chicken nicely and completely. Repeat the process with all the chicken pieces.
- Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes, so the crust dries a bit.
- Fry the chicken drumsticks for about 20 minutes.
- Let the oil of the chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Serve hot.
This was it about the recipe! Try to make it and tell me how well you liked it. Mention your suggestions and queries in the comments below. I’ll be happy to help you. Till then, happy eating!