Everybody wants to make KFC Chicken Drumsticks Recipe at home and even I was searching KFC Chicken Drumsticks Recipe but I was not able to find a proper one so I called my cousin who once made KFC chicken Drumsticks at home when I went there and I called her to know the recipe from her.
I made it at home and I found it very tasty and delicious like the KFC. For me, it is one of the most loved on the chicken menu of Kentucky Fried Chicken, and this takes us to find your lovers a way to make it for yourself anyplace you wish to. So, this is the homemade version of KFC’s Original-Style Chicken Drumsticks with KFC 11-ingredient seasoning blend.
Today, I will share the KFC Chicken Drumstick Recipe with my lovely KFC Chicken Lovers. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Popeyes Fried Chicken– Everyone loves Popeyes and their Fried Chicken. What if I tell you that you can make the exact Popeyes fried chicken at your home by following the recipe I mentioned.
2. Burger King Chicken Nuggets– Chicken nuggets are one of my favourite food item served by Burger king. Pertinently, it was introduced in 1985 as a response to the shortage of chicken meat at that time. Now, they are one of the most popular items served by them.
3. Colonel Sanders Secret KFC Sauce– This is Original and Old Kentucky Fried Chicken KFC homemade Sauce recipe. It’s a perfect Mixed Dressing Sauce and includes most of the KFC dipping sauce flavours.
4. KFC Chicken Thighs Recipe– It is one of the most in-demand recipes as it is most popular among KFC chicken lovers. It is not easy to make but it’s worth spending 60 minutes in the kitchen for this.
KFC Chicken Drumsticks Recipe Ingredients
For Chicken Wings
|Neutral Oil (for frying)||02 quarts or 1895 ml|
|All-Purpose Flour||1 cup|
|Brown Sugar||01 tbsp|
|Kosher Salt||01 tbsp|
For KFC Spice blend
|Marjoram (Dried)||½ tsp|
|Basil (Dried)||½ tsp|
|Oregano (Dried)||½ tsp|
|Ground Allspice||½ tsp|
|Garlic Powder||½ tsp|
|Sage (Dried)||½ tsp|
|Celery Salt||½ tsp|
|Black Pepper||1 tsp|
|Chili Powder||1 tsp|
|Onion Salt||2 tsp|
How much time it will take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||40 minutes||60 minutes|
KFC Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
For Chicken Wings
- Preheat fryer to 350°F. Thoroughly join together all the spice blend ingredients.
- Add the spice moin with flour, brown sugar, and salt.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them, then put them in the flour mixture.
- See to it that the flour mixture is coated to the chicken nicely and completely. Repeat the process with all the chicken pieces.
- Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes so crust dries a bit.
- Fry Chicken Drumsticks for 20 minutes (approx).
- Let chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Serve hot.
For KFC Spice Blend
- The spice blend used in a KFC fried chicken is not completely known but we think this version is pretty closer! It uses herbs and spices that are either easily available or kept in store. If you have a fairly stocked pantry, you might only need to pick up one or two additional spices to make this. The spice blends will moin in the flour enough to come down to the normal spice needed in your normal food, a pleasantry to your taste buds.
- Adding brown sugar to the flour mixture is not like you are making a Gujarati dish or something, it is so you can balance the spices and bring it to a great savoury.
- The classic restaurant version has a thinner crust, so bread the chicken once. And egg white is just the right dipping for the flour mixture that needs something to stick to.
- After each piece of chicken is well-coated, let them rest for a few minutes so the crusts can dry out. To have a fried chicken with a great crust one has to prevent the crust from falling off in the fryer.
- Breasts and wings cook faster than legs and thighs. The white meat (breast/wings) will take 12-14 minutes (depending on thickness) and thighs and legs will take a few minutes longer. However, these are rough guidelines. Really thick breasts can take closer to 20. So the best thing to do (as always) uses a meat thermometer and make sure the chicken hits an internal temperature of 165°
Nutritional Facts about KFC Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
|Carbohydrates||8 g||11 %|