Everybody wants to make KFC chicken drumsticks recipe at home, but no one is actually able to find the KFC one. The secret spice recipe of KFC is actually hard to figure. Once you figure the spice blend, the rest of the recipe is actually not hard to make.
I tried to make it at home and it tasted almost like the KFC. For me, it is one of the most loved chicken items on the KFC menu, and thus it makes me want to have it anytime I want. So, this is the homemade version of KFC’s original-style chicken drumsticks with an 11 spice blend.
To make KFC original chicken drumsticks, mix all the spices. Then mix the spice blend with flour, brown sugar, and salt. Dip the chicken pieces in egg and then, in the flour mix, so all of it gets covered. Then, fry the chicken for about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Popeyes Fried Chicken– Everyone loves Popeyes and their Fried Chicken. What if I tell you that you can make the exact Popeyes fried chicken at your home by following the recipe I mentioned.
2. Burger King Chicken Nuggets– Chicken nuggets are one of my favorite food items served by Burger king. Pertinently, it was introduced in 1985 as a response to the shortage of chicken meat at that time. Now, they are one of the most popular items served by them.
3. Colonel Sanders Secret KFC Sauce– This is an Original and Old Kentucky Fried Chicken KFC homemade Sauce recipe. It’s a perfect Mixed Dressing Sauce and includes most of the KFC dipping sauce flavors.
4. KFC Chicken Thighs Recipe– It is one of the most in-demand recipes as it is most popular among KFC chicken lovers. It is not easy to make, but it’s worth spending 60 minutes in the kitchen for this.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks?
- Fryer- You need to deep fry drumsticks so you need a fryer to do so.
- Large Bowls– Make the spice blend and then the flour mixture in one and the egg wash in one.
- Spoon– Use the spoon for beating the eggs.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks?
- Chicken Drumsticks- Get a lot of drumsticks to make a delicious KFC style bucket with this recipe.
- Neutral Oil– Fry your drumsticks in a neutral oil so they don’t have an overpowering smell or taste.
- Egg- Beat the egg to make the egg wash for the drumsticks.
- All-Purpose Flour– Make the crusty covering for the chicken with flour.
- Brown Sugar– Add sugar for a slight sweetness.
- Kosher Salt– A little bit of salt to balance it all.
- KFC Spice Blend– The spice blend is the most crucial part of this recipe. It is a mixture of 11 herbs nd spices that make this recipe amazing.
Steps To Make KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks
1. The Secret Spice
Keep the fryer preheated to 350°F. In a bowl, mix all the spice blend ingredients. Then, add the spice mix with flour, brown sugar, and salt.
2. Dips and Fries
Dip the chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them. Then, coat them with the flour mixture. Repeat the process with all the chicken pieces. Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes, so the crust dries a bit.
Fry the chicken drumsticks for about 20 minutes until they become golden and crispy. Let the oil of the chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Serve hot.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
How Will The KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks Look And Taste Like?
The drumsticks look golden and delicious after frying. The outer crust is absolutely delicious and crunchy. The chicken is tender and juicy on the inside. The herbs and spices make the chicken extremely flavorful. Now, I get why Colonel Sanders kept the spice blend a secret.
KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- 2 Large Bowls
For KFC Spice Blend
- ½ teaspoon Dried Marjoram
- ½ teaspoon Dried Basil
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Ground Allspice
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Dried Sage
- ½ teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Onion Salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
For Chicken Drumsticks
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 quarts Neutral Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Preheat fryer to 350°F. In a bowl, mix all the spice blend ingredients.
- Add the spice mix with flour, brown sugar, and salt.
- Dip the chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them. Then, coat them with the flour mixture.
- See to it that the flour mixture covers the chicken nicely and completely. Repeat the process with all the chicken pieces.
- Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes, so the crust dries a bit.
- Fry the chicken drumsticks for about 20 minutes.
- Let the oil of the chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Serve hot.
This was it about the recipe! Try to make it and tell me how well you liked it. Mention your suggestions and queries in the comments below. I’ll be happy to help you. Till then, happy eating!