Colonel Sanders’s KFC secret sauce is amazing and versatile and can be used as a dressing sauce for salads, sandwiches, burgers. It includes a combination of all the five flavors. Did I mention that it is also super simple to make?
The Colonel Sanders KFC secret sauce is made from different sauces and dips. It’s made with spicy sauces along with ketchup, mustard sauce, vinegar, and mayonnaise. It is a combination of different flavors that make a great blended flavor. You can use this sauce as a dressing, sauce, or dip.
To make KFC secret sauce, put ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion juice, vinegar, black pepper, red pepper, tabasco sauce, mayonnaise, chili sauce, vegetable oil, and crushed garlic in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Your sauce is ready!
You can also chili garlic sauce to make this sauce. If you don’t have any chili garlic sauce at home, then try using any of its substitutes.
This is a “throw in a bowl and mix” kind of recipe. It is very easy to make and only takes 5 minutes. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes from KFC down below.
Other Sauce Recipes That You Can Try
- Orange Marmalade Recipe
- Gluten-Free Pesto Sauce Recipe
- Salsa Casera Recipe
- Salmorejo Recipe
- Chicken Liver Pate Recipe
- Truffle Sauce Recipe
- Tomato Basil Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Famous Dave’s BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Bacon Gravy Recipe
Does KFC Really Have A Secret Sauce?
Yes, KFC has an amazing secret sauce. It is a creamy and tangy sauce that is a combination of different sauces and condiments.
The amazing sauce includes mayonnaise, garlic, onion juice, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, chili sauce, mustard, black and red pepper.
This makes the KFC secret sauce an amazing sauce as well as a great dressing and a dip for the amazing KFC chicken.
Why Does KFC Secret Sauce Taste So Good?
The reason behind the KFC secret sauce tasting so good because it is a great combination of all the flavors. It has a tang because of mustard sauce and Worcestershire sauce. The latter also gives it a slight umami touch.
It also has a sharp spicy flavor as it has red and black pepper, tabasco, and chili sauce. The sauce also has warm flavors of garlic and onion. The sweet and salty flavor comes from the ketchup.
The creamy taste comes from the mayonnaise which also acts as the binder of the sauce. The combination of all these flavors make the KFC sauce taste so good.
Can You Make The Homemade KFC Secret Sauce Taste Like The Original?
It is very much possible to replicate the taste of the KFC secret sauce at home. All you need to do is follow the recipe to the last teaspoon and you’ll have a fresh bowl of KFC secret sauce. Serve it with your fried chicken or use it as a dressing.
What Are The Tips To Make KFC Secret Sauce?
- Adjust The Heat – The KFC secret sauce has a lot of hot sauces and peppers in it. But not all have the heat tolerance. So, when making the sauce, adjust the heat according to your taste.
- Use Lemon Juice – If you’re not a fan of vinegar, you can add freshly squeezed lemon juice to the sauce to give it a lemony touch.
- Check The Consistency – With so many ingredients it becomes hard to get the right consistency. Make sure the sauce is neither too thick nor too runny.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make KFC Secret Sauce?
- Mixing Bowl – Add the spices and the condiments to the mixing bowl.
- Whisk – Then, give them a good mix using a whisk.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make KFC Secret Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||–||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make KFC Secret Sauce?
- Ketchup – Ketchup adds a red color and a sweet. lt adds a tangy flavor to the KFC secret sauce.
- Mustard – Mustard adds a bittersweet spicy taste to the sauce.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Add the umami flavor to your secret sauce with some Worcestershire sauce.
- Vinegar – A small amount of vinegar adds tang and acidity to the sauce.
- Onion Juice – We all love that warm allium flavor in our food. Add that flavor to the sauce with some onion juice.
- Garlic – Crushed garlic will add warm flavors to the sauce making it tastier.
- Black Pepper – For the subtle warm spice, add black pepper
- Red Pepper – For the sharp spicy flavor, add some red pepper.
- Tabasco Sauce – Make the sauce hot and spicy with some Tabasco.
- Chili Sauce – Make the sauce rate even high on the Scoville scale with chili sauce.
- Mayonnaise – Tone down the spice with mayonnaise. It’ll also make the sauce creamy.
- Vegetable Oil – Add a little fat to the sauce with some vegetable oil.
Steps To Make KFC Secret Sauce
Step 1- Take a bowl and add a cup of mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup to it.
Step 2- Then, add the garlic to it.
Step 3- This is followed by some red pepper, black pepper, salt, mustard, vegetable oil, vinegar and onion juice.
Step 4- At the end, add some tabasco sauce to it.
Step 5- Once you have added all the ingredients in the bowl, whisk them well until they are well mixed.
Step 6- Once you have added all the ingredients in the bowl, whisk them well until they are well mixed.
How Will The KFC Secret Sauce Look And Taste Like?
The sauce has an orange tint because of the added sauces. It leans towards the creamy and spicy side. It goes great with fried and breaded chicken and even vegetables. This sauce has all the flavors. It is sweet, spicy, a little tangy, and creamy.
How To Store The KFC Secret Sauce?
If you want to save your KFC secret sauce for later, you can simply put it in an air-tight container and store it in the refrigerator. This will help your sauce to stay fresh for longer.
Colonel Sanders KFC Secret Sauce Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Onion Juice
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- ¼ tablespoon Black Pepper
- ¼ tablespoon Red Pepper
- ⅛ tablespoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ tablespoon Chili Sauce
- ¼ tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- Take a bowl and add a cup of mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup to it.
- Then, add the garlic to it.
- This is followed by some red pepper, black pepper, salt, mustard, vegetable oil, vinegar and onion juice.
- At the end, add some tabasco sauce to it.
- Once you have added all the ingredients in the bowl, whisk them well until they are well mixed.
- Your KFC secret sauce is ready!
Try to make this sauce and share your experience with me. Leave your suggestions and queries in the comments below and I’ll make sure I get back to you. Till then, happy eating!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is KFC secret sauce spicy?
As the sauce has Tabasco, chili sauce, red pepper, and black pepper, it is safe to say that the KFC secret sauce is spicy.
What can the KFC secret sauce be used for?
Th KFC secret sauce can be a great partner to fried chicken. But it can also be used as a dressing and a dip for fries, salads, burgers, and sandwiches.
Why does KFC secret sauce taste good?
The KFC secret sauce is a combination of different sauces and condiments. The combination gives it an array of flavors making it amazingly good.
Is there a KFC secret sauce?
Yes, KFC has an amazing secret sauce made with ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion juice, vinegar, black pepper, red pepper, tabasco sauce, mayonnaise, chili sauce, vegetable oil, and crushed garlic.
4 thoughts on “Spicy KFC Secret Sauce Recipe”
Where can we use this sauce?
This sauce can be used for Salads, Sandwiches, Burgers and it perfectly fits as KFC Chicken Dressing Sauce.
now i can make kfc sauce at home.
Yes, you can, if you follow all the steps. If you love KFC, then do check out the KFC Chicken Thigh recipe.