Waffle House is one of the most famous waffles serving chains in America. Their waffles are so popular that I can eat them everyday. So, today I am going to share the recipe for America’s most famous waffles.
Waffle House waffles requires flour, soda, salt, egg, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Beat the egg. Then add the sugar, butter, shortening, and buttermilk.
Cover and chill the batter overnight. Preheat the waffle iron and cook the batter for 3-4 minutes. Your waffle is ready.
This is a quick and short briefing of the detailed recipe. So, make sure you follow the complete recipe mentioned below with all the ingredients and additional information to make the perfect waffle house waffles.
But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Starbucks Grilled Cheese Sandwich – Starbucks is popular for its coffee drink. But another item that is popular on their menu is their grilled cheese sandwich that you can easily make at home.
2. IHOP French Toast – IHOP is an American restaurant famous for its breakfast food, including sandwiches and pancakes. Among their sandwiches, their French toast is the most popular sandwich loved by most people.
3. McDonald’s Hash Browns – I always wondered why to go to McDonald’s for hash brown when you can easily make them at your home at almost half the price for McDonald’s.
4. Mama’s Meatballs – Mama’s Meatball is a restaurant in the United States which is famous for its meatballs. Their meatballs are so tender, juicy, and flavorful that nobody has matched cooking the meatballs to this level.
What's In The Post
Tips For The Best Waffles
- Preheat the waffle iron well to ensure crispy waffles. Please set it to medium-high heat for the best results. I recommend preheating it before combining the wet and dry ingredients so the batter won’t have to sit out long.
- Do not over-mix the batter. Otherwise, the waffles won’t be fluffy.
- If you want berries incorporated into the waffles, scatter them over the batter once it’s on the iron.
- For extra fluffy waffles, separate the egg white from the yolk, beat it until stiff peaks form, and fold it into the batter.
- For crispier waffles, toast them post-cooking. Or, pop them in the oven and cook at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let the waffles cool on a single layer on a wire rack. Unlike pancakes, avoid stacking them on top of one another while hot, or they’ll lose their crispness.
- To store leftover waffles, ensure that they are cooled completely. Please place them in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat waffles, use the toaster. The waffles will be as crisp as the day you made them. The oven works, too – 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 10 minutes.
Why Add Buttermilk To Waffles
Buttermilk makes waffles extra light and fluffy while still being crisp on the outside. It brings out the traditional home-style waffles flavors.
For the best waffles, I recommend using homemade buttermilk. It is the liquid that remains after churning butter. Butter-churning isn’t a common, day-to-day activity, so making it before any recipe is good!
If your local grocery is out of buttermilk, don’t worry, it’s really easy to make at home. All you need is a tablespoon of vinegar (or lemon juice) and a cup of milk.
Combine the two and then let the mixture sit for 5 minutes until it starts to curdle. Voila – your very own buttermilk is ready for the waffles.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Waffle House Waffles?
- Waffle Iron – Pour a little batter in the waffle iron and watch it work the magic.
- Mixing Bowls – Prepare the batter for the waffles in separate mixing bowls.
- Mixer – Use a mixer to make a smooth waffle batter.
- Cooking Spray – Grease the waffle iron with a cooking spray.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Waffle House Waffles?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||5 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Waffle House Waffles?
- All-Purpose Flour – This is the basic requirement for the waffle batter.
- Egg – The egg acts a binding agent and also makes the waffle soft.
- Buttermilk – Half cup of buttermilk will enhance the flavors. Moreover, it adds to the moisture and fluff that plays a huge part in the flavor of the waffles.
- Milk – For extra creaminess add half a cup of milk to the batter.
- Shortening – Shortening is a sort of fat used to prepare crumbly pastries and waffles. It makes the waffle rich in taste and keep it moist.
- Half And Half – A cup of half and half will bring out perfect consistency to the waffles.
- Softened Butter – Adding butter to the waffle mix will result in smooth and soft texture.
- Vanilla Extract – That sweet smell comes from the vanilla extract in the batter.
- Baking Soda – Add a pinch of baking soda so that the waffle is fluffy.
- Granulated Sugar – Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet and make the waffles sweet too.
- Salt – Add a bit of salt to balance the sweetness.
Steps To Make Waffle House Waffles
1. Make The Batter
Take a medium bowl and combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Then, lightly beat the egg in another medium bowl.
Once done, add the sugar, butter, and shortening to it. Mix it well with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour half and half, milk, buttermilk, and vanilla, and mix it well.
Combine both the mixtures while beating it and mix it to form a delicious batter. Cover and chill overnight (You can use batter right away if you like, but it is good to chill it for about 12-hours).
3. Iron The Waffles
To make the waffles, rub a light coating of a non-stick cooking spray. Preheat the waffle iron.
Take the batter out from the refrigerator to warm up a bit as your waffle iron is preheating. Then, spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup batter in an iron waffle and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until brown.
Serve waffle house waffles with your favorite topping, be it fruits, fried chicken, or great caramel syrup. It goes just perfectly with all of it. Enjoy!
How Will Waffle House Waffles Look And Taste Like?
The waffles are golden like Rapunzel’s hair. They smell like vanilla and are sweet in taste. The chewy waffles are a bit crispy from the outside but soft and moist when you take a bite.
The sweet taste is not overpowering so you can serve them with savory toppings as well. These waffles are a great breakfast option if you ask me.
Waffle House Waffles Recipe
- Waffle Iron
- Mixing Bowls
- Cooking Spray
- 1 ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Softened Butter
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Shortening
- ½ cup Half and Half
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Lightly beat the egg in another medium bowl.
- Add the sugar, butter, and shortening and mix well with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the half and half milk, buttermilk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture while beating. Mix only briefly. It's okay if there are small lumps in the batter since over-beating could produce too tough waffles.
- Cover and chill overnight (You can use batter right away if you like, but a good 12-hour chill makes a better batter).
- Rub a light coating of vegetable oil on your waffle iron or use a non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat the waffle iron. Leave the batter out of the refrigerator to warm up a bit as your waffle iron is preheating.
- Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup batter in iron. Cook 3-4 minutes or until brown
- Serve it with your favourite topping, be it a Fruit Mix, a Spicy Veggie, or a Great Caramel Syrup. It goes just perfectly with all of it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are Waffle House waffles Belgian?
Waffle House says it doesn’t sell serve Belgian waffles –only American-style waffles. Belgian waffles are bigger with a lighter batter.
What waffle maker makes Waffle House waffles?
Waffle House uses the Wells WB-1E commercial waffle maker. You can find this waffle maker at retailers like eBay, Wells, and other online sites.
Does Waffle House have a secret menu?
Waffle House has four secret menus for diners to choose from.
What are the squares in waffles for?
The two hot iron pieces squeeze that waffle to cook it. The square bumps give the waffle little square holes, perfect for holding syrup and melted butter.
Stay tuned for more such ideas on your food and don’t forget to mention your experience with waffle house waffles in the comment section below. Till then, happy eating!