Waffle House is one of the most famous waffles serving chains in America and their waffles are so popular that I can eat them every morning. That is why I am going to share how I make America’s most famous waffles at my home.
If you are a waffle lover, then you must have also tried waffles of Waffle house. But did you know you could make those waffles at home easily and exactly as they make in Waffle House? I tried to make these waffles many times at my home and finally got the perfect recipe for these waffles.
Waffle House Waffles recipe requires flour, soda, salt, egg, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Beat the egg. Then add the sugar, butter, shortening, and buttermilk. Cover and chill the batter overnight. Preheat the waffle iron and cook the batter for 3-4 minutes. Your waffle is ready.
This is a quick and short briefing of the detailed recipe. So, make sure you follow the complete recipe mentioned below with all the ingredients and additional information to make the perfect waffle. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Starbucks Grilled Cheese Sandwich – Starbucks is popular for its coffee drink. But another item that is popular on their menu is their grilled cheese sandwich that you can easily make at home.
2. IHOP French Toast – IHOP is an American restaurant famous for its breakfast food, including sandwiches and pancakes. Among their sandwiches, their French toast is the most popular sandwich loved by most people.
3. McDonald’s Hash Browns – I always wondered why to go to McDonald’s for hash brown when you can easily make them at your home at almost half the price for McDonald’s.
4. Mama’s Meatballs – Mama’s Meatball is a restaurant in the United States which is famous for its meatballs. Their meatballs are so tender, juicy, and flavorful that nobody has matched cooking the meatballs to this level.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Waffle House Waffles?
- Medium Bowl – Put all you ingredients in the bowl.
- Mixer – Use a mixer to make a smooth waffle batter.
- Cooking Spray – Grease the waffle iron with a cooking spray.
- Waffle Iron – Pour a little batter in the waffle iron and watch it work the magic.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Waffle House Waffles?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||5 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Waffle House Waffles At Home?
- All-Purpose Flour – This is the basic requirement for the waffle batter.
- Salt – Add a bit of salt to balance the sweetness.
- Baking Soda – Add a pinch of baking soda so that the waffle is fluffy.
- Egg – The egg acts a binding agent and also makes the waffle soft.
- Granulated Sugar – Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet and make the waffles sweet too.
- Softened Butter – Adding butter to the waffle mix will result in smooth and soft texture.
- Shortening – Shortening is a sort of fat used to prepare crumbly pastries and waffles. It makes the waffle rich in taste and keep it moist.
- Half And Half – A cup of half and half will bring out perfect consistency to the waffles.
- Milk – For extra creaminess add half a cup of milk to the batter.
- Buttermilk – Half cup of buttermilk will enhance the flavors. Moreover, it adds to the moisture and fluff that plays a huge part in the flavor of the waffles.
- Vanilla Extract – That sweet smell comes from the vanilla extract in the batter.
Steps To Make Waffle House Waffles
1. Make The Batter
Take a medium bowl and combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Then, lightly beat the egg in another medium bowl. After that, add the sugar, butter, and shortening and mix well with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the half and half milk, buttermilk, and vanilla, and mix well.
Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture while beating and mix to form a delicious batter. Cover and chill overnight (You can use batter right away if you like, but a good 12-hour chill makes a better batter).
3. Iron The Waffles
To make the waffles, rub a light coating of vegetable oil on your waffle iron or use a non-stick cooking spray. Preheat the waffle iron. Leave the batter out of the refrigerator to warm up a bit as your waffle iron is preheating. Then, spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup batter in iron and cook for 3-4 minutes or until brown.
Serve it with your favorite topping, be it fruits, fried chicken, or great caramel syrup. It goes just perfectly with all of it. Enjoy!
How Will The Waffle House Waffles Look And Taste Like?
The waffles are golden like Rapunzel’s hair. They smell like vanilla and are sweet in taste. The chewy waffles are a bit crispy from the outside but soft and moist when you take a bite. The sweet taste is not overpowering so you can serve them with savory toppings as well. These waffles are a great breakfast option if you ask me.
Waffle House Waffles Recipe
- 1 ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Softened Butter
- 2 teaspoon Shortening
- ½ cup Half and Half
- ½ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Lightly beat the egg in another medium bowl.
- Add the sugar, butter, and shortening and mix well with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the half and half milk, buttermilk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture while beating. Mix only briefly. It's okay if there are small lumps in the batter since over-beating could produce too tough waffles.
- Cover and chill overnight (You can use batter right away if you like, but a good 12-hour chill makes a better batter).
- Rub a light coating of vegetable oil on your waffle iron or use a non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat the waffle iron. Leave the batter out of the refrigerator to warm up a bit as your waffle iron is preheating.
- Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup batter in iron. Cook 3-4 minutes or until brown
- Serve it with your favourite topping, be it a Fruit Mix, a Spicy Veggie, or a Great Caramel Syrup. It goes just perfectly with all of it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are Waffle House waffles Belgian?
Waffle House says it doesn’t sell serve Belgian waffles –only American-style waffles. Belgian waffles are bigger with a lighter batter.
What waffle maker makes Waffle House waffles?
Waffle House uses the Wells WB-1E commercial waffle maker. You can find this waffle maker at retailers like eBay, Wells, and other online sites.
Does Waffle House have a secret menu?
Waffle House has four secret menus for diners to choose from.
What are the squares in waffles for?
The two hot iron pieces squeeze that waffle to cook it. The square bumps give the waffle little square holes, perfect for holding syrup and melted butter.
Stay tuned for more such ideas on your food and don’t forget to mention your experience with the Waffles in the comment section below. Till then, happy eating!