Waffle House is one of the most famous waffles serving chains in America and their waffles are so popular that I can eat them every morning. That is why I m going to share how I make America’s most famous waffles at my home.
If you are a waffle lover, then you must have also tried waffles of Waffle house. But did you know you could make those waffles at home easily exactly as they make in Waffle House? I tried to make these waffles much time at my home and finally got the perfect recipe for these waffles.
Waffle House Waffles recipe requires flour, soda, salt, egg, sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Beat the egg. Then add the sugar, butter, shortening and buttermilk. Cover and chill the batter overnight. Preheat the waffle iron and cook the batter for 3-4 minutes. Your waffle is ready.
This was quick and short. So make sure you follow the complete recipe below with all the ingredients and the timings to make the perfect waffle. Now let’s see the ingredients required for waffle house waffles.
Ingredients for Waffle House Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
You will get all the ingredients for the Waffle House Waffles recipe from any supermarket near you.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Waffle House Waffles?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||5 minutes||20 minutes|
Making these waffles won’t take much of your time. Now let’s see the steps to make these waffles.
Steps to Make Waffle House Waffles
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Lightly beat the egg in another medium bowl.
- Add the sugar, butter, and shortening and mix well with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the half and half, milk, buttermilk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture while beating. Mix only briefly. It’s okay if there are small lumps in the batter since over beating could produce too tough waffles.
- Cover and chill overnight (You can use batter right away if you like but a good 12-hour chill makes a better batter).
- Rub a light coating of vegetable oil on your waffle iron or use a non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat the waffle iron. Leave the batter out of the refrigerator to warm up a bit as your waffle iron is preheating.
- Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup batter in iron. Cook 3-4 minutes or until brown
- Serve it through with your favorite topping, be it a Salad, a Fruit Mix, a Spicy Veggie or a Great Caramel Syrup. It goes just perfectly with all of it.
You have to follow all the steps mentioned above if you want to make your waffles exactly like Waffle House.
Nutritional Breakdown of Waffle House Waffles
In the amount of 1 serving of waffle, we have
|Total fat||12.4 g|
|Saturated fat||6.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||4.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||45 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.8 g|
How to Make Waffle House Waffles at Home | Video
Still have any doubts about the recipe? Don’t worry, watch this video to make sure you make the perfect Waffle house waffles.
Stay tuned for more such ideas on your food and don’t forget to mention your experience with the Waffles in the comment section below.