Waffle House is one of the most famous waffles serving chains in America and their waffles are so popular that I can eat them every morning. That is why I am going to share how I make America’s most famous waffles at my home.
If you are a waffle lover, then you must have also tried waffles of Waffle house. But did you know you could make those waffles at home easily and exactly as they make in Waffle House? I tried to make these waffles much time at my home and finally got the perfect recipe for these waffles.
Waffle House Waffles recipe requires flour, soda, salt, egg, sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Beat the egg. Then add the sugar, butter, shortening and buttermilk. Cover and chill the batter overnight. Preheat the waffle iron and cook the batter for 3-4 minutes. Your waffle is ready.
This is a quick and short briefing of the detailed recipe. So, make sure you follow the complete recipe mentioned below with all the ingredients and additional information to make the perfect waffle. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Starbucks Grilled Cheese Sandwich– Starbucks is popular for their coffee drink. But another item that is popular on their menu is their grilled cheese sandwich that you can easily make at home.
2. IHOP French Toast– IHOP is an American restaurant famous for its breakfast food, including sandwiches and pancakes. Among their sandwiches, their french toast is the most popular sandwich loved by most people.
3. McDonald’s Hash Browns– I always wondered why to go to McDonald’s for hash brown when you can easily make them at your home at almost half the price for McDonald’s.
4. Mama’s Meatballs– Mama’s Meatball is a restaurant in the United States which is famous for its meatballs. Their meatballs are so tender, juicy and flavorful that nobody has matched cooking the meatballs to this level.
Waffle House Waffles Recipe
- Medium Bowl
- Cooking Spray
- Waffle Iron
- 1 ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp Softened Butter
- 2 tbsp Shortening
- ½ cup Half and Half
- ½ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Lightly beat the egg in another medium bowl.
- Add the sugar, butter, and shortening and mix well with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the half and half milk, buttermilk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture while beating. Mix only briefly. It's okay if there are small lumps in the batter since over-beating could produce too tough waffles.
- Cover and chill overnight (You can use batter right away if you like, but a good 12-hour chill makes a better batter).
- Rub a light coating of vegetable oil on your waffle iron or use a non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat the waffle iron. Leave the batter out of the refrigerator to warm up a bit as your waffle iron is preheating.
- Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup batter in iron. Cook 3-4 minutes or until brown
- Serve it with your favourite topping, be it a Fruit Mix, a Spicy Veggie, or a Great Caramel Syrup. It goes just perfectly with all of it.
Stay tuned for more such ideas on your food and don’t forget to mention your experience with the Waffles in the comment section below. Till then, happy eating!