French toast is an amazing breakfast. While, IHOP French toast is an extremely delicious and a great way to start your day. The IHOP French toast is actually easy to make. They have simple ingredients and don’t take much time.
When I went to IHOP Restaurant, I saw dishes like the garden omelets and egg benedicts on the menu card, but I found a dish quite different for me. It was IHOP French toast. It’s name looks attractive to me, so I ordered that dish.
To make IHOP French toast, mix eggs, milk, flour, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Melt butter in a pan and dip the French bread in the prepared batter.
Put it back on the pan and cook each side for 2 minutes. Serve with walnuts and maple syrup.
To spice up your French toast, you can add some fruits to the mix. This can be done by adding some diced fresh fruit to the batter before you dip your bread in it.
You can also top your finished French toast with a sliced banana, strawberries, or blueberries. If you want to get really creative, you can even make a fruity sauce to top your toast with.
Try using different types of bread such as whole wheat bread, challah bread, or even croissants which will give your French toast a different flavor and texture.
This was just a brief overview of the recipe. Come let’s see the steps of the IHOP French toast recipe. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Starbucks Grilled Cheese Sandwich– Starbucks is popular for their coffee drink. But another item that is popular on their menu is their grilled cheese sandwich that you can easily make at home.
2. Waffle House Authentic Waffles– Eating waffles for your breakfast is a very great choice and one of the best places that serve waffles is Waffle House. They serve the finest waffles in America.
3. McDonald’s Hash Browns– I always wondered why to go to McDonald’s for hash brown when you can easily make them at your home at almost half the price for McDonald’s.
4. Mama’s Meatballs– Mama’s Meatball is a restaurant in the United States which is famous for its meatballs. Their meatballs are so tender, juicy and flavorful that nobody has matched cooking the meatballs to this level.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make IHOP French Toast?
- Frying Pan – Cook the dipped bread in a frying pan for 2 minutes until crispy and brown.
- Mixing Bowl – Prepare the batter in a mixing bowl containing eggs, flour, milk, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Spatula – Mix the ingredients using a spatula until the batter is smooth.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make IHOP French Toast?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||5 Minutes||10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make IHOP French Toast?
- Milk – French toast needs milk to soften the bread and bind the ingredients.
- Eggs – I have used eggs in French toast recipe to add richness to the batter, firming the liquid in the bread.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla extract will add the subtle and delicious flavor of vanilla to the toast.
- Maple Syrup – Spread maple syrup over the bread to add a kick of complex maple flavor with hints of caramel, vanilla, and prune.
- French Bread – I have used French bread which is enriched with unsalted butter and eggs which will bring out the sweetness to overall recipe.
- Flour – The flour helps to prepare the batter for dipping the bread, which yields extra fluffy and delicious French toast.
- Walnut – Sprinkle chopped walnut over the bread before serving, for a slightly bitter flavor with a mild, earthy, and a little tangy taste.
- Salt – Add salt to the batter to balance the sweetness and enhance the flavors.
Steps To Make IHOP French Toast
1. The Beginning
In a mixing bowl, add eggs, flour, and salt. Pour in milk and vanilla extract. Mix everything until the batter is smooth.
Take a frying pan and add butter to the pan. Heat it for 2 minutes until the butter melts.
2. Dip The Toast
Now take two slices of French bread and dip it into the egg mixture until the slice is well coated.
Now, remove the bread from the mixing bowl and place it in a frying pan. Toast it for 2 minutes until crispy and brown.
Serve French bread with chopped walnuts and maple syrup for extra taste.
How Will IHOP French Toast Look And Taste Like?
The classic IHOP French Toast has a subtle sweetness and flavor that is simply irresistible. The addition of vanilla extract has given French toast a warm and comforting flavor. While the maple syrup has added a more exotic flavor.
The batter made from eggs, milk, and flour has made the bread puff up slightly, and when it cooked, it gives the creamy interior with a delicious browned crust on the outside.
Crackling around the edges and crisp on the outsides, these thin slices of French toast taste like bread pudding, and feel especially like dessert if you smother them with maple syrup.
No matter how you make your French toast, the most important thing is that you enjoy it!
IHOP French Toast Copycat Recipe
- Frying Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 slices French Bread
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Walnut
- 2 tablespoon Salt
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, flour, and salt. Pour in milk and vanilla extract. Mix everything until the batter is smooth.
- Then, add butter to the frying pan and heat it for 2 minutes until the butter melts.
- Dip the French bread into the egg mixture until the whole slice is covered.
- Now, remove the French bread from the mixing bowl and place it on a frying pan.
- Toast the bread for 2 minutes until crispy and brown.
- Serve with walnuts and maple syrup for extra taste.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is IHOP French toast?
IHOP French toast is a type of breakfast dish that is made with bread that is soaked in eggs and milk, then fried.
What are some common toppings for IHOP French toast?
Some common toppings for IHOP French toast include syrup, powdered sugar, fresh fruit, and whipped cream.
Why is my French toast so dry?
Under-soaking will only end with dry and undesirable French toast. You want the bread to absorb that beautiful mixture, so make sure each side is thoroughly coated. Especially if you’re using a sturdy bread.
How do I make my toast more crispy?
The easiest option is to put the oven on low, and place your toast inside. Put it on a rack so that the air can circulate all around it, letting it ‘breathe’. This will prevent any moisture from forming underneath it, which will make it go soggy.
IHOP French toast is a delicious breakfast dish that is perfect for any occasion. It is easy to make and can be customized to your liking with a variety of toppings. Give it a try the next time you’re looking for something special for breakfast!
Don’t forget to tell me how well you liked it. Also, if you have nay suggestions or questions, mention them in the comments. I’ll be glad to help you. Till then, happy eating!