Do you wish to add some extra spice to your bland meals? Then, today this article will help you to make a famous and easy seasoning called salt and vinegar seasoning. It is an ideal seasoning for popcorn, chips, chicken wings, french fries, and other snacks. To add taste and zest to your meals use salt and vinegar seasoning prepared at home.
For making salt and vinegar seasoning you will need salt, white vinegar, and baking powder. The seasoning can be prepared in just 15 minutes by following the easy steps. First, add a tablespoon of vinegar to the baking powder in a saucepan. Let it froth and boil. When you see the excess foam settling down and the water reduced, that is when you have to pour the liquid into a baking tray. Bake it for 10 minutes.
The process doesn’t end here, the last step implies the grinding of the powder. Add a teaspoon of sea salt to the powdered mixture. Mix it well and you will be ready to sprinkle it as a seasoning on your chips, french fries, or anything else. What makes delicious food different from the ordinary one? The herbs and spices added to it make it delicious and flavorful.
Let’s check out the complete steps, equipment, and ingredients for the salt and vinegar seasoning. This seasoning added to your meals will enhance the subtle and satisfying flavors. This recipe is very simple and anyone, even your 15-year-old kid can make it at home without any confusion. Let’s start making this sweet recipe without any delay. Before you step forward do check out the links for amazing other recipes.
1. Pickled Sausage– The most wonderful thing about these pickled sausages is their sweet, salty, spicy, and vinegary flavors. When you eat it, there is a burst of flavors in your mouth.
2. Worm Salt– Mezcal tequila usually comes with a worm in the bottle… pretty gross but still cool. Some even say it brings good fortune to the lucky person who finds it in his/her glass.
3. Za’atar– One of the world’s most unique and best seasonings, Za’atar is primarily associated with the Middle East as well as Mediterranean cooking.
4. Berbere Spice– As we all know Spices play an important role in the flavoring and essence of a dish. The best part about the Berbere Spice recipe is that you can make it easily at home without any effort.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Salt And Vinegar Seasoning?
- Saucepan – Use a saucepan to stew the baking powder with vinegar.
- Oven – The liquid mixture will be converted into powder once you bake it. Use the oven to bake the liquid mixture for 10 minutes.
- Mortar & Pestle – The baked baking powder will need a grind. Crush the mixture to break the lumps by using mortar & pestle.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Salt And Vinegar Seasoning?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Salt And Vinegar Seasoning?
- Baking Powder – Adding baking powder with vinegar will let it activate first with the liquid and then while heating in the oven.
- Vinegar – Adding vinegar to the baking powder will produce a chemical reaction that makes baked goods light and airy.
- Salt – I will suggest not adding more than a pinch as the baking powder also has a sodium quantity.
Steps To Make Salt And Vinegar Seasoning
1. Acid-Base Reaction
Take a saucepan, add a tablespoon of baking powder. Pour a cup of vinegar. The moment you add vinegar you will see the bubbles coming up. Keep stirring while frothing is taking place. When the water is reduced and frothing is stopped. Pour all the liquid into the baking tray. Bake the liquid until it is converted into powdered form.
Transfer the powdered mixture to mortar and pestle. Grind it nicely to get a lump-free mixture. Once you crush it properly you will smooth white and clear salt and vinegar seasoning ready. Sprinkle it on your meals.
How Will Salt And Vinegar Seasoning Look And Taste Like?
The salt and vinegar seasoning looks like a refined clear white powder. It adds a spicy and tart flavor to your meals. You can store the seasoning for days or weeks and sprinkle it on all your meals. Enjoy your happy seasoning.
Salt and Vinegar Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup White Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Take a saucepan add 2 tablespoon of baking powder. Let it roast for 2 minutes.
- Pour a cup of white vinegar.
- You will see the bubbles and foam but that’s fine. It will settle down.
- Once you see the frothing is stopped and water is reduced, put it in the baking tray.
- Bake the liquid for 10 minutes.
- You will see the powdered seasoning after baking.
- Let it rest, and crush it evenly to avoid lumps.
I hope you will like this recipe and definitely make it at your home. Please tell us your views and thoughts about this recipe. Till then stay tuned and happy cooking.