Popeyes Cajun rice is a versatile and hearty dish. This recipe of Cajun rice is a novelty that has a drop-ship of rich flavors. Trying Popeyes Cajun rice at home is sure to jazz up any recipe book. Add this recipe to your list and recreate the southern comfort food at home right away!
Cajun-style rice is prepared with ground beef and umami spices. It incorporates chicken gizzard, beef, celery, onions, and bell peppers along with the Cajun spices. The real recipe at Popeyes also includes the chicken gizzard for making Cajun rice. However, the secret to the delectable taste is not found in the gizzard.
It is in the flavors bestowed by the holy trinity of onions, green pepper, and celery. Preparing this recipe in your kitchen is quite easy. Moreover, you can have this copycat dish at a moment’s notice, any time. For making well-spiced Popeyes Cajun rice scroll down! Don’t have andouille sausage? Here are some andouille sausage substitutes for you.
The list of required equipment, ingredients, steps to make, and nutritional facts are mentioned below. You will also find a similar video for reference. Refer to the article and prepare a restaurant like Cajun rice for your family and loved ones. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Popeyes Buttermilk Biscuits – Popeyes buttermilk biscuits are easy-to-make fluffy biscuits. These biscuits are a smooth combination of buttermilk, milk, and all-purpose flour. These biscuits can be enjoyed as a side dish with any main course dish.
2. Popeyes Red Beans And Rice – Popeyes red beans and rice have red beans cooked to perfection with smoked ham. It’s spiced up by adding onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and lard. This dish is paired with steamed rice and can be enjoyed as a main course dish.
3. Popeyes Fried Chicken – Popeyes fried chicken has crispy delicious chicken served with a condiment. This chicken is marinated in a buttermilk mixture and then breaded with the flour mixture using the egg mixture. This chicken is deep-fried until it has a crispy golden finish. These chicken bites can be enjoyed as a side dish with any main course dish.
4. Popeyes Chicken Sandwich – Popeyes chicken sandwich is a soft and fluffy sandwich. It’s a delicious combination of chicken patty, mayonnaise, pickles, and spices. You can choose to add lettuce, tomatoes, and onions to this sandwich. This sandwich has fried chicken patty flavored with onion powder, garlic powder, and hot sauce.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Popeyes Cajun Rice?
- Skillet – Use a skillet for cooking the beef and sauteing the veggies.
- Rice Cooker – Pre-cook the rice in a rice cooker.
- Ladle – Stir the veggies and the mixture with a ladle.
- Blender – Pulse the chicken gizzard in a blender or food processor.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Popeyes Cajun Rice?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Popeyes Cajun Rice?
- Ground Beef – Take half a pound of ground beef for making the Cajun rice.
- Rice – Use large grain rice for making Popeyes Cajun rice.
- Gizzard Chicken – The stomach meat is considered the gizzard chicken. It is chewy, tender, and flavorful.
- Green Onions – For sharp, fresh, and grassy, flavors add half a cup of chopped green onions.
- Bell Peppers – Bell peppers go well with ground beef. Moreover, they are less sweet in comparison with the red bell peppers.
- Olive Oil – Saute everything by using olive oil.
- Celery Flakes – Season your soups, stews, or sausages with dried celery flakes. It is one holy trinity among the other elements. The seasoning will add authentic flavors.
- Creole Seasoning – The creole seasoning is spicy and savory seasoning added to the Cajun rice. It includes a blend of a lot of other spices.
- Garlic Powder – Add a teaspoon of garlic powder for aromatic piquancy.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Spice up the Cajun rice with a teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Salt – Put salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – A pinch of black pepper for the tangy and peppery smack.
Steps To Make Popeyes Cajun Rice
Take a skillet, add ground beef and Andouille sausage, saute for 5 minutes. Then, add diced green bell peppers and onions. Saute them together until you see the color changing. Moving forward, begin to add the spices. A teaspoon of garlic powder, celery flakes, red pepper flakes, creole seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Add half a cup of chicken broth or water. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Putting Together
Add half a cup of water. Add half-cooked rice and let it cook for 5 minutes. Once you see the liquid has been soaked up, garnish the Cajun rice with diced onions and serve hot!
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
How Will Popeyes Cajun Rice Look And Taste Like?
Cajun rice is an innovation that delivers delectable flavors. Popeyes uses ground beef and chicken gizzard for making Cajun rice. The inclusion of the holy trinity unwraps the delicious flavors to the Popeyes Cajun rice.
Popeyes Cajun Rice Recipe
- Rice Cooker
- 200 g Ground Beef
- ½ cup Rice
- ½ cup Gizzard Chicken
- ½ cup Green Onions (Chopped)
- ½ cup Bell Peppers (Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Celery Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- First, half cook the long grain rice.
- Secondly, finely chop or pulse chicken gizzards in a blender.
- Take a skillet, add oil, saute the ground beef and ground chicken gizzards. Saute for 5 minutes.
- After that add bell pepper, green onion, and celery flakes. Cook, stirring frequently until the beef turns golden brown and the bell pepper is soft.
- Moving forward, add the spices garlic powder, celery flakes, red pepper flakes, creole seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Mix it well.
- Then add half a cup of water and half-cooked rice. Cover it with a lid and cook for about 15 minutes until the liquid is soaked up.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Popeyes Cajun rice made of?
Popeyes Cajun rice is prepared by using long-grain rice (brown or white), ground beef, chicken gizzards, green bell pepper, green onions, along with spices.
2. Is Cajun rice the same as dirty rice?
Popeyes Cajun rice is also traditionally known as dirty rice. In most the parts of the southeast, people refer to Cajun rice as dirty rice.
3. Does Popeyes still sell dirty rice?
No, Popeyes has stopped selling the dirty or Cajun rice. The Cajun rice is no more available on their permanent menu. However, you can easily prepare it in your kitchen.
4. What Cajun seasoning is made of?
The creole seasoning is referred to as Cajun seasoning. It is a blend of many spices, like smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper, garlic powder, thyme, black pepper, and oregano.
Gather your staples and get ready to make copycat Popeyes Cajun rice. Follow the above recipe for the details. Let us know how it goes in the comment section below.