Everyone loves Popeyes Fried Chicken, so I decided to share this awesome recipe with you guys. In this post, I am going to share how I make this crispy fried chicken at my home.
I prefer making fried chicken at home as I can make it more crispy than they serve in stores. I have been making fried chicken for the last 4 years and got perfect making it again and again. Believe me, once you try this recipe it will be better than the fried chicken that you eat at Popeyes or any other outlet.
Popeye makes their fried chicken by marinating the chicken mixture of buttermilk and hot sauce overnight. Then dip the chicken in the beaten eggs and dredge them in a flour mixture (flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic powder). At last fry those pieces in oil. Popeyes Fried Chicken is ready!
Make sure you follow the complete recipe below which tells cooking steps in details on how you can make a perfect crispy fried chicken. Now let’s see the ingredients required for making the fried chicken.
Ingredients for Popeyes Fried Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken (cut into 8 pieces)
- 3 cups whole buttermilk
- 3 tbsp hot sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ½ tbsp Kosher Salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- Peanut oil
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Popeyes Fried Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Mariande Time||Total Time|
|35 mins||35 mins||8 hrs||9 hrs 10 mins|
Marinating it will take much of your time. Cooking it won’t take much of your time. Below are the detailed steps on how you can make the fried chicken.
Steps To Make Popeyes Fried Chicken
- Take a large bowl. Stir buttermilk and 2 tbsp of hot sauce (Tabasco) in the bowl.
- Marinate chicken in buttermilk mixture. Cover and refrigerate it overnight.
- Now take a medium bowl and whisk together eggs, water and 1 tbsp hot sauce.
- Take another large bowl and stir together flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- To fry the chicken, take a large Dutch oven and pour oil to a depth of 2 1/2 inches.
- Heat the oil to 325°F and remove the chicken from buttermilk.
- Dip those chicken pieces in the egg mixture and then dredge in flour mixture.
- Shake off the excess flour and repeat the above step once again ( dipping chicken in flour and dredging in flour mixture).
- Fry 4 pieces at a time for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Soak excess oil on paper towels.
Your crispy fried chicken is ready to serve. Enjoy it with Creamy Coleslaw or Parmesan Potato Wedges.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Popeyes Fried Chicken
Let’s how many nutrients does this recipe provide to your body.
How to Make Popeyes Fried Chicken at Home | Video
If you have any doubt regarding the recipe, then this video will help you clear those doubts. So make sure you watch this video if you are having any doubts.
Don’t forget to make this crispy fried chicken at your home and leave your reviews in the comment section below.