Everyone loves Popeye’s and their fried chicken. What if I tell you that you can make the exact Popeye’s fried chicken at your home. In this post, I am going to show you how you can do it.
I prefer making fried chicken at home as I can make it more crispy than they serve in stores. I have been making fried chicken for the last 4 years and got the recipe perfect, making it again and again. Believe me; once you try this recipe, it will be better than the fried chicken that you eat at Popeye’s or any other outlet.
Popeye’s make their fried chicken by marinating the chicken mixture of buttermilk and hot sauce overnight. Then, dip the chicken in the beaten eggs and dredge them in a flour mixture (flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic powder). At last, fry those pieces in oil. Popeye’s fried chicken is ready!
Make sure you follow the complete recipe below, which tells cooking steps in detail on making a perfectly crispy fried chicken. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Burger King Chicken Nuggets– Chicken nuggets are one of my favorite food items served by Burger king. Pertinently, it was introduced in 1985 as a response to the shortage of chicken meat at that time. Now, they are one of the most popular items served by them.
2. KFC Chicken Thighs Recipe– It is one of the most in-demand recipes as it is most popular among KFC chicken lovers. It is not easy to make, but it’s worth spending 60 minutes in the kitchen for this.
3. KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks– Everybody wants to make KFC Chicken Drumsticks Recipe at home. It is one of the most loved on the chicken menu of Kentucky Fried Chicken, and this takes us to find your lovers a way to make it for yourself anyplace you wish to.
4. Colonel Sanders Secret KFC Sauce– This is an Original and Old Kentucky Fried Chicken KFC homemade Sauce recipe. It’s a perfect Mixed Dressing Sauce and includes most of the KFC dipping sauce flavors.
Popeyes Fried Chicken Recipe
- Large Bowl
- Medium Bowl
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 3 cups Whole Buttermilk
- 3 tbsp Hot Sauce
- ⅓ cup Water
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 ½ tbsp Kosher Salt
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Peanut Oil
- Take a large bowl. Stir buttermilk and 2 tablespoons of hot sauce (Tabasco) in the bowl.
- Marinate chicken in buttermilk mixture. Cover and refrigerate it overnight.
- Now, take a medium bowl and whisk together eggs, water and 1 tablespoon hot sauce.
- Take another large bowl and stir together flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- To fry the chicken, take a large Dutch oven and pour oil to a depth of 2 1/2 inches.
- Heat the oil to 325°F and remove the chicken from buttermilk.
- Dip those chicken pieces in the egg mixture and then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Shake off the excess flour and repeat the above step 7 once again (dipping chicken in flour and dredging in flour mixture).
- Fry 4 pieces at a time for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Soak excess oil on paper towels.
Don’t forget to make this crispy fried chicken at your home and leave your experience, suggestions and queries in the comment section below. I’ll be happy to hear from you. Till then, happy eating!