Preparing Popeyes chicken sandwiches at home is a cakewalk. It is the ultimate, crispy, juicy, and flavorful chicken sandwich. It is filled with crispy chicken filet, pickles smothered, and spicy mayonnaise. Popeyes chicken sandwich went viral when it was first introduced. Follow the article to know the complete recipe.
Popeyes chicken sandwich can be prepared with just a few jaw-dropping techniques. Marinade the chicken and give it a nice and flavorful coating. Club the chicken sandwich with healthy brioche buns. You can find them in any nearby supermarkets. In just 30 minutes, the exact Popeyes chicken sandwich will be ready on your table.
The flavorful breading and crispy bite will leave you stunned. With some handful recipes, you will end up being a fan of Popeyes chicken sandwich in your kitchen. For making the copycat Popeyes chicken sandwich follow the article below. I have mentioned all the basic details required to make this recipe. Look out for the list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Popeyes Buttermilk Biscuits – Popeyes buttermilk biscuits are easy-to-make fluffy biscuits. These biscuits are a smooth combination of buttermilk, milk, and all-purpose flour. These biscuits can be enjoyed as a side dish with any main course dish.
2. Popeyes Red Beans And Rice – Popeyes red beans and rice has red beans cooked to perfection with smoked ham. It’s spiced up by adding onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and lard. This dish is paired with steamed rice and can be enjoyed as a main course dish.
3. Popeyes Fried Chicken – Popeyes fried chicken has crispy delicious chicken served with a condiment. This chicken is marinated in a buttermilk mixture and then breaded with the flour mixture using the egg mixture. This chicken is deep-fried until it has a crispy golden finish. These chicken bites can be enjoyed as a side dish with any main course dish.
4. Popeyes Cajun Rice – Popeyes Cajun rice is a hearty combination of steamed rice and Cajun spices. This dish has steamed rice cooked with ground beef and chicken. This mixture is braised with the flavors of garlic, celery flakes, salt, red pepper, and Cajun seasoning.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Popeyes Chicken Sandwich?
- Bowls – Two bowls, one for the marination and the other for the breeding.
- Tong – Use a tong to fry on both sides.
- Frying Pan – Fry the coated chicken in the frying pan.
- Butter knife – Spread the mayonnaise with the help of a butter knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Popeyes Chicken Sandwich?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||10 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Popeyes Chicken Sandwich?
- Brioche Buns – For making chicken sandwiches, take two halves of brioche buns.
- Chicken – Use chicken breast for making the chicken sandwich.
- Eggs – Add two eggs to the marinade mixture. It will result in a crispy texture of the meat.
- Olive Oil – Fry the chicken breast by using olive oil.
- Pickles – Pickles will add tangy flavors.
- Buttermilk – Marinate the chicken patty with the buttermilk.
- Mayonnaise – Spread a teaspoon of mayonnaise on the brioche buns. It will add juiciness to the chicken sandwich.
- Flour – Mix half a cup of flour with other dry rubs for coating the chicken.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Smoked Paprika – A teaspoon of smoked paprika will spice up the coating of chicken.
- Cornstarch – For the binding marinade and dry rubs, add a teaspoon of cornstarch.
- Onion Powder – Onion powder is the best option for seasoning. The coated layer of chicken will be crispy and flavorful.
- Garlic Powder – Add a teaspoon of garlic powder to the coating mix. It will add aromatic flavors to the crispy layer of the chicken patty.
- Hot Sauce – Marinate the chicken in buttermilk with a teaspoon of hot sauce. The extra spicy flavors will be enhanced.
Steps To Make Popeyes Chicken Sandwich
Prepare the marinade and put the chicken breast for marination. In a bowl, add two eggs, buttermilk, salt, hot sauce, and whisk until it is thickened. Add the chicken breast into the marinade and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
2. Coat The Boat
In a separate mix, all the dry rubs like smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cornstarch, and salt with all-purpose flour. Coat the marinated chicken with the dry rubs evenly. Put it in the frying pan to fry the chicken. Cook until it turns golden brown.
3. Assemble Together
Take brioche buns to spread mayonnaise and ketchup on both halves of the bun. Place the chicken on the bottom bun. Put the pickle on the top and cover it with the other half of the bun. Enjoy Popeyes chicken sandwich on your table!
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
How Will Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Will Look And Taste Like?
Popeyes chicken sandwich looks delicious and tastes freshly amazing. It has a crunchy exterior and tender enough to taste the excellence of each bite. The warm spicy and classic sweet flavors are absolutely well balanced in the copycat Popeyes chicken sandwich. You can’t resist having it in your kitchen right away!
Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Frying Pan
- Butter Knife
- 1 Brioche Buns
- 200 g Chicken
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 slices Pickles
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- Preheat oil in a saucepan at medium temperature.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the marinade by adding buttermilk, a teaspoon of hot sauce, two eggs, salt, and pepper. Mix it well, add the chicken breast slice, and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, cornstarch, and garlic powder, onion powder; whisk all together. Then, add tablespoons of the buttermilk batter into the spices and mix it through. Coat the marinated chicken with the flour mixture.
- Transfer chicken to hot oil and fry for 10 minutes until the outside is crispy and golden.
- Assemble the Popeyes chicken sandwich by spreading the mayonnaise on the bottom bun and ketchup on the other bun. Place the fried chicken and pickles on the top. Cover it with the other bun and serve with your favorite sauces.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the secret of Popeyes chicken sandwich?
The secret that brings out moist, crispy, tenderized flavors in Popeyes chicken sandwich is to brine the chicken with rich spices and a mixture of buttermilk.
2. What makes Popeyes chicken sandwich so good?
The crispy chicken filet, spicy mayonnaise, and rich flavors are what makes Popeyes chicken sandwich so good and delicious.
3. Why is Popeyes chicken so crispy?
Popeyes chicken is marinated with the spicy buttermilk mixture and coated with cornstarch. All the marination, breeding, and coating make the real sandwich crisp.
4. Is Popeyes chicken sandwich fresh or frozen?
The chicken sandwich is prepared with fresh chicken breast. They are absolutely not frozen.
Gather all the elements, marinade, fry, and club Popeyes chicken sandwich in burger buns. Let us know how it goes in the comments section below!