Are you’re one of the very rare people who want to know the recipe of Popeyes authentic buttermilk biscuits? This post will help you a lot because I will share the secret recipe for these buttermilk biscuits. Get ready to make Popeyes buttermilk biscuits with us.
I once tried the popeyes buttermilk biscuits and since then they have become my favorite. Very often, I make these biscuits at my home and they are really tasty. I have seen many recipes on the internet but they are not the exact recipe. So I thought you guys should know the perfect recipe.
To make Popeyes buttermilk biscuits’ recipe, mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and soda. Now add butter, buttermilk, and milk. Make a dough and cut it into 3-inch biscuits. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes. Brush with melted butter and your biscuits will be ready.
The above was just a short summary of the recipe but make sure you follow the complete detailed recipe below. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes from Popeyes down below.
1. Popeyes Red Beans And Rice – Popeyes red beans and rice has red beans cooked to perfection with smoked ham. It’s spiced up by adding onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and lard. This dish is paired with steamed rice and can be enjoyed as a main course dish.
2. Popeyes Fried Chicken – Popeyes fried chicken has crispy delicious chicken served with a condiment. This chicken is marinated in a buttermilk mixture and then breaded with the flour mixture using the egg mixture. This chicken is deep-fried until it has a crispy golden finish. These chicken bites can be enjoyed as a side dish with any main course dish.
3. Popeyes Chicken Sandwich – Popeyes chicken sandwich is a soft and fluffy sandwich. It’s a delicious combination of chicken patty, mayonnaise, pickles, and spices. You can choose to add lettuce, tomatoes, and onions to this sandwich. This sandwich has fried chicken patty flavored with onion powder, garlic powder, and hot sauce.
4. Popeyes Cajun Rice – Popeyes Cajun rice is a hearty combination of steamed rice and Cajun spices. This dish has steamed rice cooked with ground beef and chicken. This mixture is braised with the flavors of garlic, celery flakes, salt, red pepper, and Cajun seasoning.
What's In The Post
Popeyes Buttermilk Biscuits Price
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Popeyes Buttermilk Biscuits?
- Medium Bowl – Use your medium bowl to mix everything together and prepare the dough.
- Biscuit Cutter – You want your biscuits to be perfect in shape and of perfect size. Cut the dough with a biscuit cutter to make the perfect biscuits.
- Parchment Paper – Lightly grease the parchment paper and line the baking sheet with it. Place the biscuits on it and you are ready for the baking.
- Oven – Bake the Popeyes buttermilk biscuits in the oven.
- Knife – Slice the cold and hard butter with a sharp knife.
- Brush – Brush the melted butter on the buttermilk biscuits.
- Rolling Pin – Roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Popeyes Buttermilk Biscuits?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||25 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Popeyes Buttermilk Biscuits?
- All-Purpose Flour – The flour is the medium for the biscuits. Everything goes into the flour.
- Sugar – For sweetness add sugar as per your taste.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste for to balance the sweetness.
- Baking Powder – A pinch of baking powder will raise the dough and makes it fluffy.
- Unsalted Butter – Add the cold butter to the dough to add a great texture.
- Buttermilk – Add the buttermilk to make the dough smooth and somewhat tangy.
- Milk – Milk will thicken the texture of the batter evenly.
- Melted Butter– Brush the biscuits with melted butter.
Steps To Make Popeyes Buttermilk Biscuits
1. The Biscuit Dough!
First, preheat the oven to a hell-like temperature of 400°F. Then, mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Slice the cold butter into cubes and use a pastry knife or potato masher to mix the butter into the dry mixture until no large chunks of butter remain. Add buttermilk and milk and stir with a spoon until dough forms. Your biscuit dough is ready.
2. The Biscuit Cutter Is Here
Roll out to 1/2-inch thick on a floured surface. Cut the biscuits from the dough with the help of a 3-inch biscuit cutter and arrange them on a lightly greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until the top begins to turn light brown. Remove biscuits from the oven and cool for a couple of minutes, then brush each biscuit top with melted butter.
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||4.9 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0.1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.7 g|
How Will The Popeyes Buttermilk Biscuits Look And Taste Like?
The Popeyes buttermilk biscuits look amazing. The golden biscuits look ethereal when brushed with melted butter. The top is crispy while the inside of the biscuits is soft. The soft texture and a slight tart flavor are all because of the buttermilk. Dip them in gravy and experience falling in love.
Popeyes Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
- Medium Bowl
- 3-inch Biscuit Cutter
- Baking Sheet lined with Parchment Paper
- Rolling Pin
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (cold)
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Butter (to brush on top)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Slice cold butter into cubes and use a pastry knife or potato masher to cut butter into the dry mixture until no large chunks of butter remain.
- Add buttermilk and milk and stir with a spoon until dough forms.
- Roll out to 1/2-inch thick on a floured surface.
- Cut biscuits with a 3-inch biscuit cutter and arrange on a lightly greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until the top begins to turn light brown.
- Remove biscuits from the oven and cool for a couple of minutes, then brush each biscuit top with melted butter
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are Popeyes biscuits made of?
Popeyes buttermilk biscuits are prepared with flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and soda. Now add butter, buttermilk, and milk.
Why is Popeyes biscuit so good?
When discussing Popeyes’ creation, they exclaimed, “Unlike many of its franchised brethren, the Popeye’s biscuit uses buttermilk, which adds a slightly different, saltier flavor.
Is Popeyes biscuits frozen?
Yes, Popeyes biscuits are indeed frozen and can be stored for up to 4 weeks.
Does Popeyes use milk?
All Popeye’s breaded items, including their chicken, shrimp, and fish, contain milk.
Now make these awesome Popeyes buttermilk biscuits at your home and tell us your experience in the comment section below. Have an excellent today and stay tuned for more such amazing add-ons to your life.