If you are looking for a recipe that is both high on nutrition and taste, then Popeye’s red beans recipe is the one for you. It is made with red beans, ham hocks and different kinds of spices. It is best served with rice.
One of my friends suggested ordering red beans from Popeye’s for dinner. It was both delicious, healthy and just the right amount of spicy. It tasted very good and the flavors were amazingly balanced with the rice. I tried to make it at home with their recipe and the result was amazing.
To make Popeye’s red beans and rice, add canned beans, ham hocks and water in a pan and cook. Add all the spices to the pan and cook until thick. Cook the rice and serve with the beans.
This was just an overview of the entire recipe. Find the complete recipe down. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes from Popeyes down below.
1. Popeyes Buttermilk Biscuits – Popeyes buttermilk biscuits are easy-to-make fluffy biscuits. These biscuits are a smooth combination of buttermilk, milk, and all-purpose flour. These biscuits can be enjoyed as a side dish with any main course dish.
2. Popeyes Fried Chicken – Popeyes fried chicken has crispy delicious chicken served with a condiment. This chicken is marinated in a buttermilk mixture and then breaded with the flour mixture using the egg mixture. This chicken is deep-fried until it has a crispy golden finish. These chicken bites can be enjoyed as a side dish with any main course dish.
3. Popeyes Chicken Sandwich – Popeyes chicken sandwich is a soft and fluffy sandwich. It’s a delicious combination of chicken patty, mayonnaise, pickles, and spices. You can choose to add lettuce, tomatoes, and onions to this sandwich. This sandwich has fried chicken patty flavored with onion powder, garlic powder, and hot sauce.
4. Popeyes Cajun Rice – Popeyes Cajun rice is a hearty combination of steamed rice and Cajun spices. This dish has steamed rice cooked with ground beef and chicken. This mixture is braised with the flavors of garlic, celery flakes, salt, red pepper, and Cajun seasoning.
What Equipments Will You Need To Make Popeyes Red Beans And Rice?
- Saucepan – Cook the red beans along with the veggies and spices merged into it.
- Ladle – Use a ladle to stir in the elements.
- Masher – With a help of masher, slush half of the red beans before you serve.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Popeyes Red Beans And Rice?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total time|
|10 Minutes||35 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Popeyes Red Beans And rice?
- Bacon – Take the chunks of bacon to add in the red beans.
- Red Beans – Add some red kidney beans for making Popeyes red beans.
- Bacon Grease – Adding bacon grease will thicken the gravy of red beans.
- Rice – You need half a cup of cooked rice.
- Garlic – Minced garlic will bring out the aromatic flavors.
- Onions – Adding onions will bring out sweet and savory flavors.
- Liquid Smoke – A teaspoon of liquid smoke will bring out smoky chili flavors.
- Chicken Broth – If you add chicken broth instead of water, it will thicken the gravy nicely.
- Cajun Seasoning – For extra flavors add a teaspoon of Cajon seasoning.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the red beans with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Popeyes Red Beans And Rice
Take a saucepan, saute the bacon, onions, and minced garlic. Cook for 5-10 minutes. Then, add the rinsed beans, liquid smoke, Cajun seasoning, and chicken broth to the pot. Stir in evenly and cook for another 10 minutes.
By using a masher, mash half of the red beans and let the liquid soak up. Serve the red beans on the cooked rice and garnish it with fresh parsley.
How Will Popeyes Red Beans And Rice Will Look And Taste Like?
Popeyes red beans and rice is highly nutritious and a good source of fiber. In fact, it is a delicious treat for people with gluten intolerance. This red beans and rice recipe is filled with rich flavors and taste delectable. Make this warm and luscious treat in your kitchen!
Popeyes Red Beans And Rice Recipe
- 2 cans Red Beans
- 2 pounds Smoked Ham Hocks
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Lard
- 1 tbsp Ground Pepper
- Add 3 cans of beans, smoked ham hock, and water in a pan. Keep that pan overheat for some time and mix all the ingredients.
- Heat until the meat start loosens bone. Remove the pan from heat and cool it for some time.
- After the mixture cools itself, remove the bones from the meat.
- Place the meat, beans, and liquid in the blender.
- Add onion powder, garlic, salt, red pepper, salt, and lard.
- Chop beans properly and make sure the liquid should be thick.
- Drain the fourth can of beans and add the drained beans also. Blend it for a few seconds.
- Add the beans mixture back into the pan and cook over low heat. Stir vigorously.
- Cook the beans until water has been evaporated.
- Prepare the rice. Cook the rice properly and drain the water well.
- Once the beans and rice are done cooking, remove them both from the heat.
- Serve the bean mixture over the cooked rice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is Popeyes Red Beans and Rice healthy?
Popeyes red beans and rice is a nutritious meal and a good source of fiber. It is loaded with red beans, bacon, lard, and rich Cajun seasoning.
2. Can you freeze Popeyes red beans and rice?
Yes, you can freeze Popeyes red beans and rice overnight. Prepare in a large batch and store it for a day or two.
This was it about this recipe! You can share your valuable feedback in the comments below. If you have any suggestions or queries, mention them in the comments and I’ll make sure to help you. Till then, happy eating!