This recipe I am going to share today is one of the oldest chicken recipes I recently came across. Did I say the word chicken? Hmm, now that’s what a recipe should start with. Anyways, I talked about the most ancient chicken recipe and would be glad to know that it was an Italian dish. We all know how delicious Italian food is. So what do you think? What is this recipe? Guess its name and tell me in the comments box below.
Today we will make a version of Chicken Marsala, which is very famous across the United States of America as it is one of the best recipes created by the renowned chef Emeril Lagasse. Yes, you heard it right, the famous Emeril Lagasse, who is not only an award-winning chef but also an author and a known television personality.
This recipe is perfect for one’s health and you can make this recipe at home in a few minutes. So let’s start making this chicken marsala by Emeril Lagasse and make everyone happy in the house.
The ingredients that you need to make this recipe are in the box below. The list is quite long but doesn’t worry, you will get them easily.
Ingredients for Chicken Marsala
|All purpose flour||½ cup|
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||2 pc|
|Olive oil||1 tsp|
|Sliced mushrooms||3 cups|
|Chicken stock||1 cup|
|Chopped chives||For garnish|
For Emeril’s Essence
|Paprika||2 ½ tsp|
|Garlic powder||2 tsp|
|Black pepper||1 tsp|
|Onion powder||1 tsp|
|Cayenne pepper||1 tsp|
|Dried leaf oregano||1 tsp|
|Dried thyme||1 tsp|
You can get these ingredients from the nearest supermarket or grocery store.
Time is the main factor here. You don’t have to wait much for this recipe to be on your plate. Please have a look at the complete time frame of this recipe.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes|
Now comes the point where it is complicated to resist the craving you have for the particular food you are about to have on your plate. Not going to waste the precious time that all of you got. Let’s jump straight into the kitchen along with the bag of ingredients you got and start cooking.
Emeril Lagasse Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Mix all the ingredients you got to make the essence and store it in a container or jar.
- Take a bowl and mix the flour and the essence that you made earlier. Now add the chicken breasts in the same flour and mix it thoroughly.
- Now on a large skillet, heat some oil on the medium heat and add butter to cook the chicken breasts.
- Cook them until they are golden brown for about 3 minutes and set them aside.
- Now add some more butter in the pan and add mushrooms in it.
- Cook the mushrooms until they are golden brown and have drained out their water.
- Boil the marsala wine and wait until it gets reduced to half, then add the chicken stock in it and cook for over 3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Now turn the turn to low and add the chicken breasts in the pan and cook them along with this sauce. Cook it until the sauce reaches the consistency you want.
- Add some more butter, salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Garnish with some chopped chives and serve right away.
The recipe is completed and now comes the best part, eating it with your family and friends. Enjoy the recipe and forget the rest.
Nutritional Breakdown of Emeril’s Chicken Marsala
The nutrition of any recipe is essential for everyone to know. The nutritional values help to maintain our diet and health-related activities. Yet, we are very concerned about it. Le’s have a look at the complete nutritional breakdown of this recipe.
So what do you think about this recipe? Tell me if you know something more about this recipe and I will love to add it. Do share this recipe with your friends and let us know their reviews and experiences in the comments section below.