This recipe I am going to share today is for Emeril Lagasse’s chicken marsala. This recipe is healthy and delicious. You can make this recipe at home in just half an hour.
This version of chicken marsala is very famous across the United States of America. This recipe is created by the renowned chef Emeril Lagasse. He is an award-winning chef. He is also an author and a known television personality.
To make chicken marsala, make the essence with spices, herbs, salt, and pepper. Mix this essence with flour. Add the chicken pieces to this mixture and mix. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet and cook chicken pieces in it. Then, cook the mushrooms in another pan. Add marsala wine and chicken stock to it. Then, add chicken breasts to it and cook. Garnish with chives and serve.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Instant Pot Sesame Chicken– The traditional way of cooking sesame chicken is cutting the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces followed by deep-frying and then tossing the chicken pieces in sticky sauce.
2. Black Bean Chili– The basic Black Bean Chili is very healthy and nourishing for the body. I shall talk about the nutritional value of the dish in the end. Also, you may top it off with some grated cheese for a little indulgence in the dish.
3. Moussaka– This moussaka is an emotion that directly connects you with Greece without even knowing about that region. This preparation is made using the best quality ingredients that are delicious as well.
4. Rachael Ray Meatballs– These meatballs are a great source of protein, iron, and vitamins as they are made from beef. You need some ingredients to prepare the meatballs and their sauce as well.
Emeril Lagasse Chicken Marsala Recipe
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Mushrooms (sliced)
- ¾ cup Marsala
- 4 teaspoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- Chives (chopped) (for garnish)
For Emeril’s Essence
- 2 ½ teaspoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Leaf Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Mix the paprika, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, and thyme in a bowl. Store this essence in a container or jar.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and the essence. Now, add the chicken breasts to this flour mixture and mix it thoroughly.
- Heat some oil in a large pan. Then, add butter to it and cook the chicken breasts in it.
- Cook them for about 3 minutes until they are golden brown and set them aside.
- Now, add some more butter in the pan and add mushrooms to it.
- Cook the mushrooms until they are golden brown.
- In this pan, add the marsala wine and boil it until it gets reduced to half. Then, add the chicken stock in it. Cook for over 3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Now, lower the heat and add the chicken breasts in the pan. Cook them in this sauce until the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- Add some more butter, salt, and pepper according to your taste.
- Garnish it with some chopped chives and serve right away.