Black bean chili is very healthy and nourishing for the body. It requires a few ingredients and it gets ready in just half an hour. It is a delicious and spicy meal.
Black bean chili is a healthy and delicious dish. It has the softness of black beans, the tanginess of tomatoes, and the hotness of smoked paprika. If you have it once, you would definitely want to eat it again.
To make black bean chili, heat oil in a pot. Cook onions and garlic in it. Then, add ground turkey to it and cook for some time. Add beans, green chilies, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste to it. Then, add spices and salt to it and stir. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. Your black bean chili is ready!
Don’t have black beans? Here is a list of black bean substitutes that you can try. This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. San Antonio Chili– San Antonio chili is an easy-to-make recipe and you can easily make it at home. It is made with beef and spices and tastes great when served with tortilla chips and sour cream.
2. Emeril Lagasse Chicken Marsala– This recipe is very famous across the United States of America as it is one of the best recipes created by the renowned chef Emeril Lagasse.
3. Carne Con Chile Rojo– Chile Colorado is a traditional Mexican dish of beef stewed in a red chile sauce. This is the best Chile Colorado (or Carne con Chile Rojo) we have tried.
4. Beef Jerky– Beef jerky is one such high-protein snack that can be easily stored in the house and enjoyed whenever desired.
Black Bean Chili Recipe
- Large Pot
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 (15 oz.) cans Black Bean
- ½ lb. Ground Turkey
- 1 (15 oz.) can Tomatoes with Green Chilies (diced)
- 3 oz. Tomato Paste
- Chili Powder (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 2 tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot. Add garlic and onion to it. Cook over medium-low heat until the onion and garlic are softened.
- Add the ground turkey to the pot and sauté it for about 5-7 minutes until it is well cooked.
- Add the cans of beans and diced tomatoes with green chilies (both the cans undrained) and tomato paste.
- Now, add chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and dried oregano to the pan. Stir the mixture well.
- Let it simmer for about 10-12 minutes until the flavours are blended properly.
- Top up with toppings of your choice and serve it.