Want some good spreads for sandwiches, burgers, or barbecue meats? Try making bistro sauce at your home. The composition of the sauce gives it a smooth texture.
To prepare the bistro sauce, you need to mix ketchup, catsup, fresh lemon juice, mayonnaise, prepared Horseradish, mayonnaise, spices, and herbs in a bowl. Refrigerate and the sauce is ready to serve.
You can also use any of the horseradish substitutes in the recipe. See how easy it is to make the sauce.
But a more detailed recipe is waiting below so that you don’t miss any steps. Now let’s see the ingredients required for making the sauce. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
Other Sauce Recipes That You Can Try
- Popeyes Spicy Mayonnaise Recipe
- Blackberry Compote Recipe
- Poppy Seeds Paste Recipe
- Dulce De Leche Recipe
- Popeyes Cajun Gravy Recipe
- Sugar-Free Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
- Popeyes Coleslaw Recipe
- Bearnaise Sauce Recipe
- Rajas Con Queso Recipe
- Lemon Curd Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bistro Sauce?
- Bowl – Prepare the bistro sauce by combining all the ingredients in a bowl until mixed through.
- Whisk – Combine all the ingredients with a whisk to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Jar – Transfer the prepared sauce in a jar and let it settle for a few hours.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bistro Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||–||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bistro Sauce?
- Worcestershire Sauce – Worcestershire sauce will add a powerful umami flavor to the sauce.
- Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise will give creamy texture to the sauce, making it creamy.
- Horseradish – Horseradish will make the sauce a little spicier.
- Ketchup – Ketchup will enhance the sweetness when added to the sauce.
- Catsup – Catsup will add mild sweetness and spiciness to the sauce.
- Fresh Lemon Juice – Lemons juice works as a flavor enhancer just like salt. A fresh squeeze will bring out the acidity and enhance the flavor making the sauce savory.
- Garlic – Garlic will make the flavor more powerful and distinct.
- Spicy Brown Mustard – Spicy brown mustard will add a malty taste with a coarse texture.
- Sweet Hungarian Paprika – Sweet Hungarian paprika will add pungent pepper flavor and sweetness with bright redness to the sauce.
- Cajun Seasoning – Cajun seasoning will add a spicy bold flavor with subtle earthiness to the sauce.
- Fresh Parsley – Parsley will add a kick of peppery taste with a touch of earthiness to the sauce.
Steps To Make Bistro Sauce
1. Mix It Up
Take a bowl and combine everything. Start by mixing two tablespoons of ketchup and catsup. Now stir in a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and two cups of mayonnaise. Mix it well.
Now add two tablespoons of spicy brown mustard, two minced cloves of garlic, one and a half tablespoons of prepared horseradish.
2. Season It
Once everything is well combined, start with adding sweet Hungarian paprika, cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. At last sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Mix all the ingredients and transfer this sauce into a jar. Let the sauce settle for a few hours. This settling process will bring depth to the taste of this sauce.
How Will Bistro Sauce Look And Taste Like?
This simple yet flavorful bistro sauce is perfect for livening up any sandwich, burger, or piece of grilled meat. The mayonnaise provides a rich and creamy base, while the spicy brown mustard adds a touch of zesty tang.
The Hungarian paprika brightens things up and the garlic gives the sauce a nice kick. Finally, the parsley rounds out the flavors nicely and adds a touch of freshness.
The crisp spice and the tanginess of the lemon juice is all that you want with a huge bowl of French fries. It’s a rich and dense sauce, which tastes great on a number of different dishes.
Bistro Sauce Recipe
- Large Bowl
- 1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups Mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons Prepared Horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Catsup
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Hungarian Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Start by mixing two tablespoons of ketchup and catsup. Now stir in a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and two cups of mayonnaise. Mix it well.
- Now add two tablespoons of spicy brown mustard, two minced cloves of garlic, one and a half tablespoons of prepared horseradish.
- Once everything is well combined, start with adding sweet Hungarian paprika, cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. At last sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Mix all the ingredients and transfer this sauce into a jar.
- Let the sauce settle for a few hours. This settling process will bring depth to the taste of this sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is bistro sauce?
A bistro sauce is a smooth and extremely tasty dip. It is made up of various ingredients including ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, and a lot more. It is a perfect combination of spice, tanginess, and sweetness. The enriching flavor of garlic along with parsley is just like a cherry on the top.
What are the things to take care while curating Bistro sauce?
First of all, be specific with all the ingredients. Measure the quantity carefully. In case any quantity is put in excess or less, it would spoil the taste of your bistro sauce. Make sure that all the ingredients that you use are fresh.
Keep your sauce aside for some time, for the flavors to blend. If you are storing your sauce, keep it in an airtight container and away from Water.
What is bistro sauce made of?
This smooth, creamy sauce is made with a savory blend of Dijon mustard, horseradish, garlic, eggs, olive oil, and spices.
What more can you add to the sauce?
You can add buffalo sauce and mustard sauce to this creamy sauce.
Try out this authentic bistro sauce recipe and share it with your friends and family. Do let us know your reviews in the comments section below and feel free to suggest anything.
6 thoughts on “Easy Bistro Sauce Recipe”
We love the bistro sauce – fantastic!
But why when refrigerated it will only “it will go for a week.” Does that mean the amount you make will easily last a week OR if will do bad in a week?
Hi Deb! We are exhilarated at TheFoodxp to know that the bistro sauce turned out to be amazing for you. ‘it will go for a week’ is an indication to the fact that this recipe will last you for a week and you need to put your aprons back on if you crave some more.
What’s the difference between ketchup and catsup? They don’t sell catsup here
Do not get confused, catsup is yet another term for ketchup. You can use the regular ketchup for the recipe. Happy Cooking!
How much horseradish and minced garlic? Teaspoon or tablespoon.
For this recipe, you will need 2 cloves of minced garlic and one and a half tablespoon of prepared horseradish. I hope you find this information insightful. Check out the recipe card in the article for more extensive details.