A bowlful of Cheesecake Factory white chicken chili can warm you up in this harsh winter. It has mouth-watering Mexican flavors with a southwestern kick of Poblano chile. It’s counted among the most famous dishes on the updated menu of the Cheesecake Factory. This delicious dish is served with white rice, beans, and pico de gallo on top (which makes it even more vibrant). I have this famous copycat recipe for you.
Cheesecake factory white chicken chili has delicious chicken seasoned with the spice mix and cooked. The chili gravy is thick and has chicken stock with cream and flour to balance the excessive spiciness and add more depth to the flavors. The pico de gallo added on top adds a more southwestern kick to the dish.
You can make Cheesecake Factory white chicken chili easily at home. You can easily use cannellini beans for the recipe. Don’t have cannellini beans? Here is a list of cannellini beans substitutes for you to try.
Check out the recipe below, along with the list of ingredients and equipment. Follow the instructions carefully, and you’ll have the delicious white chicken chili like the one served at the Cheesecake factory. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other copycat Cheesecake Factory recipes from our website.
1. Cheesecake Factory Bistro Shrimp Pasta : Cheesecake Factory Bistro shrimp pasta has crispy battered shrimp loaded with the flavors of Italian seasoning. The pasta is mixed in lemon basil cream sauce. Sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes on top add a smoky and slightly meaty and tangy flavor to this dish.
2. Cheesecake Factory Cobb Salad : Cheesecake Factory cobb salad is a delicious chorus of green veggies like asparagus, lettuce, green beans, and yellow beets. This salad is mixed in sweet and tart salad dressing. Lemon gives a citrusy twist while almonds and quinoa add a nutty flavor to this salad.
3. Cheesecake Factory Fish Tacos : Cheesecake Factory fish tacos have citrusy cabbage slaw with crispy yet tender fish wrapped in warm corn tortillas. Guacamole and salsa spice up these tacos while salt and pepper enhance the taste. These tacos can be enjoyed as a Mexican side dish with salsa or any other condiment.
4. Cheesecake Factory Mini Crab Cakes : Cheesecake Factory mini crab cakes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. These mini cakes have crab meat mixed with veggies like onions and green bell pepper. These crab cakes are spiced up using Old Bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, and paprika. The breadcrumbs added on top make them crispy. These crispy crab cakes can be enjoyed with any condiment of your choice.
What Equipment Will You Need For Cheesecake Factory White Chicken Chili?
- Bowl – Use a large mixing bowl to make the spice rub for the chicken. You can use a bowl to keep cooked chicken pieces while you make the gravy for chicken chili.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to stir the chicken in the skillet and to stir the ingredients for the chili gravy. You can use a spatula to coat the chicken pieces with the spice mixture.
- Spoon – You can use a spoon to mix the ingredients for the spice rub.
- Pot – Use a large pot to cook the chicken and to cook the chili gravy for the white chicken chili.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cheesecake Factory White Chicken Chili?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||40 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cheesecake Factory White Chicken Chili?
- Canola Oil – You need about a one-fourth cup of canola oil to cook the onions and chicken.
- Chicken Breasts – I’ve used about two pounds of chicken breasts for this recipe. Cut the chicken into three or four-inch pieces.
- Cumin – Add about one and a half teaspoons of cumin powder to add a mild seasoning flavor to the gravy.
- Chili Powder – Add some heat to the chicken chili by adding one and a half teaspoons of chili powder to the spice mixture for the chicken.
- Kosher Salt – Kosher salt enhances the taste of the chicken chili and seasons the chicken.
- Black Pepper – Season the chicken with a three-fourth teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. It adds a mild spiciness and heat to the chicken.
- Butter – Butter will cook the chicken and the veggies for chicken chili, and it’ll enhance the taste of this dish. You need to use about two tablespoons of butter in the recipe.
- Onions – Use about three-fourth cups of diced yellow onions to add a mild sweetness to this dish.
- Garlic – Mince a tablespoon of garlic to add a basic seasoning flavor to the chicken chili.
- Chiles – Roast about a half cup of peeled, deseeded, and diced green Poblano chiles for this recipe.
- All-Purpose Flour – Use a half cup of all-purpose flour to make the roux for chicken chili.
- Chicken Stock – Chicken stock adds depth to the flavors of the dish. It gives body to the gravy for chicken chili. I’ve used about a quart of chicken stock in this recipe.
- Salsa Verde – Add two tablespoons of salsa verde to the gravy for chicken chili. It’s a Mexican green sauce. It’s spicy and adds herbal flavors and spiciness to the dish.
- Chili Garlic Paste – Chili garlic paste adds spicy and garlicky flavor to the chicken chili. You would need one and a half teaspoons of chili garlic paste to the gravy.
- Chipotle Tabasco – Chipotle tabasco gives a smoky, spicy, and mildly sweet taste to this dish. Add about one and a half teaspoons of chipotle tabasco to the gravy.
- Oregano – Dried oregano adds aromatic herbal flavors to this dish. Add a three-fourth teaspoon of dried oregano to the gravy.
- Sugar – Add a three-fourths teaspoon of brown sugar to add sweetness to the gravy. Brown sugar also balances the excess spiciness in the dish.
- White Beans – Rinse and drain about two cups of canned white beans and add to the gravy with the chicken.
- Sour Cream – Add three tablespoons of sour cream to the chicken chili. Sour cream improves the texture of the dish and adds more flavor to it.
- White Rice – Serve this delicious chicken chili with steamed white rice. I’ve used two cups of white rice for the chicken chili.
- Pico de Gallo – Top the cheesecake factory white chicken chili with pico de gallo. I’ve used a one-fourth cup of pico de gallo for this recipe.
- Green Onions – You can also garnish this dish with chopped green onions. Use a one-fourth cup of green onion to garnish the white chicken chili.
Steps To Make Cheesecake Factory White Chicken Chili
1. Combine Chicken And Spices
Take a large mixing bowl and add ground cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and salt to it. Mix them up and add chicken pieces to the bowl. Rub the spices all over the chicken skin. Make sure that the chicken pieces are entirely coated with the spice rub.
2. Cook Chicken
Set a large pot over heat and add canola oil to it. As the oil starts smoking, add the chicken to the pot and cook the chicken until it’s light brown in color. Remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside to cool.
3. Cook Veggies
Now, add butter and oil to the pot. Add onions to it and cook them until they’re tender. Add garlic and chilies to the pot and cook for about 30 seconds. Then, stir in flour and combine it with all the other ingredients in the pot. Cook for about two minutes and then add chicken stock. Stir it well until there are no lumps of flour in the mixture.
4. Amp It Up!
Add chili garlic paste, Tabasco, salsa verde, oregano, cumin, and brown sugar to the pot. Mix them well and let this mixture simmer for about a minute. Add chicken back into this pot and simmer the mixture for 5 more minutes. Now, stir in the sour cream and white beans. Garnish it with pico de gallo or green onions and serve with white rice.
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||23 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||731 IU|
|Vitamin C||13 mg|
How Will Cheesecake Factory White Chicken Chili Look and Taste?
Cheesecake Factory white chicken chili looks amazing. Its gravy has a nice thick texture with chili, onions, and chicken mixed in it. This dish is loaded with the flavors of chicken, chili, and onions. The spices like cumin, oregano, pepper, and chili add more heat and aromatic flavors to this dish. The taste of the gravy is enhanced by adding Tabasco, salsa verde, and chili garlic paste. White beans add more nutrients to this dish, while sugar adds a slight sweetness to this dish.
Cheesecake Factory White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds Chicken Breasts (cut into 3/4" pieces)
- 3/4 cup Yellow Onions (diced)
- 1/4 cup Green Onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Green Poblano Chiles (roasted, peeled, seeds removed, and diced)
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoons Garlic (minced)
- 2 cups Canned White Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups White Rice (cooked)
- 1/4 cup Pico de Gallo
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 1 quart Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons Salsa Verde
- 3 tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1.5 teaspoons Chili Garlic Paste
- 1.5 teaspoons Chipotle Tabasco
- 1.5 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 3/4 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 teaspoons Oregano (dried)
- 3/4 teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons Cumin (ground)
- In a large mixing bowl and add ground cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and salt to it. Mix them up and add chicken pieces to the bowl. Rub the spices all over the chicken skin. Make sure that the chicken pieces are entirely coated with the spice rub.
- Add canola oil to the skillet over medium heat. As the oil starts smoking, add the chicken to the pot and cook the chicken until it’s light brown in color. Remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside to cool.
- Add butter and oil to the pot. Add onions to it and cook them until they’re tender. Add garlic and chilies to the pot and cook for about 30 seconds. Then, stir in flour and combine it with all the other ingredients in the pot. Cook for about two minutes and then add chicken stock. Stir it well until there are no lumps of flour in the mixture.
- Add chili garlic paste, Tabasco, salsa verde, oregano, cumin, and brown sugar to the pot. Mix them well and let this mixture simmer for about a minute. Add chicken back into this pot and simmer the mixture for 5 more minutes. Now, stir in the sour cream and white beans. Garnish it with pico de gallo or green onions and serve with white rice.
I’d love to know your experience with this recipe. Tell me in the comments below and enjoy this amazing dish with your family.