Cheesecake factory fish tacos have crispy, flaky fish wrapped in tacos. It is filled with meaty and tender fish bites with spicy notes of guacamole and salsa. The cabbage slaw adds a citrusy crunch to these taco bites. I can assure you that you won’t find such amazing tacos anywhere else other than the Cheesecake Factory’s updated menu. But in case you can’t go out to the Cheesecake factory to enjoy fish tacos, try the knockoff recipe of fish tacos.
The good news! You can try the delicious Cheesecake factory fish tacos right at your home. The recipe for these tacos is really simple and easy to try. You can sear the fish in the pan or grill instead of roasting it in the oven if you wish. Feel free to choose between the red and green cabbage for the cabbage slaw. We used red cabbage for this recipe.
If you, too, have spent a lot of time scouring the internet for this recipe, then you’re exactly where you must be. You’ll find here every detail about this recipe, from the equipment list to how it looks and tastes.
Read the required list of ingredients, equipment, instructions, and try this recipe now. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other copycat Cheesecake Factory recipes from our website.
1. Cheesecake Factory White Chilli: Cheesecake Factory white chicken chili has spicy seasoned chicken and delicious chili gravy. The gravy for chicken chili is loaded with southwestern flavors from Tabasco, salsa verde, and spices like oregano and many more. This dish is served with white rice and freshly prepared pico de gallo.
2. Cheesecake Factory Cobb Salad: Cheesecake Factory cobb salad is a delicious chorus of green veggies like asparagus, lettuce, green beans, and yellow beets. This salad is mixed in sweet and tart salad dressing. Lemon gives a citrusy twist while almonds and quinoa add a nutty flavor to this salad.
3. Cheesecake Factory Bistro Shrimp Pasta: Cheesecake Factory Bistro shrimp pasta has crispy battered shrimp loaded with the flavors of Italian seasoning. The pasta is mixed in lemon basil cream sauce. Sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes on top add a smoky and slightly meaty and tangy flavor to this dish.
4. Cheesecake Factory Mini Crab Cakes: Cheesecake Factory mini crab cakes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. These mini cakes have crab meat mixed with veggies like onions and green bell pepper. These crab cakes are spiced up using Old Bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, and paprika. The breadcrumbs added on top make them crispy. These crispy crab cakes can be enjoyed with any condiment of your choice.
What Equipment Will You Need For Cheesecake Factory Fish Tacos?
- Taco Holder – Hold tacos in a taco holder for a few minutes before serving.
- Knife – Cut the cabbage and veggies with a sharp knife.
- Spoon – Spread the salsa and guacamole on the tortilla using a spoon.
- Spatula – Combine the veggies with the spices and flavors using a spatula.
- Bowl – Use a large mixing bowl to make the cabbage slaw for tacos.
- Oven – To cook the fish, I’ve used an oven.
- Oven-Proof Pan – You need a non-stick oven-proof pan to cook the fish for tacos.
- Kitchen Tongs – Place the fish slices and coleslaw on the tacos using kitchen tongs.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cheesecake Factory Fish Tacos?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||30 Minutes||55 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cheesecake Factory Fish Tacos?
- Halibut Fish – Fish is the main ingredient in this recipe. I’ve used a one-pound Halibut fillet with skin removed. You can use any other white fish fillet for this recipe.
- Olive Oil – To cook fish, you need a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cabbage – Cut one-fourth of green or red cabbage to make cabbage slaw.
- Onion – White onions add a mild sweetness to the cabbage slaw. I’ve used a one-fourth cup of chopped white onions in the cabbage slaw.
- Cucumber – Cucumber adds a raw crunch and earthy flavor to the cabbage slaw. Add a one-fourth cup of chopped English cucumber to the cabbage slaw.
- Cilantro – Cilantro adds a fresh herbal flavor to the cabbage slaw. Chop a half bunch of cilantro for this recipe.
- Lemon – Lemon juice gives a citrusy twist to the tacos. Squeeze a lemon over the cabbage slaw for the tacos.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- and pepper – Black pepper adds a basic seasoning flavor to the dish.
- Guacamole – Guacamole is a Mexican dip made of avocado and is filled with flavors of lemon, yogurt, and spices.
- Salsa – Salsa adds a tangy and peppery taste to the tacos.
- Tortillas – Tacos are incomplete without tortillas. Warm about ten corn tortillas for this recipe.
Steps To Make Cheesecake Factory Fish Tacos
1. Make Citrusy Cabbage Slaw
To a medium-sized mixing bowl, add cabbage, onions, cucumber, and cilantro. Squeeze a lemon over this mixture and sprinkle salt and pepper over it. Mix them well to combine. Let it sit for 30 minutes before making the tacos.
2. Cook Fish
Heat olive oil in a non-stick oven-proof pan over medium heat. Add halibut fillet to the pan and brown it on one side. Now, turn the fillet and place the pan in a preheated oven (400 F). Cook it for about 30 minutes in the oven.
3. Fill In The Tacos
Warm tortillas and place cabbage slaw on them. Spoon some guacamole over the cabbage slaw and place a fish slice on it. Top with salsa and place them in the taco holder.
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Vitamin A||853 IU|
|Vitamin C||145 mg|
How Will Cheesecake Factory Fish Tacos Look and Taste?
Time to taste the delish Cheesecake Factory fish tacos! These tacos are filled with citrusy cabbage slaw and spicy, tangy salsa. The guacamole gives the taste of avocado with a hint of citrusy lemon and spices. The crispy, flaky fish adds more satisfying flavors to the tacos. These tacos have mouth-watering meaty bites spiced up with salt and pepper with spicy undertones of salsa and guacamole.
Cheesecake Factory Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound Halibut Fillet (skin removed or another white fish fillet)
- 10 Corn Tortillas (warmed)
- ¼ Green Cabbage
- ¼ cup White Onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup English Cucumber (chopped)
- ½ bunch Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Guacamole (for serving)
- Salsa (for serving)
- To a medium-sized mixing bowl, add cabbage, onions, cucumber, and cilantro. Squeeze a lemon over this mixture and sprinkle salt and pepper over it. Mix them well to combine. Let it sit for 30 minutes before making the tacos.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick oven-proof pan over medium heat. Add halibut fillet to the pan and brown it on one side. Now, turn the fillet and place the pan in a preheated oven (400 F). Cook it for about 30 minutes in the oven.
- Warm tortillas and place cabbage slaw on them. Spoon some guacamole over the cabbage slaw and place a fish slice on it. Top with salsa and place them in the taco holder.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are the fish tacos at Cheesecake Factory good?
Yes, the fish tacos served at Cheesecake Factory are delicious and a must-have dish!
What is a fish taco made of?
Fish tacos are a quick and delish meal prepared by adding tilapia, or halibut, quickly pan-sear in a skillet and a simple cabbage slaw.
What is Cheesecake Factory’s secret sauce?
Cheesecake Factory’s secret sauce is rémoulade sauce. It is smothered on burgers and sandwiches.
How can you make tacos healthier?
Keep a check on the size or portion of the elements added to prepare tacos. Moreover, add the meat that is equipped with nutritious value.
Don’t forget to try our other copycat recipes! Comment below about your experience with this recipe. I hope you enjoyed it.