Broiled Haddock recipe was introduced to me by my neighbour who had recently moved in the house adjacent to mine. I happened to visit her home for some important work. The smell of broiled haddock prompted me to ask her.
She told me bout haddock and also served me. Before leaving, I requested her to share the recipe of this yummy dish to which she readily agreed.
I made it at my home and it was delicious. Also, a saltwater fish, haddock is found in the North Atlantic ocean. It is a popular food dish. It is sold fresh, preserved by smoking, freezing, drying or sometimes canning. Haddock along with Atlantic cod and plaice is one of the most popular fish used in British fish and chips.
So, is your mouth watering by merely reading about it? Are you eager to make Broiled Haddock at your home? But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Ahi Tuna Steaks– Ahi Tuna is a fish that is divided into different species called yellowfin and bigeye. The word ahi comes from Hawaiian ahi which is known as yellowtail tuna.
2. Blackened Swordfish– Blackened swordfish is a New Orleans delicacy. Actually the fish is seasoned, briefly seared at high heat until spices and fish’s surface gets blackened but not burnt. Hence the name blackened.
3. Salmon Stir Fry– Salmon Stir Fry is a delightful dish. It is one of my favourite seafood. If you are a seafood lover, then you must surely be excited to know how this is made like I was when I came across this dish for the first time.
4. Boiling Crab– This recipe is one of the best seafood recipes that you’ll ever try. It’s really easy to make it home with just a few easy steps.
Ingredients required for Broiled Haddock Recipe
|Haddock Fillets||2 pounds|
|Onion Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Cayenne Pepper||1/4 teaspoon|
|Butter, cut in small pieces||1 tablespoon|
|Lemon, cut into wedges||1|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||10 minutes||20 minutes|
Broiled Haddock Recipe
- Take a baking sheet.
- Use aluminium foil to line up the sheet and use cooking spray for spraying it. (Also, the oven rack has to be set up about half a feet from heat source.)
- Now, you have prepared the baking sheet, so place haddock fillets over it.
- Take a small bowl. Combine all the ingredients except butter and lemon wedges.
- Now, haddock needs to be seasoned.
- The haddock has to be dotted with butter pieces.
- Now, in the preheated oven broil it for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Lemon wedges can be used to serve the dish.
Nutritional information of Broiled Haddock Recipe
|Total fats||4.7 gm|
|Saturated fats||2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||0.9 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.3 g|
|Vitamin A||398 IU|