Here we bring you something that is recently gaining popularity. It is the Persian or Iranian cuisine; therefore we bring you the food of Iran. The varied flavors they use is their foods’ distinguishing characteristic. The cuisine is well suited to the non-vegans. So here’s an innovation for the chick lovers.
My best friend who stays in Iran came from there last week, I went to meet her at her home and I was literally very excited about to ask her many questions about that country.
I was talking to her about the culture and cuisine of that country and in between, I asked her about her favorite dish, she said I will make it for you now. She made Persian Chicken with Turmeric, Saffron, and Lemon Juice.
After a few hours, she came out with the chicken and it was smelling so good that I could not stop myself from eating and it was so tasty and the best chicken I ever had. Lemon chicken is a ‘heard of dish’, but the saffron flavoring is a ‘pinch of royalty’ to the simplicity. The yellow sight of the dish is due to the use of turmeric, the heavenly taste of the dish is because of the saffron.
Today, I will share the Persian Chicken Recipe with Turmeric, Saffron, and Lemon Juice it becomes a delight on a plate and as delightful in eating. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Thai Chicken Balls– This Thai Chicken Balls dish would remind you of Thai restaurants and give you the pleasure of Thai flavor at home. If you make Thai Chicken Balls at home, you can either give them a small shape or a large one resembling a burger.
2. Coq Au Vin– The recipe includes chicken that is marinated with spices and slow cooked with various fresh and ground ingredients. And the most important ingredient that adds to its taste is red wine.
3. Beef Neck Bones– This Beef Neck Bones recipe requires a lot of time to be tender and luscious, but it’s definitely worth the effort.
4. Baked Split Chicken Breast– The recipe is very famous for its wide variety of natural ingredients. Those ingredients have various health benefits and cure many problems.
Ingredients for Persian Chicken Recipe
|Chicken drumsticks||10 units|
|Chopped onion||1 large unit|
|Turmeric powder||1 tsp|
|Saffron mixed with water||1 tbsp|
|Olive Oil||3 tbsp|
|Black Pepper||1 tsp|
|Ground Cinnamon||1 tsp|
|Ground Cardamon||1 tsp|
|Fresh lemon juice||½ cup|
How much time it will take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 MINS||60 MINS||90 MINS|
Persian Chicken Recipe with Turmeric, Saffron and Lemon Juice
- Rough chop onion and place in a pan.
- Add chicken on top. Season with salt and pepper. Add turmeric. Look at the colour, it just brightens up everything!
- Add 1/2 cup of water cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon. Cover and cook for a half-hour or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Remember to give the whole pan a stir about 10 minutes into the cooking allowing the turmeric to coat the chicken and onions.
- Add yoghurt and Pistachios.
- When chicken is done remove from the pan and keep in a place where it stays warm.
- Add saffron and lemon juice. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- With a hand blender or a regular blender, blend the juice and onion until nice and smooth. Let reduce for a few minutes until the sauce thickens. This should take less than 10 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken drumsticks in a platter and pour the sauce over the chicken.
The delight is ready to savor. The people of Iran have a speciality in serving the Persian Chicken Recipe with rice. So this ready dish can be served with rice to feel the cuisine delighting your taste buds.
Nutritional Facts Of Persian Chicken Recipe with Lemon Juice