Persian chicken with turmeric, saffron, and lemon juice is a great and easy recipe. You need to marinate the chicken in lemon juice, spices, yogurt, and onion and then grill. This is all there to it. You can enjoy it with basmati rice or naan bread.
Persian cuisine is filled with rich and flavorful recipes. You’d think such dishes would require rare ingredients and complex recipes. But that’s not the case. Persian cuisine uses spices in abundance and they know how to use them well. Also, you’ll find yogurt and saffron two major ingredients used in the cuisine used to enhance flavor, aroma, texture, and color.
To make Persian chicken with saffron, turmeric, and lemon juice, add onions, yogurt, and lemon juice to a mixing bowl. Then, add salt, pepper, turmeric, oil, saffron, and chicken to it and mix well. Marinate for 1 hour and then cook the chicken on a grill. Serve with rice, yogurt, and salad.
Out of saffron substitutes? Here is a list of saffron substitutes for you. This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Thai Chicken Balls– This Thai Chicken Balls dish would remind you of Thai restaurants and give you the pleasure of Thai flavor at home. If you make Thai Chicken Balls at home, you can either give them a small shape or a large one resembling a burger.
2. Coq Au Vin– The recipe includes chicken that is marinated with spices and slow cooked with various fresh and ground ingredients. And the most important ingredient that adds to its taste is red wine.
3. Beef Neck Bones– This Beef Neck Bones recipe requires a lot of time to be tender and luscious, but it’s definitely worth the effort.
4. Baked Split Chicken Breast– The recipe is very famous for its wide variety of natural ingredients. Those ingredients have various health benefits and cure many problems.
Persian Chicken with Turmeric, Saffron and Lemon Juice Recipe
- 6 large boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into 2 inches pieces)
- 4 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Saffron Threads
- 400 g Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Boiling Water
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, add onions, lemon juice, olive oil, yogurt, salt, pepper, turmeric, and yogurt and mix well.
- Then, make a fine powder of the saffron and add it to a small bowl. Add the boiling water to it and let it infuse with it for about 10 minutes.
- To the mixing bowl, add the chicken pieces and mix so they gets coated with the mixture. Lastly add the saffron water to iit and mix.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it to marinate for about an hour in the refregerator.
- Now, heat a grill. Take the chicken out of the refregerator and place the pieces on the grill one by one.
- Cook the chicken on the grill from both sides until it becomes slightly charred for about 20 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with rice, yogurt, and salad.