Do you know Ahi Tuna Steaks Recipe? I guess you are also searching it over the internet and while searching for it you came to my blog. If yes, then I must say you are at the right because apart from the recipe. I will tell you about What is Ahi Tuna?
Ahi Tuna is a fish that is divided into different species called yellowfin and bigeye. You will get it from Trader Joe’s or from any supermarket.
What is the difference between Ahi Tuna and Regular Tuna?
You have noticed one thing when you went to a restaurant and you find two different species of tuna fish. The word ahi comes from Hawaiian ahi which is known as yellowtail tuna.
Why is Ahi Tuna better than Regular Tuna?
Because of moisture struggle and the texture and taste is much better than a cooked one.
I learned Ahi Tuna Steaks Recipe from my grandfather who loves to do fishing. Today, I saw Ahi Tuna Steaks in the market and I thought to make them at home. While making Ahi Tuna Steaks, a thought came into my mind to share this recipe with my family over here.
But first, we have to gather the ingredients required to make Ahi Tuna Steaks at home. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Loup De Mer– This recipe is from the Mediterranean region and is consumed in various continents of the world. US, France, UK and many other countries love this recipe and make it often. This recipe is also known as Mediterranean Seabass.
2. Blackened Swordfish– Blackened swordfish is a New Orleans delicacy. Actually the fish is seasoned, briefly seared at high heat until spices and fish’s surface gets blackened but not burnt. Hence the name blackened.
3. Broiled Haddock– It is a popular food dish. It is sold fresh, preserved by smoking, freezing, drying or sometimes canning. Haddock along with Atlantic cod and plaice is one of the most popular fish used in British fish and chips.
4. Salmon Stir Fry– Salmon Stir Fry is a delightful dish. It is one of my favourite seafood. If you are a seafood lover, then you must surely be excited to know how this is made like I was when I came across this dish for the first time.
Ingredients For Ahi Tuna Steaks
|Ahi Tuna Steaks||2|
|Soy Sauce||2 tbsp|
|Sesame Oil||1 tbsp|
|Kosher Salt||1/2 tsp|
|Black Pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Cayenne Pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Canola Oil||1 tbsp|
The time duration for making Ahi Tuna Steaks sometimes vary. But for you people, I have mentioned the duration from my own experience because I know you are very excited to make it on time.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Marination Time||Total Time|
|5 Mins||10 Mins||15 Mins||30 Mins|
When my grandfather was giving me the instructions regarding the recipe, I was very curious to know it. And I know you are also very excited about the recipe too. So you don’t have to wait anymore because we are one step away from the Ahi Tuna Steaks recipe.
Ahi Tuna Steaks Recipe
- Pat the ahi tuna steaks with a paper towel to dry.
- Place the dried ahi tuna steaks inside a plastic bag or on a place.
- With paper towel dry tune steaks. Place it in the plastic bag.
- In a bowl add soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, honey, kosher salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix it properly.
- Spread it over the Ahi Tuna Steaks and coat it thoroughly.
- On a skillet over medium heat, heat canola oil and sear tuna for 5 minutes from both the sides or until it will turn light brown.
- Transfer Ahi Tuna Steaks to cutting board and cool fr sometime. Cut it into slices and spread green onion and sesame seeds over to garnish.
Finally, the Ahi Tuna Steaks are ready to replace your sizzling starters and I will bet you everybody will love it.
Nutritional Facts Of Ahi Tuna Steaks
Eating fish is good for health and I will back this statement by providing you the nutritional breakdown of the nutrients present in the of Ahi Tuna Steak below.
How To Make Ahi Tuna Steaks at Home | Video
I would recommend you guys to watch this video if you are trying this recipe for the first time. This video will guide you to make these Ahi Tuna Steaks perfect.
I hope you will like this recipe and will make this recipe at home. You can share your experiences and reviews with us by commenting down in the comments section below. And for more fish recipes, stay tuned.