Turkey pastrami is delicious pastrami that is perfectly seasoned. It requires a lot of patience to make but is worth the wait. You can make delicious sandwiches with it.
Turkey pastrami is an alternative for high-carb Pastrami that has low carbs and is good for health. Turkey pastrami is healthy and it keeps your cholesterol in control because it has saturated fat control. Turkey pastrami is usually a bit expensive as it requires a lot of patience.
To make turkey pastrami, boil water, sugar, and spices in a pan. Put this mixture along with the turkey in a resealable bag. Refrigerate it for 2 days. Take it out, rub spices over it and refrigerate for 1 day. Meanwhile, soak and then broil the hickory chips. Then, roast the turkey for an hour and slice it.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Tuna Casserole– This recipe mainly comprises pasta, canned tuna, canned peas, and sometimes corn. This delicious recipe is going to be one of your favorite tuna recipes.
2. Joe’s Special Beef and Eggs– This recipe is just a mix of scrambled eggs and beef incorporated with some ground spices and spinach. It got its name after a restaurant called Original Joe’s in San Fransisco introduced a recipe in the 1920s.
3. New England Lobster Rolls– This simply cooked recipe is a treat for all Lobster lovers. Deliciously cooked lobster meat with mayonnaise dressing, stuffed into grilled hot dog buns will make your day.
4. Turkey Liver– Got some turkey liver and don’t know what to do with it? Learn how to cook turkey liver most simply and deliciously.
Ingredients For Turkey Pastrami
|Fresh Turkey Breast||5 pounds|
|Dark Brown Sugar||1/4 cup|
|Kosher Salt||1/4 cup|
|Juniper Berries (crushed)||1/4 cup|
|Freshly Cracked Black Peppercorns||1/4 cup|
|Fresh Garlic Cloves (smashed)||8|
|Red Pepper Flakes||1 pinch|
|Juniper Berries||1/2 cup|
|Black Peppercorns||1/4 cup|
|Dark Brown Sugar||1/4 cup|
|Red Pepper Flakes||1 teaspoon|
|Hickory Chips||1 cup|
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 30 minutes|
Turkey Pastrami Recipe
- Add water, sugar, garlic cloves, salt, juniper berries, black peppercorns, and red pepper flakes in a medium saucepan. Boil it until the sugar dissolves.
- Cool the mixture and place it with the turkey breast in a resealable bag.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- After the turkey brines itself in the resealable bag, remove the bag from the refrigerator.
- Drain the leftovers and dry the breast well.
- In the food processor, pulse red pepper flakes, brown sugar, juniper berries, and black peppercorns.
- Apply this spice mixture over the brined breast. Cover the breast accordingly. Place the covered breast in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Make small pizza box from the heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Soak the chips in water for 15 minutes and preheat the broiler on heat.
- Drain the water from soaked chips and place the chips in to broil for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Take the turkey out from the refrigerator. Preheat the oven for 250oF.
- Place the turkey in it and roast the turkey breast for an hour.
- After the roasting process, cool the turkey breast and cut it into slices.
Nutritional Facts Of Turkey Pastrami