Have your ever tried Pastrami? When I was searching about it, I knew that Pastrami itself is a vide. I have searched about a lot of recipes that have Pastrami but Turkey Pastrami Recipe is my favorite.
I know you must be thinking about What is Turkey Pastrami?
It is an alternative for high carb Pastrami that has low carbs and is good for health. The very next question after reading the last question which arises in your mind is Why we should eat Turkey Pastrami?
Turkey Pastrami is healthy and it keeps your cholesterol in control because it has saturated fat control.
Most of the people have confusion about Why Turkey Pastrami is expensive? To make Turkey Pastrami we have to bring the meat properly and it will be prepared after taking it from different processes that take time to make it possible.
I learned this Turkey Pastrami Recipe when I was in Turkey to explore their traditional cuisine and the reason why I learned it because I found it very interesting. So I thought to share this interesting recipe with all of you.
But first, we have to gather all the ingredients which are required to make Turkey Pastrami at Home.
Ingredients For Turkey Pastrami
|Fresh Turkey Breast||5 Pounds|
|Dark Brown Sugar||1/4 Cup|
|Kosher Salt||1/4 Cup|
|Crushed Juniper Berries||1/4 Cup|
|Freshly Cracked Black Peppercorns||1/4 Cup|
|Smashed Fresh Garlic Cloves||8|
|Red Pepper Flakes||1 Pinch|
|Juniper Berries||1/2 Cup|
|Black Peppercorns||1/4 Cup|
|Dark Brown Sugar||1/4 Cup|
|Red Pepper Flakes||1 tsp|
|Hickory Chips||1 Cup|
You will get all these ingredients from your nearby supermarket and as I have mentioned above that it takes time to make Turkey Pastrami. So, for you have I mentioned the proper timings in the table below.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Mins||120 Mins||150 Mins|
Now is the best and most easy part of the recipe. Usually, this is the part everyone waits for. So, Let’s start making this Turkey Pastrami.
Turkey Pastrami Recipe
- Combine water, sugar, and spice in a medium saucepan with salt and sugar. Heat until the mixture dissolves
- Cool the mixture and place it with turkey breast in a resealable bag.
- For 2-3 days place the bag in the refrigerator.
- After the turkey brines itself in the resealable bag, remove the bag from the refrigerator.
- Drain the leftovers and dry the breast well.
- In the food processor pulse the spice ingredients accordingly.
- Apply the spice mixture over the brined breast and cover the breast accordingly. Place the covered breast in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Make small pizza box from the heavy-duty aluminum foil
- For 15 minutes soak the chips in water and preheat the broiler on heat.
- Drain the water from soaked chips and place the chips in to broil for 5 minutes while stirring.
- With a fork make holes to release the smoke.
- From the refrigerator take the Turkey out and preheat the oven for 250 degrees F. To roast the Turkey Breast place in oven for 60 minutes.
- After the roasting process cool the Turkey Breast and cut it into slices.
Finally, Turkey Pastrami is ready and you can it to your guests.
Nutritional Facts Of Turkey Pastrami
If you are a health-conscious person, then I’ve mentioned the nutritional breakdown of Turkey Pastrami below.
How To Make Turkey Pastrami at Home | Video
To make this recipe with more precision, here is a video that I would prefer. Watch this video because when I made it for the first time I also watched a video.
I hope you guys like this Turkey Pastrami Recipe and please tell us your reviews and experiences in the comments box below. Till then stay safe and stay tuned for more recipes.