Arby’s potato cake is a doodle; you can make it in a trice. This quick copycat potato cake is tempting and filled with nutritional elements. On top of that, the potato cakes come together in just 15 minutes. To prepare the authentic Arby’s potato cake, follow the recipe below.
To make Arby’s potato cake, you only need potatoes, refined flour, egg, salt, black pepper, and vegetable oil. Prepare the potato cake by combining all the components and rolling out the patties. Shallow fry the patties, and you are ready to binge.
Isn’t it a child’s play? Try the recipe and enjoy snacking on the golden crispy potato cakes. Arby’s potato cakes will surely hit the table and impress your guests. Now, without waiting anymore, let’s know more about the recipe.
See the detailed list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions below. Following the right steps will help you to get the potato cakes done right. Before that, let’s check out some other food from some famous restaurants you can try.
1. Arby’s Reuben Sandwich– Arby’s reuben sandwich has the flavor of cheese and dressing combined with corned beef and sauerkraut between two rye bread slices is just a treat for all the sandwich lovers.
2. Arby’s Horsey Sauce– Arby’s is a great place for hamburgers. But there’s one more thing that they have that you need to try. It is the Arby’s horsey sauce made with horseradish, mayonnaise, sugar and salt. It goes great with salads, hamburgers and beef.
3. Whataburger Gravy– Whataburger gravy is super creamy, smooth, and speckled with some rich spices. Perfectly drizzled on the top of chicken steak, fried chicken, soups, and stews, this knockoff gravy is enticing.
4. Whataburger Seasoning– Toss the dry rubs to prepare Whataburger seasoning at home. The seasoning will bring out umami and rich flavor in your food. You can even taste the flavors of Whataburger by making this seasoning in your kitchen.
Why Did Arby’s Stop Making Potato Cakes?
Arby’s has stopped selling potato cakes after the release of new crinkle fries. Crinkle fries replaced the delectable potato cakes.
The restaurant discontinued the iconic potato cakes to evaluate and evolve the menu offering. However, the chain has left room for the potential return of potato cakes.
What Can Be Served With Arby’s Potato Cakes?
An assortment of dishes can be served with Arby’s potato cakes. Some of the best food items are roasted beans, sour cream, roasted chicken, grilled salmon, coleslaw, salads, and sauces.
Moreover, the potato cakes are well-paired with steaks and sausages. The potato cakes can also be served at any time of the day. Be it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The choice is yours!
Will Arby’s Bring Back The Potato Cakes?
Who says the potato cakes won’t return after they were discontinued? Yeah, you heard that right. Arby’s can bring back the fan-favorite potato cakes anytime and appease its customers’ cravings. Meanwhile, try making your version of Arby’s potato cakes with the recipe below.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Arby’s Potato Cakes?
- Saucepan – Boil the potatoes using a saucepan filled with water and a pinch of salt.
- Bowl – Take a large bowl to mash the potatoes.
- Fork – Mash the potatoes with the help of a fork.
- Plate – Form the round potato patties and place them on the plate.
- Frying Pan – Shallow fry the patties in a frying pan.
- Perforated Ladle – Flip over the potato cakes with a perforated ladle.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Arby’s Potato Cakes?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||1 Hour||10 Minutes||1 Hour 15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Arby’s Potato Cakes?
- Potatoes – Take some boiled potatoes to prepare Arby’s potato cakes.
- Refined Flour – Prepare the batter of potato cakes with half a cup of refined flour.
- Egg – The egg will act as a binding agent in the batter.
- Salt – Add a pinch of salt as per your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the batter with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Arby’s Potato Cakes
1. Prep Step
Take a bowl, add boiled potatoes and mash them using a fork or spatula. (You can boil the potatoes in a saucepan). Then, add egg, refined flour, salt, and pepper to the bowl and combine it with mashed potatoes evenly.
2. Roll Out The Patties
Once the batter is ready, begin to make small round-shaped patties. Refrigerate the patties for at least 1 hour. It will help you to achieve a firm texture of potato cakes.
3. Frying Game
Moving forward, place the frying pan over medium heat, and add any vegetable oil to the pan. Take the potato patties from the refrigerator and put them in the frying pan. Fry the Arby’s potato cakes until they are crispy and golden-brown.
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
How Will Arby’s Potato Cakes Look And Taste Like?
Arby’s potato cakes are crispy and tender on the inside. Potato cakes are small round patties prepared with shredded potatoes, flour, and spices. Potato cakes taste is similar to hash browns; the texture will be crunchy and crumbly. You can spice up the potato cakes with your favorite condiments.
Arby’s Potato Cakes Recipe
- Frying Pan
- Perforated Ladle
- ½ cup Potatoes
- ½ cup Refined Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Boil the potatoes in a saucepan filled with water and a pinch of salt. Take a large bowl, add boiled potatoes, and mash them evenly until the mixture is soft.
- Then, add refined flour, one egg, a pinch of salt, and black pepper to taste. Mix all the components evenly until everything is well-incorporated.
- Form small round-shaped patties using the potato cake batter. Put the rolled-out patties in the refrigerator to firm up.
- After some time, heat three tablespoons of vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add the potato cake patties to the frying pan and shallow fry until golden brown.
- Once the potato cakes are ready, take them out on a wire rack or paper towel. It will help you to get rid of any excess oil. Serve Arby's potato cakes with your choice of sauces and enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the ingredients in Arby’s Potato Cakes?
The elements added in Arby’s potato cakes are potatoes, refined flour, egg, salt, black pepper, and oil.
What kind of Mayo does Arby’s use?
The people at Arby’s use low fat mayo or mayo made with olive oil. Generally, the regular Miracle Whip is used more at Arby’s.
What kind of bread does Arby’s use on their market sandwiches?
Arby’s uses the honey wheat bread to prepare the market sandwiches.
Does Arby’s still offer Potato Cakes?
Recently, Arby’s has confirmed that they have removed the potato cakes from the menu. However, the chain has left the room for potential return of potato cakes in the future.
Grab your apron and get started to prepare Arby’s potato cakes at home with us. Refer to the above article and let us know how it goes in the comment section below.