Do you know that during the World War II, when there was a shortage of food, people used to eat fish sticks? The company which introduced the first frozen fish stick was Gorton-Pew Fisheries, commonly know as Gorton’s. Isn’t this amazing. That is the reason why I am here with Fancy Fish Sticks Recipe.
Fancy Fish Sticks are incredible in taste and they are easy to make. The recipe which I bought for you includes halibut, panko – pumpkin seeds, breed crumbs which make these sticks more crunchy and crispy.
The main reason for which I made Fancy Fish Sticks for the first time is that I never tried Fancy Fish Sticks using Halibut. So I checked the recipe on the internet and made it at home.
Believe me, when I made these Fancy Fish Sticks with halibut, they were amazing. So I thought to share the this recipe of Fancy Fish Sticks using Halibut fish, not salmon.
But first, you have to gather all the ingredients required to make Fancy Sticks Recipe at Home.
Ingredients Fancy Fish Sticks
|Reduced-Fat Mayonnaise||1/4 Cup|
|Fat-Free Sour Cream||1/4 Cup|
|Creole Mustard||1 tbsp|
|Fresh Lime Juice||2 tsp|
|Cajun Seasoning||1/2 Cup|
|Canola Oil||1 tbsp|
|All-Purpose Flour||1/2 Cup|
|Freshly ground Black Pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Large-Style Beer||1/2 Cup|
|Creamy Mustard Blend||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Fresh Lime Juice||1 tbsp|
|Large Egg Whites||2|
|Pumpkinseeds Kernels||1/3 Cup|
|Ground Cumin||1 tsp|
|Ground Chipotle Chile Pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Kosher Salt||1/4 tsp|
I know you must be scared after watching the long list of ingredients but don’t worry, you will get all of these from your nearby supermarket.
These Fancy Fish Sticks will not take much time of yours and if you want to know the proper timings, I have mentioned them in the table below.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Mins||25 Mins||40 Mins|
Now, the most awaited part where I will tell you the directions to make classic Fancy Fish Sticks at home.
Fancy Fish Sticks Recipe
- In a bowl, add mayonnaise, sour cream, creole mustard, lime juice, cajun combine the mixture properly to whisk.
- Cover the bowl after you whisk and leave at room temperature.
- At 425° preheat the oven.
- Spray cooking spray on a baking sheet and spread the oil to heat for 15 minutes.
- In a shallow dish, add egg whites, egg, flour, black pepper, beer, mustard blend, and lime wedges.
- With a spoon stir the mixture until it will look foamy.
- In a blender, blend chipotle pepper, panko, pumpkin seeds and cumin.
- In a shallow dish, add the mixture.
- Sprinkle the salt on the fish.
- Dredge the fish in the flour mixture first, then in egg mixture, and at last in panko mixture properly.
- From the oven, remove the baking sheet and place the dredged fish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve the fish after the baking process with sauce and lime wedges.
Finally, Fancy Fish Sticks are ready. Make this delightful snack at your home and you’ll love it.
Nutritional Facts Of Fancy Fish Sticks
As we all know eating fish is good for health but Are these Fancy Fish Sticks healthy too? That’s why I have mentioned the nutritional facts table below from where you will come to know how healthy it is.
How To Make Fancy Fish Sticks at Home | Video
This recipe of Fancy Fish Sticks is very simple to make but still, I have added a video below and recommend you all to watch this video. This video will help you in making this snack.
I hope you all have liked this Fancy Fish Sticks. Do try it once at your home and share your experience with us in the comments below. I will definitely try to cover it in the foodxp blog.