Rumbledethumps is a dish made from potatoes and cabbage. Its recipe is quite simple as compared to its name.
Rumbledethumps is a traditional dish that has its origin from the Scottish borders. It is basically served as a main dish and is very special in Scotland. There is an amazing story associated with rumbledethumps. In the 4th series of BBC television program Great British Menu, which aired in 2009 chef, Tom Kitchin cooked it as a part of their Scottish menu.
To make Rumbledethumps, first add water, salt and potatoes. On a medium flame, add butter and put the cabbage in it. Take this cabbage and put it along with potatoes and mash everything properly. Top it with cheese and bake it. Your rumbledethumps is ready to serve.
Till now, you have just seen the summary. The steps for the recipe are mentioned below and I am sure you can easily make it. Moving further, we will be starting up with the ingredients required. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Patatas Bravas– Patatas bravas is a great option to try if you are going for a Spanish cuisine. The original recipe consisted of bite-sized, irregular chunks of fried potatoes dressed with a spicy sauce consisting of a lot of tomatoes and served hot.
2. Cullen Skink- This soup basically originated in Scotland and is very famous over there and is considered a local specialty. Cullen skink got its name from a town named ‘Cullen’ in the Moray area of Scotland.
3. Stewed Corn– Corns are a good source of nutrients that we should take into our diet. You must have tried steamed corns or fried corns. But have you ever tried a corn stew?
4. Chicken-In-a-Biskit Strips– These crispy and delicious Chicken Biscuits Strips can be a treat for you if you are a chicken lover.
- 400 g Swede
- 600 g Peeled and cut Potatoes
- 250 g Sliced Savoy Cabbage
- 75 g Unsalted Butter
- 25 g Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Balck Pepper
- Firstly, preheat the oven. Then, take a pan and add water, salt, and potatoes to it and then bring it to a boil.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain the water from the pan.
- Now, take another pan and put it on medium flame. Add in the butter and melt. Then, toss in the cabbage and cook for 2-3 minutes till it gets soft.
- Take out the cabbage and put it along with the potatoes, swede and more butter. Mash everything properly using a masher.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Top it with cheese and cover it. Bake it in the oven for 30 minutes, then uncover the vegetables and cook it further for 15 minutes until properly cooked and then serve.