Want to make a recipe with leftover potatoes? If yes, then today I will be sharing the recipe of Rumbledethumps with you all.
Rumbledethumps is a traditional dish that has its origination from the Scottish borders. It is basically served as a main dish and is very special in Scotland. There is an amazing story associated with rumbledethumps, In the 4th series of BBC television programme Great British Menu that aired in 2009 chef, Tom Kitchin cooked it as a part of their Scottish menu.
To make Rumbledethumps, first add water, salt and potatoes. On a medium flame, add butter and put the cabbage in it. Take this cabbage and put along with potatoes and mash everything properly. Top it with cheese and bake it. Your rumbledethumps is ready to serve.
Till now you have just seen the summary, the proper specifications for the recipe are yet to come ahead and I am sure you will enjoy making the recipe as it is very easy. Moving further, we will be starting up with the ingredients required.
Ingredients For Rumbledethumps
- 400g Swede
- 600g Peeled and Cut Potatoes
- 250g Sliced Savoy Cabbage
- 75g Unsalted Butter
- 25g Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Black Pepper (for taste)
Grab all the ingredients quickly and get ready to cook the recipe. Nextly let’s check out the time it will take to be made.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Rumbledethumps?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 minutes||45 minutes||1 hour 15 minutes|
Let’s move on to the procedure to cook it.
Steps For Rumbledethumps
- Firstly, preheat the oven, take a pan, add water, salt, and potatoes, and then boil it.
- Now when it gets cooked, drain the water from the pan.
- Now take another pan and put it on medium flame, add in the butter and then toss in the cabbage for 2-3 minutes till it gets soft.
- Now take out the cabbage, put it along with the potatoes, swine, add more butter, and mash everything properly using a masher.
- Now do the seasoning with salt and black pepper.
- Now top it with cheese, cover it, bake it in the oven for 30 minutes, then uncover the vegetables and cook it further for 15 minutes until properly cooked and then serve it.
Your wonderful combination of mashed potatoes and cabbage is ready. You and your family are going to love it.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Rumbledethumps
The calories and fats present in rumbledethumps has been mentioned below in the table.
How To Make Rumbledethumps At Home | Video
This rumbledethumps is quite easy to make at home. But still needs some guidance if you are trying them for the first time at the home. So I would recommend you this video which will help you in various steps.
I hope you have liked this video and will surely make this recipe at home. Please let us know your valuable comments and experiences about this recipe in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.