The KFC 11 secret herbs and spices are the life and soul of the KFC fried chicken. The secret herbs and spices are what make the KFC chicken so special. They add the spicy warmth and herby freshness to the chicken. For years, this was the best-kept secret of KFC. But much to our joy and their dismay, this secret is out!
Today, I am going to tell you the 11 secret herbs and spices that you can add to the flour. The seasoned flour will be the breading for your delicious homemade KFC chicken. You can make the spice rub beforehand and then mix it with some flour, brown sugar, and salt, and you’re all set.
The spice rub is very easy to make (I mean very). In this recipe, the phrase “knowledge is power” stands true. You just need to know what the spices and herbs are. You can obviously figure out the rest. So, without wasting any time, let’s see the KFC 11 secret spices and herbs.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make KFC 11 Secret Spices and Herbs?
- Large Bowl – Use a large bowl to combine all the herbs and spices.
- Whisk – Mix the spices and herbs using a whisk.
- Air-Tight Container – Once you have made the KFC 11 secret spices and herb mix, store it in a clean, dry air-tight container until further use.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make KFC 11 Secret Spices and Herbs?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||–||10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make KFC 11 Secret Spices and Herbs?
- Paprika and Chili Powder – Add a little hotness to your spice mix with some paprika and chili powder.
- Onion Salt and Celery Salt – Add some onion salt and celery salt to the mix to give it an allum aroma and fresh yet earthy flavor.
- Rubbed Sage – Rubbed sage adds herby, earthy, and peppery taste to the mix.
- Garlic Powder – Garlic powder adds a mild and roasted garlicky flavor to the spice and herb mix.
- Ground Allspice – The ground allspice adds tases mainly of nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon.
- Ground Oregano – Add a sweet, earthy, and slightly peppery taste to the mixture with some ground oregano.
- Black Pepper – Add a peppery and earthy touch to the mix with some black pepper.
- Basil Leaves – Basil leaves add a sweet and peppery aroma and flavor to the mix.
- Marjoram Leaves – Marjoram adds a strong warm and herby taste to the mix.
Steps To Make KFC 11 Secret Spices and Herbs
1. The Secret Formula
Hold tight! I am going to tell you to make the KFC secret spice and herb mix. In a large bowl, add paprika, onion salt, celery salt, rubbed sage, garlic powder, ground allspice, ground oregano, chili powder, black pepper, basil leaves, and marjoram leaves. Then, mix them with a whisk. That’s it! Your spice and herb mix is ready!
Transfer this spice rub into an airtight container to store it until you want to use it. Then, mix it with flour, sugar, and salt and dredge your chicken into it. Fry your chicken until it’s golden brown and you’re good to go!
|Saturated Fat||0.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
How Will The KFC 11 Secret Spices and Herbs Look And Taste Like?
The KFC 11 Secret Spices and Herbs look exactly like one would expect them to. They have the red and green shades of the herbs and spices with a few browns and blacks here and there. The spice mix has a peppery, spicy, earthy, and herby aroma to it. It makes the chicken spicy, savory, and herby when added to the breading.
KFC 11 Secret Herbs and Spices Recipe
- Large Bowl
- Air Tight Container
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Onion Salt
- 1 teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1 teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Ground Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Basil Leaves (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon Marjoram Leaves (finely crushed)
- In a large bowl, add paprika, onion salt, celery salt, rubbed sage, garlic powder, ground allspice, ground oregano, chili powder, black pepper, basil leaves, and marjoram leaves. Then, mix them with a whisk.
- Transfer this spice rub into an airtight container to store it until you want to use it. Then, mix it with flour, sugar, and salt and dredge your chicken into it.
These were the KFC 11 secret spices and herbs. Use them to make the KFC like fried chicken at home and tell me your views in the comments. It’s time to take your leave, See you with another recipe next time.