Eggs are one of the best things to have for breakfast. For all the egg lovers, I am sharing the egg bull’s eye recipe today. This is widely known as a sunny-side-up egg, half-fried egg or single fried egg.
Egg bull’s eye gets ready in just 5 minutes. All you need to do is, take a slice of bread and cut a circle out of it. Spread the butter all over the bread slice and cook it till it turns brown.
Flip the slice and crack the egg in the hole directly. Cook it by covering the pan until the yolk is softly cooked.
Any slice of bread will work in this recipe, but some great options include Texas Toast, whole grain, or sourdough.
This was just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Huevos Rancheros– This recipe is a typical breakfast with fried eggs, corn tortillas and a perfect warm topping of salsa. It is the best Mexican breakfast you will ever have.
2. Pot Congee– Pot congee promotes good health and also helps in better digestion. According to the doctors, pot congee is very simple and digestive food and it also supplements blood into the body.
3. Buttermilk French Toast– The buttermilk French toast Recipe has everything that you desire, right from eggs to buttermilk. Simple and easy to make, it requires just about 30-35 minutes of your precious time and is definitely worth a try.
4. Overnight Blueberry French Toast– Overnight blueberry French toast is an amazing recipe made of delicious blueberries, eggs, milk, bread, cream cheese, vanilla, maple syrup, sugar, and butter. It is nothing like the traditional French toast recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Egg Bull’s Eye?
- Pan – Take a non-stick pan to prepare the egg bull’s eye.
- Spatula – Brown the bread slice from both the sides by flipping it with a spatula.
- Cookie Cutter – Cut and take out the circle from the bread with a cookie cutter.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Egg Bull’s Eye?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|2 Minutes||5 Minutes||7 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Egg Bull’s Eye?
- Butter – Toast the bread with melted butter until crispy and brown.
- Eggs – For making egg bull’s eye take eggs according to the servings and fry with sunny side up.
- Bread – I have used whole meal bread for the recipe as it has a hearty and slightly sweet flavor.
- Salt – Salt will intensify the egg flavor.
- Pepper – Season the egg with pepper to add some spice.
Steps To Make Egg Bull’s Eye
1. Circle The Bread
For an appropriate shape of egg bull’s eye or sunny side up, you can simply use a cookie-cutter. You can also cut out a circular hole on the bread using a small glass.
Take two slices of bread, and cut the circle out from the bread with a cookie cutter. Grease the bread with butter and toast until brown and crispy.
2. Bull’s Eye In Making
Grease the pan with a teaspoon of butter and break the egg in between the toasted bread. Season salt and black pepper on the top.
Use a flat spatula to remove the egg bull’s eye on a plate. Serve warm!
How Will Egg Bull’s Eye Look And Taste Like?
Egg bull’s eye looks exactly like sunny side up. It tastes delicious and fulfills all your cravings. Egg bull’s eye is usually cooked until the egg whites become opaque and fully white. The yolks will be runny.
As with other dishes, it can be cooked a little longer until the bottom is crispy or with a sprinkle of water to cook perfectly. It depends on personal preference. It is usually not flipped but some people like to do it that way too.
Egg Bull’s Eye Recipe
- Cookie Cutter
- 2 slices Whole-Wheat Bread
- 4 tablespoon Softened Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- Take a bread slice and cut out a circular hole from the bread using a cookie cutter.
- Spread butter on the leftover slice and cover all the corners of the bread.
- Take a non-stick pan and cook the bread over the medium-high flame till it turns golden brown.
- Flip the slice and add butter to the hole.
- Directly crack an egg in the hole. Cover the pan and cook till you get the egg cooked as per your preference.
- Serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is it called egg bull’s eye?
If the same preparation is made in a slightly higher heat, the edges of the eggs will be browned and crispy. It looks like a lace around the eggs and are called Lacy Eggs. The above preparation is also known as Bulls Eye Egg or Half Fry in India.
Is Bull’s Eye Egg good?
In fact, bull’s eye is the best option (but maybe go easy on the butter). Because when you make a bull’s eye, you are undercooking the yolk and not overcooking the white. That helps in retaining the nutrients.
What is the difference between omelette and bullseye?
The main difference between this and Omelette is, here the white and yellow portion of egg is clearly visible after frying (this is because the egg is directly broken on tava, so whisking of egg is not done. Bullseye is called so because half fried or one side fried egg looks like a big EYE.
What is another name for egg bullseye?
There are many names for the dish, including “bullseye eggs”, “eggs in a frame”, “egg in a hole”, “eggs in a nest”, “gashouse eggs”, “gashouse special”, “gasthaus eggs”, “hole in one”, “one-eyed Jack”, “one-eyed Pete”, “pirate’s eye”, and “popeye”.
Try the recipe for egg bull’s eye at home and share your reviews and experience while making the recipe. I will be glad to know your reviews.
Also, I would like to hear your suggestions regarding any recipe. Let me know if you like to know about the certain recipe. I will be delighted to help you. Bon Appetite!