Chipotle is one of the most popular mexican restaurants in America. The recipe I will be sharing with you all today is Carne Guisada from Chipotle. This is a hearty dish and makes a great meal and is one of the most popular dishes of the restaurant.
It is a Latin Beef Stew and is a perfect meal for dinner. I tried this recipe for the first time in a Chipotle outlet and was taken aback. I surfed the internet for some exciting stew recipes and found this one. It caught my attention as we can fill it in the tortillas or have it as a meal itself. It is a great dish to cook and will be loved by everyone.
To make Chipotle’s authentic Carne Guisada, cook the beef until it gets brown. In a slow cooker, add the browned beef with condiments. Cover it and cook for a minimum of 6 hours. Make sure to cook until the meat becomes tender. Voila! The dish is ready to serve.
You must be wondering what other condiments are to be used in this recipe. Well, you will get all the details of them below. To clear this thought of yours, check out the list of ingredients mentioned. Fetch them and get started.
Ingredients For Chipotle Carne Guisada
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus 2 tablespoons sauce
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, flour tortillas, chopped tomatoes, and shredded lettuce, optional
The ingredients you need for this recipe are readily accessible at any supermarket. Just make a list of what you already have and what you want from the supermarket. Also, take a look at the time required to make Chipotle’s authentic carne guisada.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Chipotle Carne Guisada?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|30 minutes||6 hours||6 hours 30 minutes|
Cooking tender meat takes more time as compared to other recipes. As we need to cook beef properly for Chipotle’s Carne Guisada, it will take a bit longer to be prepared. But do not stress out yourself. Your patience will bring a perfect dish to the table. It will be worth the efforts. Let’s see how to cook it.
Steps To Make Chipotle Carne Guisada
- Take a large skillet to heat oil over medium-high flame. Cook beef till it turns brown. Transfer it to a slow cooker of 3 qt. Now add tomato sauce, water, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic, chili powder, cumin, bouillon, salt, and pepper.
- Cover it and cook for 6-8 hours. Cook until the meat gets tender.
- As the meat gets tender, it is ready to serve.
You can serve this with rice, flour, tortillas, chopped tomatoes, and shredded lettuce.
Nutritional Breakdown of Chipotle Carne Guisada
Check out the calorie count of this recipe.
How To Make Chipotle Carne Guisada At Home | Video
Do refer to the video of a similar recipe that I have uploaded to help you in every step of the recipe. This will make it easier for you to cook.
Is there still any question in your mind regarding the recipe? If yes, then leave your question in the comment section below. I will try to make every detail clear with my best knowledge. I hope you like them as much as we like them sharing with you. Have a good day!