One of the most famous sandwiches at Subway is their tuna sandwich. And today, I am going to tell you how you can make the exact Subway tuna sandwich at your home.
I don’t understand why would you want to pay extra at Subway when you can make these sandwiches at your home very easily. There was a time when I visited Subway very frequently, but now I always make these sandwiches at home as I can customize them according to my needs. Let’s see how easy it is to make these sandwiches.
For Subway’s Subway Tuna Sandwich, you’ll need mayo, tuna, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion, cheese slices and bread. First, refrigerate the tuna chunks in a bowl. Then add mayo, lemon juice and salt. Put this mixture on bread. Then place lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and cheese in the bread. The sandwich is ready.
This was just a brief about how Subway makes their sandwiches. To know the exact copycat recipe, make sure you follow the complete recipe below. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. In-N-Out Double-Double– In-N-Out Double-Double Burger is one of the tastiest hamburgers and its recipe is almost 70 years old. The reason why this burger is so popular is because of the crispiness of the buns, the size of the relish, the best beef to use and much more.
2. Chipotle Carne Guisada– It is a Latin Beef Stew and is a perfect meal for dinner that is served by Chipotle, one of the most popular Mexican fast-food chains in America.
3. Starbucks Grilled Cheese Sandwich– Starbucks is popular for their coffee drink. But another item that is popular on their menu is their grilled cheese sandwich that you can easily make at home.
4. Taco Bell Tostada– Tostada is a golden tortilla of crispy consistency and rough mixture in Mexican cuisine. It is flat to hold all of the toppings. Being one of the tastiest food, Taco Bell Tostada is quite famous among a wide section of people.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Subway Tuna Sandwich?
- Bowl- A large bowl would suffice to mix all of the ingredients needed to make the Subway tuna sandwich.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Subway Tuna Sandwich?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||–||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Subway Tuna Sandwich?
- Mayonnaise– The custardy texture of the mayonnaise will help you in making a smooth mixture for the sandwich.
- Tuna Chunks– It is advisable that you shred the tuna chunks. The mild and tender flavor of fish is the star of the dish.
- Tomato, Lettuce, Pickle and Red Onion– These are some of the basic veggies which must be added to the sandwich for a good crunch. You can, however, add more veggies if you feel like.
- Cheese Slices– Add some cheesy goodness to the sandwich with two slices of cheese.
- Salt– Add according to your taste preferences.
- Bread– If you are looking for a healthier option, it is strongly advocated that you should try multigrain bread or brown bread.
- Lemon Juice– Add some zest to the sandwich with lemon juice.
Steps To Make Subway Tuna Sandwich
1. Make the Tuna Mix!
In a large container, add chunks of tuna that have been refrigerated overnight. Add a dollop of mayonnaise and mix it well. To this mixture, add salt and lemon juice.
2. Wrap it Up
Take a toasted slice of bread and spread this mixture evenly. You can add the vegetables you would like to go along with it. I personally love to to top it up with crunchy lettuce, cheese and savory pickles.
How Will Subway Tuna Sandwich Look And Taste Like?
Subway Tuna Sandwich Recipe
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 cans Tuna Chunks
- 4 Tomato slices
- ½ cup Shredded Lettuce
- 6 Pickle Slices
- 3 slices Red Onion
- 2 Cheese Slices
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 Bread
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- In a bowl, add tuna chunks and refrigerate them.
- Add mayonnaise and mix it well.
- After that, add lemon juice and salt mix it properly.
- Take a piece of bread and put the mixture on it.
- Now, put shredded lettuce on the bread. Then put tomato slices and onion rings on it. On top of the onions, add pickle slices and cheese.
- Place the other side of the bread on it and your subway tuna sandwich is ready to serve.
Now, it’s time for you to make these awesome Subway tuna sandwiches at your home. I request you to leave your valuable suggestions and queries in the comment section below. I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.