Chicken demi-glace is one of the best sauces to serve with red meats like roasted and grilled steaks. So, today let’s learn to make this recipe.
Demi-glace is French cuisine and is made by simmering bones. You can also try this recipe using chicken wings or chicken bones. But in our version of our recipe, we are going to make the recipe by using chicken wings. Now, brace yourself to make the awesome recipe.
Chicken demi-glace can be prepared by simmering chicken wings in a pot and extracting the flavor. Remove the bones and add white wine, onion, carrot, celery, leek, peppercorns and bay leaves in it. Boil and cook for 1-2 hours. Cook once so that the mixture gets reduced by three-fourths.
Now, let’s see the ingredients required for making the recipe and get started with the recipe. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Hoffman House Cocktail Sauce– Hoffman house cocktail sauce is best paired with seafood. So the next time you are buying shrimps, make sure to try out this recipe.
2. Mac and Cheese Bar– Mac and cheese bar is an appetizing dish that you can make for your loved ones. This dish is also a preferable option for hosting large gatherings.
3. Thai Sweet Chili Sauce– The sauce is also known as nam chim kai in Thailand. I prefer to have it with grilled fish, spring rolls and chicken wings. You can also use honey or brown syrup in the sauce.
4. Tomato Basil Pizza Sauce– The tomato basil pizza sauce really makes some awesome pizzas. This version of the sauce has some extra ingredients which make it different than the traditional pizza sauce.
Chicken Demi-Glace Recipe
- 1 lb. Chicken Wings
- 3 qt. Cold Water
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 ½ cup Chopped Onions
- 1 cup Chopped Carrot
- ¼ cup Chopped Celery
- ¼ cup Chopped Leek
- 1 tablespoon White Peppercorns
- 1 Bay leaves
- Firstly, place chicken wings in a stockpot and fill the complete pot with water.
- Simmer until all the flavor is extracted from the chicken and its meat falls apart.
- Now, remove all the bones and boil it over a high flame and add white wine, onion, carrot, celery, leek, peppercorns, and bay leaves in it.
- Cook the whole mixture until it comes to a boil.
- When it boils, reduce the flame and cook it for 1 to 2 hours.
- After that, skim the surface, strain it and return broth to stockpot.
- Again, bring to a boil over a high flame and cook the mixture until reduced by three-fourths.
I hope you have liked this recipe of chicken demi-glace. Make it at your home. Please share your experiences and reviews with us by commenting down in the comments section below.