British chef and restaurateur Jamie Oliver is one of the best-selling British authors and best-selling British non-fiction author. He is known for his approachable cuisine and some of Jamie Oliver’s books have been made into television shows. Also, he was awarded a Member of the Order of the British Empire. He also has restaurants of his own.
I saw Jamie Oliver cooking on a television channel when I was 15 years old. I really wanted to try to make any of his recipes. Since my father loved seafood, I picked up Jamie Oliver’s seafood linguine recipe and tried to cook it. Everybody loved it and it quickly became one of my favorites. I have been making it ever since.
To make Jamie Oliver’s seafood linguine, cook the linguine. In a pan, heat some oil. Fry the prawns in it. Add garlic, capers, anchovies and chilly paste to it. Add sliced squid and white wine. Boil until it is bubbly. Add scallops and cook. Remove from heat and stir in the linguine. Sprinkle chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Garnish with extra virgin olive oil.
Below, I am sharing the details of Jamie Oliver’s delicious and delightful seafood linguine recipe with you. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver’s Seafood Linguine?
- Non-Stick Pan- Use the non-stick pan to cook the seafood and bring the whole dish together.
- Pan– Boil the pasta in the pan.
- Knife and Spatula– Use the knife for chopping and the spatula for stirring.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver’s Seafood Linguine?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||20 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver’s Seafood Linguine?
- Linguine- The smooth and long pasta goes great with the seafood.
- Olive Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil- Use olive oil for frying and extra virgin olive oil for drizzling at the end.
- Seafood (Prawns, Scallops, and Squids)– The prawns, scallops, and squid rings ake the pasta delicious and meaty. You can use any other seafood you like.
- Baby Capers and Chili Paste– These two add hotness to the recipe.
- Anchovies– Anchovies bring the taste of the sea to the pasta and make it salty and delicious.
- Mixed Color Cherry Tomatoes– The cherry toamtoes make the pasta vibrant and delicious.
- Dry White Wine– White wine helps cook the seafood better.
- Garlic– Garlic is necessary to pasta like vanilla essence is to baking. It makes everything better.
- Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley– Use the parsley to garnish the pasta. It makes it herby fresh.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver’s Linguine
1. Cooking The Seafood
Take a non-stick pan and heat a tablespoon of olive oil in it. Cook the prawns in it from both sides. The put garlic, capers, chopped anchovies and chilly paste into it. Let it fry for 2 minutes until they soften slightly. Slice the squid into rings and add them to the pan as well.
Now, pour over the white wine and wait for it to bubble away while keep stirring it frequently.
2. Linguine Al Dente
Meanwhile, in another pan, cook the linguine al dente in boiling salted water. Then, drain it but reserve a mugful of the starchy cooking water.
3. Bring ‘Em Together
After that, add sliced scallops to the non-stick pan, followed by the cooked linguine. Add the finely chopped parsley to it as well and stir in it. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil over it.
|Saturated Fat||4.3 g|
How Will Jamie Oliver’s Seafood Linguine Look And Taste Like?
The pasta is absolutely delicious and look vibrant too.The tomatoes, seafood, and parsley give the pasta a lot of color. You can taste the seafood. The baby capers and chili paste make the pasta hot but it’s not too much. It goes really great with the seafood. The garlic makes the aroma of the pasta irresistible. Also, the linguine is smooth and definitely the right choice of pasta for this recipe. I give Jamie Oliver’s seafood linguine a 10/10.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Fish And Chips– Gordon Ramsay is a brilliant chef. His recipe for fish and chips is one of the best and really famous. Fish and Chips is one of the most popular breakfast items in the UK and Gordon Ramsay is a chef who makes the best fish and chips.
2. Bobby Flay’s Shrimp ‘n’ Grits– This recipe is perfect when you don’t know what to make. It is simple to make and anyone can make it. It has a rich texture with a lot of flavors. It also has bacon, which automatically makes it 100 times better.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Lobster Capellini– Chef Gordon Ramsay’s lobster capellini recipe is a delight to have with the delicious lobster pasta sauce. Not many people can make an excellent lobster sauce like this.
4. Gordon Ramsay Peruvian Chicken– I love all things chicken. But when we talk about chicken recipes, nothing beats Gordon Ramsay’s recipe for the Peruvian chicken. Crispy and juicy chicken served along with green sauce and salad, this recipe is a great one to try.
Jamie Oliver’s Seafood Linguine Recipe
- Non-Stick Pan
- Knife and Spatula
- 250 g Linguine
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 large Raw Prawns
- 3 Raw Scallops
- 2 small Squids
- 1 teaspoon Baby Capers (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Anchovies (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Paste
- 200 mg Mixed Color Cherry Tomatoes
- 75 ml Dry White Wine
- 1 clove Garlic (chopped)
- 15 g Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley (finely chopped)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Take a non-stick pan. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a high flame.
- Add the prawns and dry them quickly from both sides. Put chopped garlic, chopped capers, chopped anchovies and chilly paste into it. Let it fry for 2 minutes and soften it slightly.
- Meanwhile, slice the squid into rings and add them to the pan.
- Now, pour over the white wine. Wait for it to bubble away and also keep stirring it frequently.
- In the meantime, take another pan and put salted water into it for boiling. Cook the linguine. Then, drain it and reserve a mugful of the starchy cooking water.
- Take the scallops and slice them in half lengthways. Now, add them to the pan.
- To loosen it to a lovely silky salt, toss the drained linguine with enough cooking water into the seafood pan.
- Take the finely chopped parsley and stir in it.
- Sea salt and black pepper are to be used for perfect seasoning. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil for garnishing.
That was it for this recipe. Tell me how well you liked the recipe in the comments. You can also leave your suggestion or any queries that you have in the comments. I’ll find them and get back to you. Till then, happy eating!