Do you know that British chef and restaurateur Jamie Oliver is the second best selling British author and best selling British non fiction author?
Known for his approachable cuisine, some of Jamie Oliver’s books have been made it into television shows. Also, he was awarded a Member of the Order of the British Empire. No doubt, Jamie Oliver has opened many restaurants of his own.
I came across him when I was 15 years old on a television channel. I was stunned by him. When I researched him, I was amazed to find so many books to his credit. Since my father loved seafood we picked up Jamie Oliver’s Seafood Linguine and tried to cook it. My father made it with perfection and it was quite delicious. I too learnt the Jamie Oliver’s Seafood Linguine Recipe while assisting him. We used to make it for every occasion and our guests showered praises on the father-daughter duo.
Here, I am sharing the recipe of lip-smacking and delightful dish: Jamie Oliver’s Seafood Linguine recipe with you.
Ingredients Required for Jamie Oliver’s Seafood Linguine Recipe
|Baby Capers||1 tsp|
|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
|Large Raw Peeled Prawns (from sustainable sources)||6|
|Chilli Paste||1 tsp|
|Mixed Color Cherry Tomatoes||200 mg|
|Small Squid Cleaned and Gutted (from sustainable sources)||2 (50 g total)|
|Dry White Wine||75 ml|
|Raw scallops trimmed (from sustainable sources)||3|
|Fresh flat-leaf parsley (15g)||1/2 a bunch|
|Fresh Linguine||250 g|
|Extra virgin olive oil||Garnishing|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Total time|
|15 minutes||15 minutes|
Jamie Oliver’s Seafood Linguine Recipe
- Take a non-stick pan. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a high flame.
- Add the prawns and dry it quickly from both sides.
- Put peeled and finely sliced garlic, chopped capers, chopped anchovies and chilly paste into it.
- Let it fry for 2 minutes and soften it slightly.
- Meanwhile, the squid is to be sliced into rings and add them to the pan.
- Now pour over the white wine. Wait for it to bubble away and also keep stirring it frequently.
- In the meantime take another pan and put salted water into it for boiling. Cook the linguine (as per manufacturer’s instructions).
- Now drain it and reserve a mugful of the starchy cooking water.
- Take the scallops and slice them in half lengthways. Now add them to the pan.
- Eventually, remove them from heat and let the scallops cook in the residual heat.
- To loosen it to a lovely silky salt, toss the drained linguine with enough cooking water into the seafood pan.
- Take parsley, chopped it finely and stir in it.
- Sea salt and black pepper are to be used for perfect seasoning.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil for garnishing.
Nutritional information of Seafood Linguine Recipe