Jamie Oliver seafood linguine is a delicious delicacy. Loaded with linguine pasta, prawns, scallops, squids, and some rich elements, it satiates your cravings. Prepare this delectable combination right in your kitchen.
Before we proceed with the recipe, let me tell you that British chef and restaurateur Jamie Oliver is one of the best-selling authors and a great chef. He is well-known for his delightful recipes.
To make Jamie Oliver seafood linguine, cook the linguine until al dente. In a pan, heat some oil and fry the prawns in it. Add sliced squid, garlic, capers, anchovies, chili paste, and white wine. Boil until it is bubbly.
Add scallops and cook. Remove from heat and stir in the linguine. Sprinkle chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Garnish with extra virgin olive oil.
You can vary the seafood you use in this dish really easily based on availability and preference. Crab, shrimp, or lobster meat is great, but any combination of these ingredients will work.
Find out the detailed list of required equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions to make the recipe. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Fish And Chips – Gordon Ramsay is a brilliant chef. His recipe for fish and chips is one of the best and really famous. Fish and Chips is one of the most popular breakfast items in the UK and Gordon Ramsay is a chef who makes the best fish and chips.
2. Bobby Flay’s Shrimp ‘n’ Grits – This recipe is perfect when you don’t know what to make. It is simple to make and anyone can make it. It has a rich texture with a lot of flavors. It also has bacon, which automatically makes it 100 times better.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Lobster Capellini – Chef Gordon Ramsay’s lobster capellini recipe is a delight to have with the delicious lobster pasta sauce. Not many people can make an excellent lobster sauce like this.
4. Gordon Ramsay Peruvian Chicken – I love all things chicken. But when we talk about chicken recipes, nothing beats Gordon Ramsay’s recipe for the Peruvian chicken. Crispy and juicy chicken served along with green sauce and salad, this recipe is a great one to try.
What's In The Post
What Are The Tips To Make Jamie Oliver Seafood Linguine Recipe?
- Seafood should not be overcooked, so I include step-by-step instructions on timing so your dish will turn out perfectly!
- Busiate pasta is not a very popular shape here in the US, but it is traditionally served with seafood in Italy. If you can’t find linguine pasta, no problem. Just use another, like busiate, spaghetti or a shorter pasta.
- To make sure this dish is flavorful, be sure to use good quality seafood and pasta. The quality of the ingredients is key, even down to the garlic and parsley. It truly makes a difference!
What Seafood To Use In Seafood Linguine?
We used a mixture of large scallops and shrimp, but you can use whatever seafood you like! You could even sear a few filets of salmon or another fish and place it on top of the pasta if that is more up your alley.
If you use scallops, rinse them well, as they tend to hide sand inside them (not the crunch you’re looking for in a dish, I promise). They go so well with white wine. Yum!
Choose a nice dry white wine that you love to drink – this recipe has a lot of wine, so that you will notice the difference.
How To Cook Frozen Seafood?
Frozen seafood is as good as fresh seafood. It is often fresher than the seafood at the fish counter. With the technological advances of freezing seafood shortly after it’s caught, frozen seafood is a great option for a high-quality, lean protein.
So, we have some tips for when you forget to take the fish out of the freezer or have nothing in the fridge to make for dinner.
- It is completely acceptable to cook raw foods from frozen, but you need to increase your cooking time (about 50%). You can try almost any technique – sauteeing, pan-searing, roasting, broiling, grilling, or steaming.
- If cooking from frozen, always rinse seafood under cold water to remove any ice glaze and pat dry with a paper towel.
- You can thaw seafood in leak-proof packaging by submerging it in cold tap water – yes, cold water! It works surprisingly fast.
- Use the microwave to defrost the fish in short intervals until the fish is still icy but pliable. You can even cook fish in the microwave.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Seafood Linguine?
- Non-Stick Pan – Use the non-stick pan to cook the seafood and bring the whole dish together.
- Pan – Boil the pasta in the pan until tender.
- Knife – Chop the veggies using a sharp knife for the recipe.
- Ladle – Stir in all the elements with a ladle until well combined.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Seafood Linguine?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||20 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Seafood Linguine?
- Linguine – Linguine is a smooth and long pasta that goes great with seafood.
- Prawns – Prawns will add a bit sweeter and meatier taste to the seafood linguine.
- Scallops – Scallops will add a delicate but distinct flavor with a slightly sweet and buttery taste.
- Squids – The squid rings will make the pasta more delicious and meaty.
- Chili Paste – Spice up the linguine pasta with a teaspoon of chili paste.
- Dry White Wine – White wine helps cook the seafood better.
- Olive Oil – For frying the prawns, scallops, and squids, use two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Drizzle a splash of extra virgin olive oil on the top and serve.
- Mixed Color Cherry Tomatoes – The cherry tomatoes make the pasta vibrant and delicious.
- Anchovies – Anchovies bring the taste of the sea to the pasta and make it salty and delicious.
- Baby Capers – Capers bring out heat to the linguine pasta.
- Garlic – Garlic is necessary to pasta like vanilla essence is to baking. It makes everything better.
- Parsley – Use the parsley to garnish the pasta. It makes it herby fresh.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Seafood Linguine
1. Cooking The Seafood
Take a non-stick pan and heat a tablespoon of olive oil in it. Cook the prawns in it from both sides. Now, add garlic, capers, chopped anchovies, and chili paste into it. Let it fry for two minutes until they soften slightly.
Slice the squid into rings and add them to the pan as well. Now, pour over the white wine and wait for it to bubble away while stirring it frequently.
2. Linguine Al Dente
Meanwhile, in another pan, cooks the linguine al dente in boiling salted water. Then, drain it but reserve a mugful of the starchy cooking water.
3. Bring ‘Em Together
After that, add sliced scallops to the non-stick pan, followed by the cooked linguine. Add the finely chopped parsley to it as well and stir in it.
Season with salt and pepper and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil over it.
|Saturated Fat||4.3 g|
How Will Jamie Oliver Seafood Linguine Look And Taste Like?
The pasta is delicious and looks vibrant too. The tomatoes, seafood, and parsley give the pasta a lot of color. You can taste the seafood. The baby capers and chili paste make the pasta hot, but it’s not too much. It goes great with seafood.
The garlic makes the aroma of the pasta irresistible. Also, the linguine is smooth and the right choice of pasta for this recipe. I give Jamie Oliver seafood linguine a 10/10.
How To Store And Freeze Jamie Oliver Seafood Linguine?
Leftovers of this seafood and pasta dish will be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight sealed container for a few days. Reheat over medium-low heat in a saucepan, adding more tomato sauce or water to keep the pasta from sticking to the pan.
Freezing is not recommended for this dish. Pasta such as linguine can be frozen, but you’d have to cook it just to al dente so that it won’t become mushy when you reheat it.
Seafood doesn’t typically freeze and reheat well without becoming rubbery or overcooked. If you like, you could freeze the sauce and add fresh seafood to it upon reheating.
Jamie Oliver Seafood Linguine Recipe
- Non-Stick Pan
- 250 g Linguine
- 6 large Raw Prawns
- 3 Raw Scallops
- 2 small Squids
- 75 ml Dry White Wine
- 1 teaspoon Chili Paste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200 mg Mixed Color Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Anchovies (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Baby Capers (Chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (Chopped)
- 15 g Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley (Finely Chopped)
- Take a non-stick pan. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a high flame.
- Add the prawns and dry them quickly from both sides. Put chopped garlic, chopped capers, chopped anchovies and chilly paste into it. Let it fry for 2 minutes and soften it slightly.
- Meanwhile, slice the squid into rings and add them to the pan.
- Now, pour over the white wine. Wait for it to bubble away and also keep stirring it frequently.
- In the meantime, take another pan and put salted water into it for boiling. Cook the linguine. Then, drain it and reserve a mugful of the starchy cooking water.
- Take the scallops and slice them in half lengthways. Now, add them to the pan.
- To loosen it to a lovely silky salt, toss the drained linguine with enough cooking water into the seafood pan.
- Take the finely chopped parsley and stir in it.
- Sea salt and black pepper are to be used for perfect seasoning. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil for garnishing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many calories are in seafood linguine?
Jamie Oliver’s seafood pasta has 467.7 calories.
What is the difference between linguine noodles and spaghetti noodles?
The primary difference between linguine and spaghetti is that linguine is a flat noodle, while spaghetti is round. Wheat. Linguine and spaghetti are traditionally made with durum or semolina flour.
How long do you pan fry prawns?
Combine prawns with soy sauce and deep fry until brown and crispy.
Can I use linguine instead of fettuccine?
Yes, Linguine is sometimes substituted for fettuccine at home.
That was it for this recipe. Tell me how well you liked the recipe in the comments. You can also leave your suggestion or any queries that you have in the comments. I’ll find them and get back to you. Till then, happy eating!