The tomato basil pizza sauce really makes some awesome pizzas. This version of the sauce has some extra ingredients which make it different than the traditional pizza sauce.
The sauce is very easy and versatile to make. You can also use the sauce in pasta. If you don’t like the acidity in the sauce, then you can also add some brown sugar to it. You can also store the pizza sauce in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
The first step in making tomato basil pizza sauce is to season the tomatoes with salt, onion powder, pepper, oregano, red chili powder. Apply some oil and bake them. Now, saute garlic and basil. Then, add roasted tomatoes to them and put some tomato paste. Mash them and stir until they form a paste.
Don’t be confused if you didn’t understand the recipe; this was just an overview of the recipe. The full steps are mentioned below. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Calabrian Sauce– Want to spice your food up? If yes, then there can nothing be better than Calabrian sauce. The recipe is very easy and efficient to make.
2. Chicken Demi-Glace– Chicken demi-glace is one of the best sauces to serve with red meats like roasted and grilled steaks.
3. Melba Sauce– Whenever I think of making something from raspberries, melba sauce is on my priority list. This sauce is an awesome add-on for waffles, ice cream and pancakes.
4. Thai Sweet Chili Sauce– The sauce is also known as nam chim kai in Thailand. I prefer to have it with grilled fish, spring rolls and chicken wings. You can also use honey or brown syrup in the sauce.
Tomato Basil Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- 8 Tomatoes
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- ½ tbsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Fresh Basil
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees and line a baking sheet.
- Now put the tomatoes on the baking sheet and put a stuck piece of garlic in each tomato.
- Season the tomatoes with salt, onion powder, pepper, oregano, red chili powder and brush some olive oil on the top of the tomatoes for extra taste.
- Now, put this into the oven for around 15 minutes.
- Then, remove the roasted tomatoes and heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and basil, and cook for around 30 seconds.
- Then, put your roasted tomatoes in the pan and stir well for around 7 minutes.
- Now, put some tomato paste in the pan and stir or mash the tomatoes until they come in the form of a paste.
- Now, put the paste in a bowl and let it cool at room temperature.
- For better taste, you can refrigerate your paste for around 1-2 days.
Now, make some appetizing pizzas by using the sauce and tell us your experience with the recipe in the comment section below.