At the very outset, saffron is one of the oldest and most famous spices in the world. Infamous for its color, flavor, texture and the most important its immense health benefits. Widely used in many dishes, saffron is one of the important spices in them, enhancing taste.
Coming to Saffron Oil, it is definitely one of the most important oils with immense benefits for health including skin and hair. This Saffron Oil made at home although being time-consuming, is a much sought after and preferred recipe.
Making Saffron Oil at home is certainly economical and helpful considering its wide uses. You may be wondering it must be a hectic process requiring a lot of stuff. But to your relief, its major ingredients are dry white wine, olive oil and saffron threads.
Making Saffron Oil at home is now a simple and achievable task. So, you have got the ultimate Saffron Oil Recipe by virtue of this blog. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Preserved Lemons– These lemons play a vital role in North African kitchens. They use them to bring a great taste to stews, sauces and some other recipes to add a tang to them.
2. Spinach Dip– Quick to make, Spinach Dip is a classic dish and a hit for every party. Everybody loves this appetizer or party dip as Spinach Dip is referred to. Obviously, spinach is the main ingredient in this lip-smacking dish.
3. Mannish Water– The benefits of the ingredients that we are going to use in this Goat Soup, also known as Mannish Water are essential for the body, and that’s one reason why the Jamaican population is so strong and healthy.
4. Coconut Rice– Coconut rice is a dish prepared by soaking white rice in coconut milk or cooking it with coconut flakes.
Ingredients for making Saffron Oil
|Dry white wine||2 tablespoon|
|Saffron threads||2 tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 cups|
You can get all these ingredients from any supermarket near your home. Now let’s take a look at how much time is it required to make Saffron Oil at home,
How Much Time Would It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time (excluding storing time)|
|5 minutes||25 minutes||30 minutes|
Now you have the ingredients and you know the exact timings required to make Saffron Oil. So without more, let’s check out the recipe for what we’ve been waiting for. Yes, I am talking about the Saffron Oil recipe.
Saffron Oil Recipe
- Take a saucepan.
- Over medium-high, heat saffron and oil until liquid gets absorbed completely.
- Next. stir in olive oil.
- Let it cool down completely. Take sterilized jars and pour this liquid into them.
- After sealing properly, allow it to develop flavor in a cool and dark spot for about two days.
- Place the oil in the refrigerator for sometime before using it.
By following all the steps mentioned above, your Saffron Oil is ready.
Saffron Oil Nutritional Information
I’ve told you above that Saffron is good for our health. So to back that statement, I’ve added a nutritional breakdown of the nutrients present in the Saffron Oil.
How to Make Saffron Oil at Home| Video
I’ve added a recipe video of Saffron Oil below, so it’ll be easier for you to make this at home.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe. Do make Saffron Oil at home and share your reviews in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.