Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make chicken marinade? If so, you should try chipotle chicken marinade! It is perfect for slathering over grilled steak or meat dishes.
The key to this recipe is to use fresh ingredients and to allow the chicken to marinate for at least two hours. It will give the chicken time to absorb all the marinade flavors.
To make Chipotle chicken marinade, blitz the Chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, honey, spices, and herbs in a food processor until it forms a puree.
Transfer the puree to a zip-lock bag, place the chicken pieces and shake well to coat. Please remove it from the refrigerator after 8 hours, a few minutes before cooking.
The Chipotle chicken marinade is a great way to add flavor to your chicken. To make it even better, we recommend using fresh Chipotle peppers if you can. They will have more flavor than canned or dried peppers.
Add smoked paprika and Chipotle peppers to the marinade if you want to give the chicken a smoky flavor. A bit of honey or agave nectar will also go well for a sweeter marinade.
Read on for a step-by-step guide on how to make Chipotle chicken marinade. You’ll be amazed at how simple it is to make this delicious chicken marinade!
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Chipotle Chicken Marinade?
- Food Processor – Blitz the Chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, honey, spices, and herbs in a food processor until it forms a puree.
- Zip-Lock Bag – Transfer the puree to a zip-lock bag for marinating the chicken.
- Knife – Thinly slice the chicken breast and peel the garlic cloves with a knife.
- Chopping Board – Slice the chicken and peel the garlic on a chopping board for fine cutting.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Chipotle Chicken Marinade?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||8 Hours||8 Hours 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chipotle Chicken Marinade?
- Chicken Breasts – You can marinate any chicken cut, but I strongly recommend chicken breasts as they can take no time to get ready.
- Honey – Honey will help tenderize chicken, giving a distinctive barbecue flavor to the food as it caramelizes.
- Adobo Sauce – Adobo sauce is used to marinate chicken, tenderizing tough meat and brightening the flavor.
- Lime Juice – Lime juice will balance out the smokiness of the chipotle peppers and also adds a bright note to the dish.
- Chipotle Peppers – The key ingredient in Chipotle chicken marinade is, of course, chipotle peppers. These smoked and dried peppers give the dish its characteristic smoky flavor.
- Olive Oil – Oil will help retain the moisture and stick the seasonings.
- Garlic Cloves – Garlic is used in many marinades as it is known to tenderize meat.
- Cumin – Cumin is used for its earthy flavor and also because it is known to aid in digestion.
- Oregano – Add oregano while making the marinade to give an intense flavor with a refreshing note to the chicken.
- Salt – Salt will help the flavors in the marinade penetrate.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper will add a complex flavor profile of piney and citrusy notes to the chicken.
Steps To Make Chipotle Chicken Marinade
1. Coat Them
Thinly slice the chicken breast as it will help marinate quickly and peel the garlic cloves.
In a food processor jar, pour two tablespoons of honey and adobo sauce with one tablespoon of lime juice and olive oil.
Add chipotle peppers, oregano, cumin, peeled garlic cloves, salt, and black pepper.
Blitz the ingredients until it forms a puree.
2. Cool Down Chicken
Transfer the puree to a zip-lock bag. Place the chicken pieces in the zip lock bag and shake them to coat each piece.
Once coated and place the bag in the refrigerator. Turn the chicken occasionally and let it rest for about 8 hours.
When you are ready to cook the chicken, remove it from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking and let it cool down. Enjoy!
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Vitamin A||105 iu|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
How Will Chipotle Chicken Marinade Look And Taste Like?
Chipotle chicken marinade smells good and tastes great. It is tangy, packed full of flavor, and enhances the chicken flavor.
The Chipotle peppers in this recipe give the chicken a smoky flavor, while the lime juice and cilantro add a fresh and zesty taste. This dish is sure to be a hit at your next barbecue!
Chipotle Chicken Marinade Copycat Recipe
- Food Processor
- Zip-Lock Bag
- Chopping Board
- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts (Boneless)
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoon Adobo Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 4-5 Chipotle Peppers
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 large Garlic Cloves
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Thinly slice the chicken breast and peel the garlic cloves.
- In a food processor, pour two tablespoons of honey and adobo sauce with one tablespoon of lime juice and olive oil.
- Add Chipotle peppers, oregano, cumin, peeled garlic cloves, salt, and black pepper.
- Blitz the ingredients until they form a puree.
- Transfer the puree to a zip-lock bag. Place the chicken pieces in the zip lock bag and shake them to coat each piece.
- Once coated and placed the bag in the refrigerator. Turn the chicken occasionally and let it rest for about 8 hours.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, remove it from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking and let it cool down. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Chipotle chicken marinade?
The Chipotle chicken marinade is spicy and flavorful, made with Chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, lime juice, garlic, and other seasonings. It’s perfect for grilling, smoking, or baking chicken.
How do you make the Chipotle chicken marinade?
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Then, pour the marinade over your chicken and let it sit for at least 30 minutes (ideally longer) before cooking.
What are some tips for making the best Chipotle chicken marinade?
Here are a few tips to help you make the best Chipotle chicken marinade:
– Use fresh, high-quality ingredients. It will make a big difference in the flavor of your finished dish.
– If you’re sensitive to spice, start with just one or two chipotle peppers and add more to taste. You can always add more heat, but you can’t take it out once it’s in there!
– Be sure to let your chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes, but longer is better. It will give the flavors time to penetrate the meat.
– When cooking the marinated chicken dipped in sauce or seasoning, ensure to cook it on indirect heat. It will prevent the sauce from burning and ruining your chicken.
Why is Chipotle chicken marinade so spicy?
The Chipotle chicken marinade is spicy as it has a smoky and spicy flavor that comes from two primary ingredients: Chipotle peppers and adobo sauce.
Use fresh, high-quality ingredients to make a perfect Chipotle chicken marinade. It will ensure that your chicken is flavorful and moist. Try this Chipotle chicken marinade; if you want a delicious way to spice up your chicken.