Hey Mexican lovers! Planning to make something new in Mexican cuisine? How about replicating the famous Chipotle pinto beans copycat recipe?
The beans are packed with smoky and spicy flavors – thanks to the addition of chipotle peppers. Super easy, quick cooking – read further to know the recipe.
Start by soaking the pinto beans overnight. The next day, heat the oil in the pot. Add beans, onion, garlic, chipotle peppers, cumin, oregano, and salt. Mix well. Cook for two hours, so the flavors are infused in the beans. That’s all. It’s ready.
While making pinto beans, soaking them in water is quite important. Soak them overnight, so they will become soft and need less cooking time. Moreover, you can replace water with chicken stock for more flavors to cherish.
So, ready to try it out? Then note down the recipe steps below. Also, find equipment details, ingredient lists, and nutritional facts. Let’s jump straight into the recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Chipotle Pinto Beans?
- Bowl – Combine water and beans into the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Spatula – Use a wooden spatula to mix the ingredients.
- Pot – Fill the pot with water, combine all ingredients, and simmer.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Chipotle Pinto Beans?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||4 Hours||2 Hours||6 Hours 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chipotle Pinto Beans?
- Pinto Beans – Pinto beans are known for their nutty flavor. They are good sources of protein and fiber. Add them to the dish.
- Water – Use water to make broth, depending on your preference. The broth will add more flavor to the dish.
- Oil – Use oil to saute onions and garlic. You can choose either vegetable oil or peanut oil for more flavors.
- Onion – Onions add nice flavor and texture to the beans. YOu can add red or white onion as you like.
- Garlic – To add depth of flavor, add garlic. It also adds a nice fragrance to the dish, which you’ll relish in every bite.
- Chipotle Peppers – Add two chipotle Peppers for the spicy kick.
- Cumin – Cumin is a spice that adds a warm, earthy flavor to the beans.
- Oregano – Add oregano for its slightly sweet, spicy flavor that it adds to the beans.
- Salt – Balance the dish’s overall taste with a pinch of salt.
Steps To Make Chipotle Pinto Beans
1. Soak Overnight
Rinse the beans in a colander and then soak them in a large pot of water for at least four hours or overnight.
2. Cook With Veggies
Drain the beans and return them to the pot. Add the onions, garlic, olive oil, chipotle peppers, cumin, oregano, and salt to the pot.
Pour in the water and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for two hours or until the beans are tender.
Stir in the vinegar. If the beans are too soupy for your taste, remove the lid and continue cooking until the desired consistency is reached.
3. Serve Hot
Serve the beans hot with your favorite toppings like cilantro, cheese, or sour cream. Enjoy! Chipotle pinto beans are ready.
How Will Chipotle Pinto Beans Look And Taste Like?
Chipotle pinto beans have a rich, deep flavor with a hint of spice. The dish is creamy, has a tender texture, and has a lovely brown shade.
The beans give an amazing nutty taste. Use them for taco filling or pack them in burritos – they taste just amazing.
Chipotle Pinto Beans Recipe
- 1 Ib Pinto Beans
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 Chipotle Peppers
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak the pinto beans in water for four hours.
- Drain and return to a pot with the onions, garlic, olive oil, chipotle peppers, cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Add the water and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for two hours.
- Stir in the vinegar, remove the lid and continue cooking until the beans reach your desired consistency.
- Serve hot.
- Chipotle pinto beans are ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are Chipotle pinto beans made of?
Chipotle pinto beans are cooked with water, salt, and a blend of spices, including cumin, oregano, and bay leaves.
Can I use canned pinto beans instead of dried beans?
Use canned pinto beans instead of dried beans. Drain and rinse the beans, and then add them to the pot with the onions, garlic, and other ingredients. Simmer for twenty minutes.
Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
You can make this recipe in a slow cooker. Combine the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low heat for eight hours.
How many calories are in Chipotle’s pinto beans?
A serving of Chipotle’s pinto beans contains about 130 calories. However, calories depend on how the beans are cooked and served.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
You can freeze the leftovers of this recipe. Let the beans cool to room temperature, transfer them to an airtight container, and freeze them for up to three months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator and then heat on the stovetop or microwave.
Well, that’s a wrap on this recipe! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make these flavorful and protein-packed beans at home. These beans will be handy to prepare with your favorite veggies if you’re a vegan.
And with the option to make them in the slow cooker, they’re super convenient for any home cook. Thanks for joining us on this culinary adventure; look at this space for cooler recipes.