Does it feel like a task to decide the menu for a tea party at your home? Do you prefer to cook something that is delicious yet simple? Well, we have a mouth-watering fix for you. Chicken hot dogs are perfect for such small get-togethers as they can be prepared in just about 10-12 minutes. A big bite of a Chicken Hot Dog feels like a mini party in the mouth. The amalgamation of simple yet crunchy textures in the mouth is something to die for.
I grew up eating chicken hot dogs for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was my go-to food. My mum kept altering the ingredients to make it healthy for us. But, my favorite was always the authentic Chicken Hot Dog, wrapped in a soft bread loaf, covered in cheese, doused in tomato and mustard sauce and piled with my favorite toppings.
Though, hot dogs aren’t considered healthy for daily consumption, but are certainly a great source of protein and Vitamin B12 and can be eaten occasionally (to tame those tickling taste buds).
So, let me share the recipe of the Chicken Hot Dog that my mum makes because it is just the most delicious one. You will love how this quick recipe gives you the yummiest Hot Dogs. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Baked Parmesan Chicken– Baked Parmesan Chicken is an easy to cook delight. A tender and delicious chicken recipe, Parmesan Chicken is oven-baked within half an hour.
2. Pastrami Sandwich– Pastrami Sandwich is also considered as New York’s signature sandwich. I had my first Pastrami sandwich in one of New York’s restaurants. Since then, I crave for the sandwich as good as they serve.
3. Chicken Taco– The cuisines of Mexico are world-famous but people love the most is Chicken taco which is the favorite dish of Mexico and everyone loves to eat Chicken taco.
4. Granny’s Fried Chicken– If you are craving for a crunchy and tasty fried chicken but cannot go all the way to the states to relish this chicken. Then this recipe is going to your savior for sure. With this recipe’s help, you can make the best tasting crunchy chicken in your kitchen itself.
Ingredients for Chicken Hot-Dog
|Cheddar Cheese||40 gm|
|Tomato Sauce||10 ml|
|English Mustard||10 ml|
|Chili Powder||1 gm|
|Lettuce leaves||20 gm|
|Potato Fingers||100-150 gm|
|Hot Dog Bread||1 Bun|
|Vegetable Oil||1 tbsp|
|7 inch chicken sausage||1|
|Raw Onion Rings||30 gm|
|Chopped Lettuce||30 gm|
Most of the required ingredients would surely be available in your kitchen already. It’s a quick recipe; so, let’s see how much time we need to have in our kitty to prepare Chicken Hot Dogs.
How much time will it take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Garnishing Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||5 Minutes||2 minutes||12 Minutes|
Now you’re all set to bring out the chef in you and start with the cooking. Down below is the process, check it out!
Chicken Hot Dogs Recipe
- Firstly, prepare the cocktail sauce by mixing the English Mustard, Tomato Sauce and Mayonnaise in one bowl and leave it to settle.
- Now, slightly toss the chicken sausage in 1 tbsp of vegetable oil on a hot pan and grill it well until all sides are lightly browned and crispy.
- Fry the potato fingers separately to make golden brown French Fries.
- Slit the hot dog bun in two and warm it in a flat pan on low flame for about 20-30 seconds.
- The bun is ready to be layered with cocktail sauce on the inside.
- Stuff the loose-leaf lettuce in the bun and place the grilled sausage on it.
- Add a few raw onion rings.
- Spread some more of cocktail sauce on it.
- Top it up with chili powder and cheddar cheese to make it creamy. Place the other half of the bun on top.
- Plate the hot dog, chopped lettuce and onion rings along with a handful of French Fries. Click a picture and serve hot!
Nutrition Breakdown Chicken Hot Dogs
I’ve told you above that these Chicken Hot Dogs are healthy for daily consumption, but these hot dogs can be a good source of protein and vitamins. That’s why I’ve added a nutritional breakdown of these Chicken Hot Dogs below.
|Total Fat||6 g|
Note- This breakdown of nutrients is for 1 serving size (38g).
How to Make Chicken Hot Dogs at Home | Video
To make the making process easier for you all, I’ve added a recipe video below.
I am sure your mouth would be watery already. Who are you waiting for? Go, try the Chicken Hot Dog recipe and relish it. Do come back here to let us know how it tasted and share it with your friends and family too.