We all ate different kinds of cakes but one thing which makes the cake look attractive is his frosting. Frosting of cake elevates the taste and gives the cake a creamy texture.
One day, I was at my friend’s home and she was making a cake by using different kinds of frosting which I never saw. I found that frosting very interesting. When I asked her, she said this frosting is called Coconut-Pecan Frosting. It is mostly used to make German chocolate cakes.
After listening to this valuable information from her side, I asked about Coconut-Pecan Frosting Recipe. She gave me the recipe and If I talk about today, is my mom’s birthday. And I made the cake at home with the Coconut-Pecan Frosting.
My mom loved the cake and after listening to her appreciation, I thought to share Coconut-Pecan Frosting Recipe with my sweet lover over here. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Thickened Cream– Thickened cream is actually whipped cream but thicker. For a perfect dessert or to make an awesome pound cake, this cream would be a perfect idea.
2. Vanilla Custard Cups– This recipe will make your tastebuds enjoy a roller coaster ride and you will make this recipe every time you crave something sweet.
3. Peanut Butter Blossoms– Homemade peanut butter blossoms are the quintessential Christmas cookie and trademark of any holiday cookie tray. My classic recipe yields soft, peanut buttery, and easy-to-make festive cookies.
4. Pecan Crackers– These pecan crackers are a great snack or appetizer. Serve these at your next party and your guests will be begging for the recipe.
Ingredients for Coconut-Pecan Frosting
|Chopped Pecans||2 Cups|
|Evaporated Milk||12 ounces|
|Sugar||1 1/2 Cups|
|Flaked Coconut||2 Cups|
|Vanilla Extract||1 1/2 tsp|
When I was watching my friend making that frosting. I thought it took a lot of time to make but it is an easy recipe which took less time also. From the table I have mentioned below you will come to know about the proper timings.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Prepration Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Mins||15 Mins||30 Mins|
I know you people are very excited to know the recipe but you don’t have to wait more because we are just one step away from the recipe.
Coconut-Pecan Frosting Recipe
- At 350°, preheat the oven.
- In a single layer, place pecans on a shallow pan for 10 minutes to bake, until toasted.
- Cool them after removing them from the oven.
- In a saucepan, add milk, sugar, egg yolks, and butter. Over medium heat, cook for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Cook until sugar dissolves, until the mixture becomes light for 15 minutes.
- When you remove the saucepan from heat, tremble in vanilla, coconut, and pecans. Place it in the bowl.
- Leave the mixture for 45 minutes to stand.
Finally, Coconut Pecan Frosting is ready. Spread this frosting on cookies or cake and it’ll elevate their flavour.
Nutritional Facts Of Coconut Pecan Frosting
This is the list of nutritional breakdown that will give you all the nutritional figures, if you are a diet concsious person.
How To Make Coconut Pecan Frosting at Home | Video
If I talk about myself, I am the type of person who loves to try new things while watching it live. For everyone out there like me, I’ve added a video of the recipe of Coconut-Pecan Frosting below.
Now you are ready to make the Coconut-Pecan Frosting at your home. And if you have other recipes that have a very special connection with your childhood, let me know in the comments section below.