Beans are a great source of protein, fiber, and iron. They also help you to stabilize blood sugar. I will be sharing today a recipe for canned refried beans. Not only is the recipe quick to make, but you will also obtain different health benefits from it.
The prefix ‘Re’ in refried has its origin in the Spanish language meaning ‘again’. The foremost part of making canned refried beans is “mashing”. Canned refried beans are is a food item that I can eat every day. Making this recipe at your home is quite easy.
To make canned refried beans, take a saucepan, add olive oil, onion, and garlic, stir until tender. In the same saucepan, add beans, cumin, chili powder, lime, and salt. Stir the mixture over medium-high heat until smooth. Then, remove from the stove and mash the beans. Finally, your canned refried beans are ready to eat.
Turn your homemade canned refried beans into restaurant-style beans with the simple recipe. All you need to do is go to the recipe card, check out the detailed instructions and ingredients. You can also explore this similar video for the recipe.
Canned Refried Beans Recipe
- 1 Saucepan
- 3 (15 ounce can) Refried Beans
- ½ White Onion (finely diced)
- 2 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Add olive oil, onion and garlic to the saucepan.
- Stir until tender, over medium-high heat.
- Add beans, and mix thoroughly with the onion and garlic. Stir until smooth.
- Then add cumin, chili powder, lime and salt. Stir to mix.
- Remove the saucepan the stove and mash the beans till you get the desired consistency.
- Top it up with cilantro, and cotija cheese if desired.