Wendy’s Taco Salad is one of the famous salads served by the restaurant. This salad has the element of freshness in it with a contrast of flavors from Wendy’s chili. You can find this classic salad on their regular menu. However, if you want to skip the drive-thru and prepare Wendy’s salad at home, I am here to help!
To make Wendy’s taco salad, add cooked ground beef, onions, celery, garlic cloves, pinto beans, kidney beans, olive oil, crushed tomato, chili powder, pepper, and salt to make Wendy’s chili. Place fresh hand-cut lettuce on a plate. Add diced tomatoes, and scoop Wendy’s chili on it. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream, and salsa.
The chili’s filling and the toppings transform the salad into something magical. All in all, Wendy’s salad hits all the senses. In case you want a low-sodium and low-fat version of this salad, avoid tortilla chips in the recipe. Moreover, you can substitute ground beef with a leaner protein like chicken or turkey. So what are you waiting for? Prepare this copycat Wendy’s salad at home; it will be delicious and healthy.
The step-by-step instructions are mentioned below to make Wendy’s taco salad. Also, have a look at the similar video provided down the recipe card. You can also save it for later or some special occasion breakfasts. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other appetizing salads from our blog. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Wendy’s copycat recipes from our website.
1. Wendy’s Chili – Looking for the best chili recipe? Well, your search ends here. Wendy’s chili is a delicious mixture of beef, beans, vegetables, and spices. All the flavors come together to give you the best bowl of chili you ever had.
2. Wendy’s Frosty – Wendy’s frosty is a drink known for its smooth and delicious taste. It is also fun to make. Just blend some condensed milk and cool whip with yummy frozen chocolate cubes. In the end, you’ll have a delicious frosty dessert drink, all to yourself.
3. Wendy’s Baconator – The Wendy’s Baconator is perhaps the most loved Wendy’s burger. The juicy fresh beef patty is topped with mayonnaise, cheese, vegetables, and crispy roasted bacon. If you weren’t a Wendy’s fan before this, you’ll definitely become one after eating the Baconator.
4. Wendy’s Seasoned Potatoes – Wendy’s seasoned potatoes are crispy, flavorful, and baked. The potatoes are cut into wedges and then seasoned with herbs and spices. Then, they are baked to give you those beautiful golden-baked wedges.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Wendy’s Taco Salad?
- Saucepan – Take a saucepan for preparing the chili by mixing all the elements.
- Bowl – Chop the veggies in the bowls.
- Ladle – By using a ladle, stir in the spices, veggies, and beans while making the chili.
- Salad Bowl Plate – For dressing and serving, use a salad bowl plate.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Wendy’s Taco Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||40 Minutes||55 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Wendy’s Taco Salad?
For Wendy’s Chili
- Ground Beef – Chili is made by using half a cup of ground beef blended with other elements.
- Pinto Beans – Despite being small beans, pinto beans are full of earthy and nutty flavors.
- Kidney Beans – Along with pinto beans, the kidney beans are cooked in water to prepare the chili.
- Yellow Onions – Add some chopped yellow onions to make the chili. It gives sweet and savory flavors to the chili.
- Celery – Celery will bring out herbaceous flavors while added to the chili.
- Garlic – Add a teaspoon of minced garlic for pungent and aromatic flavors.
- Beef Broth – As it takes time to cook the chili, you will need enough liquid to tenderize the beef. Use a cup of beef broth for making the chili. It will keep the veggies from drying out.
- Olive Oil – Saute the veggies in a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Crushed Tomatoes – A freshness to your culinary creation is added by using crushed tomatoes. It is the best element to be used in making chili.
- Chili Powder – Add a little spice in the chili as per your taste. If you wish the chili to be spicier, you can add a teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Cumin Powder – Cumin powder will give a base to chili powder if added at the early stage of cooking.
- Coriander Powder – It is great if you add a teaspoon of coriander powder. Ground coriander has a citrusy flavor that lifts the chili’s flavor. It even aids digestion.
- Salt – Add salt as per your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the chili with a pinch of black pepper.
- Dried Oregano – A teaspoon of oregano adds herbal flavors.
- Sugar – For sweetness, you can add a pinch of sugar. It balances the spices. However, it is completely optional.
- Cayenne Pepper – As cayenne peppers add heat to your chili, add according to your taste preference.
- Romaine Lettuce – Romaine lettuce is an amazing option for salad dressing. It is crunchy and highly nutritious.
- Beefsteak Tomato – Add beefsteak tomato slices to your salad. Place it on the lettuce when you plate the salad. Beefsteak tomatoes have mild flavors. It is an ideal choice for salads and a perfect complement to any dish.
- Cheddar Cheese – Shred some cheddar cheese on the top of your salad.
- Tortilla Chips – Tortilla chips add crunchiness to the salads. Place the tortilla chips over the sides of your salad.
- Sour Cream – Garnish homemade Wendy’s salad with a tablespoon of sour cream.
- Salsa – A salsa is a combination of veggies mixed with seasoning and spices. Top the salad with a teaspoon of salsa.
Steps To Make Wendy’s Taco Salad
1. Chili Break
We will start by preparing the chili for the salad. Take a saucepan, add olive oil and saute diced onions and celery. Saute them for 2 minutes. Then add minced garlic and ground beef. Mix it well and immediately stir in the spices like cumin, coriander, chili, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. After cooking for 5 minutes, add crushed tomatoes, pinto beans, kidney beans, and beef broth. Over medium heat, cook for 35 minutes or until the broth is soaked up. Turn off the flame when it is cooked.
2. Dressing Prep
For the salad, place the Romaine lettuce and beefsteak tomatoes on the plate. Pour the chili in the middle and surround it with the tortilla chips. Season it with shredded cheddar cheese, salt, and black pepper. Finally, top your copycat Wendy’s salad with sour cream and a teaspoon of salsa.
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|
How Will Wendy’s Taco Salad Look And Taste Like?
Wendy’s Salad looks colorful and appetizing. When you try the first bite, you can feel the freshness of aromatic flavors. The soft and spicy beans are blended so well with the ground spices.
Wendy’s Taco Salad Recipe
For Wendy's Chili
- 1 pound Ground beef (extra lean)
- 1 can Pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can Kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 Yellow onions (diced)
- 3 stalks Celery (fine chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Dried oregano
- Sugar (optional)
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 bunch Romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 beefsteak Tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Tortilla chips
- 1 teaspoon Sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Salsa
- Saute onions and celery for 2 -3 minutes in olive oil. Then, add ground beef and minced garlic.
- Stir in cumin, coriander, chili, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes to brown the ground beef.
- Add pinto beans, kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, c beef broth, olive oil, coriander, pepper, and oregano to the pot.
- Cover the pot and wait while it simmers for 35 minutes stirring every 10 minutes. Your Wendy’s chili will be ready.
- Put 6 ounces of lettuce on each plate. Add 1 cup of warm chili on top of lettuce.
- Garnish the salad with shredded cheddar cheese, sliced beefsteak tomatoes, tortilla chips, sour cream, and 2 teaspoons of salsa.
- Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is in the Taco Salad from Wendys?
Taco salad from Wendy’s includes chili made using ground beef and some spices. The salad has a beautiful bed of Romaine lettuce topped with chili, tortilla chips, tomato slices, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and salsa.
2. How do you assemble Wendy’s Taco Salad?
Place the hand-torn Romaine lettuce on the plate. Pour the chili in the middle. Place the tortilla chips on the top. Then finally, garnish it with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
3. How Healthy Is Wendy’s Taco Salad?
Wendy’s taco salad is a healthy option as it contains fiber, protein, carbs, and sodium. Now to add the right amount of each, refer to the recipe article of Wendy’s salad on our website.
4. How much does a Wendy’s Taco Salad cost?
Wendy’s taco salad is available in two sizes. The half costs you $4.59, and the full costs you $6.49.
5. What kind of salads does Wendy’s serve?
Wendy’s serves different salads that you can find on their menu items. The salads are Jalapeno Popper Salad, Chicken Caesar Salad, Southwest Avocado Salad, Taco Salad, and Apple Pecan Salad.
Get started to make Wendy’s copycat taco salad at home. Refer to the recipe, it will guide you through the process. Share your experience with us in the comments section below.