Texas Roadhouse roadkill can delightfully slay, but I am sure you won’t be killed. Scoot your boots and dig deep to know a great recipe for roadkill. You will get the flair of making Texas Roadhouse roadkill at home.
The roadkill hasn’t anything to scare. Instead, it’s a beef steak loaded with mushrooms and onions, further embellished with melted cheese. The standout flavors will make you relish each bite with cheesy goodness.
For preparing the roadkill, blend the ground beef with the Lawry’s seasoning and pepper. Secondly, roll out the ground mixture to prepare the patty. Let it sit in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. When it is all set to roast, grill until cooked through.
Assemble the steak with sautéed mushrooms, onions, and the melted jack cheese on top. Follow to know more details about the recipe. The required equipment, ingredients, calorific value, and instructions are explained below.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Texas Roadhouse Roadkill?
- Grilling Pan – Sear the beef steak in a grilling pan.
- Tongs – Flip the steak using tongs and cook on both sides.
- Frying Pan – Sauté the mushrooms and onions using a frying pan.
- Knife – Finely chop the mushrooms and onions with a knife.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Texas Roadhouse Roadkill?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||30 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Texas Roadhouse Roadkill?
- Ground Beef – Take half a pound of ground beef to prepare the roadkill at home.
- Canola Oil – Sear the steak using canola oil. It improves our heart health and reduces cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Egg – Marinate the beef steak in an egg mixture mixed with spices.
- Lawry’s Seasoning – Lawry’s seasoning is prepared with paprika, celery, garlic, salt, and other spices.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the steak with a pinch of black pepper.
- Onions – Sautéed onions added on top of the beef steak bring out a savory blend of flavors.
- Mushrooms – Mushrooms are highly nutritious and bring a great deal of flavors.
- Monterey Jack Cheese – The magic element added to the roadkill is the Monterey jack cheese slice on top of the steak.
Steps To Make Texas Roadhouse Roadkill
1. Mix Together
In a bowl, add egg, ground beef, Lawry’s seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Mix it well and form round-shaped two patties. Let the patties sit in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, sauté the onions and mushrooms with salt and pepper.
2. The Drill To Grilling
Grill the patties using canola oil greased all over the grilling pan. Flip the steak with tongs to cook on both sides. Make sure you cook the steak over medium heat.
3. Final Destination
Grab a baking tray greased with some oil. Place one steak, followed by the onions and mushrooms. Place another steak to cover and top it up with a slice of Monterey Jack cheese. Bake the steak for 10-15 minutes. Remove the baking tray when it is cooked. Serve and enjoy!
How Will Texas Roadhouse Roadkill Look And Taste Like?
Texas Roadhouse roadkill is a beefsteak loaded with savory sautéed mushrooms and onions. Buttery and cheesy flavors are infused well. Help your taste buds to try out the roadkill that is filled with the carnival of flavors. The steak is juicy and golden brown in color with a rustic appearance. Moreover, the taste is slightly smoky.
Texas Roadhouse Roadkill Recipe
- ½ pound Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 tablepsoon Lawry’s Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ cup Onions
- ½ cup Mushrooms
- 2 slices Monterey Jack Cheese
- In a bowl, add egg, ground beef, Lawry’s seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Mix it well.
- Form two hamburger patties with the ground beef mixture. The patty should be thick and firm.
- Let the patty sit in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onions and mushrooms over medium heat until they are translucent.
- Remove the pan when the onions and mushrooms are almost cooked.
- Take out the patties and place them on the grilling pan. Grill the patties until browned and cooked through.
- Finally, it is time to assemble.
- Place one patty in the baking tray, followed by the sauteed onions and mushrooms. Top it up with another beef patty and place two slices of Monterey jack cheese on top.
- Place the baking tray in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Texas Roadhouse roadkill made of?
Texas Roadhouse roadkill is prepared with a beef steak smothered in sautéed onions, mushrooms, and a lot of jack cheese on the top.
What does Texas Roadhouse do to make their steaks so tender?
Texas Roadhouse season their steaks and let it sit to marinate for 30-40 minutes.
What is chopped steak made of?
Chopped steak is prepared with pure ground sirloin.
What is the most popular steak at Texas Roadhouse?
USDA sirloin is one of the most popular steaks offered at Texas Roadhouse.
So, don’t delay anymore and get ready to prepare Texas Roadhouse roadkill at home with us. Let us know how it goes in the comment section below.