There are times when you forget your wallet or don’t have the exact change for billing. That’s when digital payment apps like Apple pay make life easier. They are quick to use and safe money transfer modes. These modes also come in use at restaurants for making payments. One such restaurant can be Sonic. But does fast-food chain Sonic accept Apple Pay?
Sonic allows customers to make payments via Apple Pay. The fast-food chain confirmed the arrival of the payment platform on 2 November 2019. They recognize Apple Pay as a valid method of payment for both in-store orders and online orders. To use this method of payment, all you need to have is an Apple device and an Apple Pay account.
Sonic, also known as Sonic Drive-In, is an American drive-in fast-food restaurant chain that was founded in 1953. This chain attracts customers for its fun serving style. Sonic appoints car hops who go around on roller skates to serve meals to customers.
Sonic has over 46 locations in the United States of America and around 3,550 restaurants. Apart from hamburgers and fries, this restaurant also offers other menu items like onion rings, chili dogs, corn dogs, breakfast toaster sandwiches, soft drinks, milkshakes, slushes, floats, sundaes, etc.
So, when you reach Sonic, all you need to do is go to the drive-in booth and then place your order via an intercom system. Once the order is placed, it is delivered to you by one of the carhops. Now that you know how things work out at Sonic, I’m sure you are already making plans to visit it.
In this article, you’ll get to know whether or not Sonic accepts Apple pay. If it does, you will learn how to use it. So, let’s get started!
What's In The Post
Does Sonic Accept Apple Pay?
A visit to Sonic is not only delicious but also a fun experience. You begin by choosing the best items on their menu and have them delivered to you in the most amazing way. But this fast-food chain has also made the customer experience more convenient by introducing a fast and safe payment method. Let’s find out how.
Sonic introduced the Apple Pay service for customers in November 2019. It encourages customers to use Apple Pay by offering discounts and launch offers. This mode of payment method can be used to make a payment for your purchase in the drive-in. Other payment methods accepted at Sonic include cash, credit card, debit card, Samsung Pay, and gift cards.
Sonic began accepting Apple Pay just before the Covid-19 pandemic hit. This move certainly turned out to be a huge success for the chain as it made for a contactless payment method. The platform made sure that most users make use of the NFC-based payment method to complete their payment, as the payment method minimized contact. Additionally, it turned out to be one of the fastest and most convenient payment methods.
How to Set up Apple Pay on iPhone To Pay At Sonic?
The first step for using Apple Pay at Sonic is to get your Apple device ready for instant payment. The following steps are going to help you set up Apple pay:
- Go to the device settings and click on the ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Add Card’ to link your Apple Pay account with your Credit or Debit card. Whatever card you choose will become the default payment card while using Apple Pay.
- Select the payment type and enter all the required details for a successful link.
- Agree with the terms and conditions of Apple Pay, and your card verification will be successful.
- You are now ready to use Apple Pay and make quick and hassle-free payments at Sonic.
How to Use Apple Pay at Sonic Drive-In?
Using Apple Pay at Sonic Drive-in is absolutely easy, which has been done by the use of NFC (near-field communication) and RFID (radio frequency identification) systems. It offers a lot of flexibility by making payments using Apple Pay via the face ID feature and via the Sonic app, using Apple Pay at Sonic drive-thrus. Take a look at the steps below for an easy payment experience: –
Paying Via the Sonic App or At The Counter
- After collecting your meal at Sonic, head to the check-in counter and ask for the card reader.
- Make sure that you have added your debit or credit card to your Apple pay wallet. Furthermore, also make sure that you have been signed in with your Apple ID so that you can use Apple pay for payments.
- Open Apple Pay on your Apple device.
- Select the card you wish to pay with.
- Once the card reader scans your device, the payment will be confirmed within a few seconds.
Paying Via The Face ID Feature
The process to use Apple Pay at Sonic using the face id feature is fairly simple. Read on to know how to make payments via this method.
- Go to the Sonic Drive-In check-out counter with your meal purchased.
- Open your Apple device and use Face ID/Touch ID to confirm your identity.
- Select the card you want to use for payment at the check-out counter.
- The Sonic contactless reader will scan for purchase.
Can I get Cashback While Using Apple Pay at Sonic Drive-in?
Discount offers and cashbacks are the best part of the shopping experience. Thus, companies keep their customers happy by providing them with such benefits. And at Sonic, you can take advantage of these offers with cashback benefits.
Apple Pay allows users to make payments at a lot of places. And with each payment, you become eligible to receive cashback from Apple Pay itself. Every payment you make using Apple Pay allows you to earn a 3% cashback. You can learn more about this through the official website of Apple.
Life is certainly made easy with digital payment options like Apple Pay. They not only make the payment process easier, but you can use it anywhere, even offline. Apple Pay is accepted nearly everywhere today, with more stores jumping on the bandwagon every day. And you can also make payments using Apple Pay if you own an Apple watch.
Benefits of using Apple Pay at Sonic Drive-In
Both Apple and Sonic Drive-In have been working together to make it easy for customers to do effortless and beneficial transactions. Therefore, there are several benefits of using Apple pay at Sonic drive-in restaurants. Read on to know more about such benefits.
- Efficiency – Apple pay makes it easy, fast, and convenient to pay for your order at Sonic.
- Discounts – By using Apple Pay, you can get 3% cashback. You can also enjoy temporary or seasonal benefits and rewards from Sonic for using Apple pay for your orders.
- Security – Apple Pay is safe and secure to make payments. Your card information is kept totally safe by Apple pay and is not shared with the Sonic app or device.
- Convenience – There is no need to carry cards and cash to make payments as you will have your iPhone or Apple watch with you, which is enough to make payments.
Other Payment Methods Acceptable At Sonic
Don’t have an Apple gadget? No worries! At Sonic, you can pick up delicious meals by using different payment options of your choice. These include cash, credit card, debit card, and gift card. You can pick any one of these payment options to pay for your order.
Read on to know more about each of these methods given below!
- Cash – You can make payments at Sonic Drive-in using cash. These can be, at times, the most convenient option and not a so-convenient option if you don’t have change. But either way, you don’t have to depend on a device.
- Credit or Debit Cards – Payments at Sonic can also be made easy by using credit or debit cards. This fast-food chain accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- Gift Cards – You can also get your favorite hamburger from Sonic by using a Sonic gift card. All you have to do is go to your Sonic account, tap on payment methods, and select “enter a gift card number .”Here you enter the eGift Card number and PIN to redeem the benefits.
Using Apple Pay for payment at Sonic Drive-In offers various benefits. Your payments are only made convenient and quick, but they are also made secure. Additionally, customers using Apple Pay can also earn rewards. Other than Apple Pay, Sonic accepts cash payments and credit and debit cards, including Sonic gift cards. On the other hand, Sonic doesn’t accept payment methods like Amazon gift cards, Alipay, Google Pay, PayPal, Shop Pay, and even cryptocurrency.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you use Apple Pay to make payments at Sonic Drive-In?
Yes, you can use Apple Pay to make payments at Sonic Drive-In.
What are the different ways using which you can make an Apple Pay payment at Sonic?
The different ways via which you can make an Apple Pay payment at Sonic are paying via the face ID feature, paying for the drive-thru, and online and in-house orders.
Is Sonic Apple Pay a Safe Option?
Apple Pay is the most convenient and safe choice for making payments anywhere. That’s because Apple Pay never accesses your bank details or other information. With Apple Pay, you enter your details once and get to pay within seconds.
Can I Use Sonic Apple Pay from My iPhone?
Yes, Apple Pay has been made for Apple device users. The contactless payment method is faster and more efficient than other payment methods.
Will I earn special SONIC discounts or rewards for using Apple Pay to place an order?
We may offer special temporary promotional discounts or rewards for using Apple Pay to pay for your order.
What are the other payment methods accepted at Sonic?
At Sonic, you can pick up delicious meals by using different payment options of your choice. These include cash, credit card, debit card, and gift card.