Today, I’m going to share the recipe for Zuni chicken. This dish is basically from San Francisco but it is now available in other cities and countries. I always wanted to make it and after a month of continuous research and visiting different restaurants, I finally came with this recipe.
The secret behind the taste of Zuni chicken is salting the bird at least a day in advance. It will help in improving flavor, keeping it moist, and make it tender. It is basically served with bread or salad or can use any of your favorite side dishes with this.
To make Zuni chicken, season the chicken by rubbing salt over and under its skin and refrigerate overnight. Then, bake it for 45 minutes, flipping after half an hour. Cut bread into cubes and add chicken broth and olive oil to it. Make a bed of this mixture in a baking pan and place the chicken over it. Bake it for 15 minutes. Pour a mixture of vinegar, olive oil, and salt over the chicken.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Garlic Broccoli and Chicken Pasta– This pasta recipe is quick and easy to make. It gives a perfect flavor of garlic with the richness of creamy parmesan sauce. Unlike other creamy kinds of pasta, this combination of chicken breasts combined with broccoli and pasta is not heavy at all.
2. Cilantro Lime Chicken– Cilantro lime chicken is a full package of bold flavors with juicy chicken. It can be served as a complete meal and fill your belly with satisfaction. Easy to cook with a handful of ingredients, this recipe is a game-changer.
3. Chinese Coconut Chicken– This is a must-have recipe, which can be enjoyed with rice and veggies. Your family and friends will also love these crispy fried chicken breast tenders coated with coconut sauce.
4. Kadai Chicken– Kadai Chicken is a very popular Chicken Dry dish that is made with rich tomato gravy and sauteed along with chunks of capsicum and onions.
Zuni Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs. Chicken
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- 5 slices Bread
- ½ teaspoon Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Loosen the skin of the chicken. This will make it easier to season.
- Now, add salt to the chicken under the skin. Add seasalt and pepper to season the chicken properly.
- Inside the cavity, sprinkle some salt. Then, tuck and twist the wings behind the shoulders, loosely cover it and refrigerate for sometime. It is recomended to refregerate it overnight.
- Take the chicken out and place it in a baking dish.
- Place the chicken in the oven and bake it for about for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, change the side of bird. Roast it for about 10-15 minutes and then flip, it to crisp the skin for sometime.
- Cut the bread and put it in a bowl. Add chicken broth and olive oil to it and toss them gently.
- Put it in a pan. Use a paper towel to remove moisture. Now, put the chicken over the bread mixture.
- Brush it with some oil and sprinkle black pepper over it.
- Bake it again for 15 minutes. Take it out and move it to the cutting board.
- Now, mix some vinegar with extra virgin oil and salt and whisk it properly.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and pour the pan drippings over the chicken. Then, pour vinegar mixture over it. Serve it with salad of your choice.